NSW govt commits to stadia build

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The current Premier of NSW Priminister come from the north shore and are apparently Manly supporters. If Brookvale can not get funding now it never will.
The current Premier of NSW Priminister come from the north shore and are apparently Manly supporters. If Brookvale can not get funding now it never will.

Blue ribbon liberal seat. The Libs don't need to spend money there as they don't need to buy votes. The Labour Party won't because it's a waste of time for them.

It has to go this way (unfortunately) League looks a shambles playing out of tin pot ovals in the 21st century. AFL said this ten years ago but the clubs have thrived in money and fans fill out stadiums. Every other major code play out of top stadiums and that is where the money is.
People say no Manly fans will travel but looking at our crowd figures the past few years they ain't going to Brookie anyway. At least stadiums will guarantee money to the club. Brookie loses money every home game. No wonder it is rumoured Penn may sell as our ground and membership[ base are loss making disasters.

Time is running out for Brookvale. There is a window of 5 years to get this done otherwise the club is going to be forced to take more games away from there. It comes donw to sustainability and we are really behind our rivals now in revenue generated.

The Penns spelt out their vision earlier this year for Brookvale and we have heard nothing since. We need to know what is going on because if Brooky gets a re build we will be playing games away for at least one season.

The NSW government have not hidden what their plans are for major stadia in this state. Parra stadium is under a government trust and there is a strong argument that it needs upgrading. Brooky is not going to get that while Warringah council resist the changes that are needed to bring the ground into line wit other stadia.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
If Allianz is upgraded with a decent roof and the games are scheduled at an acceptable time (which they'll need to be to get the crowds) I'll go.

The crowd of 14K against North qld in a semi final a few years ago keeps getting quoted as a reason not to go. But we also got 30,000 plus crowds for semi finals against the Cowboys and Warriors in other semi finals a few years earlier!

The start time for the 14k crowd was 830pm from memory, and that was ridiculous.

I hope we can stay at Brookvale and I think we will in the short term but the reality is that the league want all the clubs playing at the bigger stadia and the question is where will Manly play home games?

Homebush is not really suitable in that it is a fair way to travel from the beaches and you are a long way from the game viewing wise. I would like to see what the new stadium at Moore Park is like as if its more fan friendly that the current Allianz it might be ok. I just hope that if the club is forced to leave Brookvale that the NRL ensure that the fans are given the chance to travel to games in comfort because getting to Homebush or SFS now for a night game is really difficult if you are driving to the game.

As I think others have mentioned, it's pretty vague stuff from Premier Mike Broadaccent and his team. I understand Mike is surrounded by GayFL-loving staffers and a sports minister who is resolutely 'westified' in outlook.

The current owners have no intention it seems of seeing that $10million spent on Brookvale. Joltin' Jokelly spouts twaddle about a Stamford Bridge-like overhaul (I'm reminded of the story of the Syrian with a beautiful girlfriend - his name, Azif).

Last edited:
The other option is;
$10m fed govt in place
$10m from private investment
$10m from 200,000 fans@$50ea

=$30 million.

Then let's see anyone turn there back on that, including council.

I understand that the club would need closer to 70 million to refurbish Brookvale. We heard earlier this year about vision the Penns have for the ground but nothing since.

After this announcement by Baird and that Smith wants Sydney clubs playing at the big stadia, we need to hear from our owners about what we are going to do!!!

• 👍
Reactions: doc
In general I'm a fan of what Mike Baird is doing for this State, but I completely disagree with his position on this issue.
Two weeks ago I sent him an email asking why, when considering spending billions on stadia, there was not one decent stadium on the north side of Sydney. I reminded him that he, and other senior Ministers, represented the northside, which is the heartland of Liberal support.
Within a few hours I'd received a reply stating this was a matter for Stuart Ayes, the Sports Minister, and my email would be passed on to him.
No reply from Ayres, yet. So I sent Baird another one yesterday, asking why, if the stadia issue doesn't fall into his balliwick as he told me, was he announcing the $1.6-B plan?
Mr Baird, do your job as a local member. Not everything is about Western Sydney!

