NSW & Holden Cups - Round 8 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Match report: NSW Cup vs Illawarra

150k a year is not a lot in the modern game

It is for an unproven young back-rower @Disco.
Big step up from Holden and even NSW Cup to 1st grade and our recruitment has been above average in recent years; so there has to be some concern about Chee Kam's efforts so far.

Really hope we keep and look after these kids like Jake and Tom Turbo, Gutherson etc . I love our growing crop of home grown or developed players!

And thanks for the summary @Darren.
Pity it wasn't a better Anzac effort from the boys.

Darren said:
I agree driftout about Chee Kam. I remember him being a big, barnstorming 2nd rower. He was quite lean today. Maybe with all the injuries he couldn't lift weights etc and has lost his some of his bulk? I have read Tooves rates him so maybe they see 2014 as slowly bringing him back for possibly 2015? fingers crossed as I remember reading we paid $450k for 3 years.

He looked to be in the 105 to 108kg range with the Raiders .

Trbojevic & Symonds were the only standouts in a poor team performance!
Yes Gutherson had a couple of good runs and worked hard but his attacking options & kicking game was just as bad as Rudolph's, also throwing hospital balls & kicking out on the full!
The team had no attacking strike power all day from anyone right across the park!

Thanks for the report Darren and Bird up . Good work :)

RiverEagle said:
Big step up from Holden and even NSW Cup to 1st grade and our recruitment has been above average in recent years; so there has to be some concern about Chee Kam's efforts so far.

Really hope we keep and look after these kids like Jake and Tom Turbo, Gutherson etc . I love our growing crop of home grown or developed players!

Not really for a player who was in the 20s team of the year and had interest from rival clubs as well.

I've said this a million times but people shouldn't be too worried about the results in the lower grades. Its all about player development. Playing Gutherson at 6 doesn't mean they view him as a replacement for Foz. It means they want him to work on certain aspects of his game.

I would like to see Jake T in first grade, but the club are being very deliberate with his development. I wouldn't even be surprised if he didn't play in the top grade all year.

Just finished watching the 20's and I've got to question the coaching tactics. They look like a talented group of young guys, just playing off the top of their heads with little if any structure. In comparison, the Raiders looked well drilled. Can we get some decent coaches for our lower grades?

The seven had the worst Game ever he gave the left side players no chance in attack. Defensively jake, the 10 and harrison really stood up. No 5 who played fullback gave his all just pushed passes when they wernt on.Ephi was running around in circles not sure what manly has in mind with him. The score was 16 nil for most of the game and considering we turned the ball over as much as we did it wasn't a bad effort defensively against a side with at least 5 players with nrl experience for the cutters.Blair looks totally uninterested and looks to be only a winger not much chop in the centres

Sami, that couldn't be any more truer than your comments. Very well summed up. The halfback was horrendous and the left hand centre copped some cracker passes which got him pumped. Ephi looked a million miles from the top 17. He is quite big but didn't even intimidate. Cheyse had the couldn't be bothered attitude. Playing centre he kept trying to run over his opposition which never worked.

RiverEagle said:

You wont sign any of the top Holden Cup talent if you don't pay that much

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7