He is just a 'drop-in' fan. 'Supports' Manly for convenience sake. Overcompensated for the U.S. schooling with the put on broad Australian accent.

To be fair though, there is nothing in the report detailing how Manly might be forced to play elsewhere.

Last edited:
We're getting sold out here and it's a sickening inside job.
Our own local members, der kommendant und der fuhrer. Our own game's administration. And our own clubs owners.
These are the people screwing us over. You'd like to think it would be the TV networks, some MP's from out of the area sacrificing the North of Sydney to look good amongst their own people or big business that sees us as a different market to the rest and not one worth the effort. But no. It's our own people throwing us under the bus (because they won't give us a train).

Hopefully if we can get any upgrade to Brookie so we can keep Thursday, Friday and Monday games at the Fortress.

THere's been more talk lately of a northern Beaches rail line to link up with the new Sydney Metro at North Sydney heading into the City.

Also, the new Parra Stadium should be built at Blacktown. That way the Panthers can also utilise it.
If the goal of the government is for the western Sydney clubs to share a venue, Blacktown would be more central and fairer to the Tigers and Panthers fans. Parramatta should have a big venue because the Wanderers are only going to grow as well.

So the NRL will take the game to the people, but that's if youse people are the ones living in the west, not the north or south. The north side of Sydney will actually lose their only one NRL team Manly. Bye bye sharks too.

Canterbury and South Sydney, tenants at ANZ Stadium, could remain there, while Cronulla and Manly are also likely to be pushed to play home games at one of the three major grounds. Smith indicated on Friday the suburban grounds would be retained as training facilities and perhaps to host the odd game – "from time to time it's great to recognise where we come from" – but with the government's investment contingent on content being guaranteed, most games will be held at the new stadiums.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/nrl-signals-end-of-suburban-grounds-after-1-billion-stadiums-announcement-20150904-gjfizy.html
Smith can well and truly f**k off, is he trying to shut us down ?? are the people north of the harbour not entitled to a team, if we are playing out of Moore Park or Homebush how can we call ourselves Manly Warringah ???

Like all of the bleeding heart left wingers out there you completely missed his point.

He made no comment about the actual acts or their quantum, what he described was the difference of one advertising proudly the evil they had committed whilst the other sought to hide their atrocities. But hey, you go on blindly thinking it's no big deal.

The facts are that they have murdered hundreds of thousands and will continue to do so until stopped.
Lol.

I'm hearing that you are certain I must, by definition, be some bleeding heart left winger - simply because I don't accept what your hero, Tony Abbott, desperately wants me to believe. Nice potted thinking there Ralphie.

1. The Nazis bombed Londoners. They invaded a swathe of countries. They mass murdered. They did not try to hide any of this. They were not in the least bit embarrassed. Despite what Abbott would like you to believe.

2. The Nazis openly rounded up all Jews for ethnic cleansing. They did not attempt to hide it. Hitler openly promoted, and demanded, hatred of all Jews. It is gross distortion to equate tactical information manipulation with embarrassment. They were not the slightest bit embarrassed about what they did. Despite what Abbott would like you to believe.

3. You say hundreds of thousands have been killed by ISIS. Ever enquired how many of those killed were Muslims? How many were Westerners? Get a grip mate, and question the hype. Look at why Abbott needs you to be so scared. Wars and terrorism have always been part of human history. Always.

There has NEVER been a safer time to be alive on this planet than right now. And there is no safer place to be alive than in Australia. Why are you so terrified? And who promotes your fear, and who does this fear serve?

Last edited:
May as well turn Brookie into a dog walking park now. The Penns will privately put pressure on Dogberg to announce our home ground as unsuitable for NRL games. They will pretend to wring their hands and then promptly ship half our games to the SFS and the other half to Gosford :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6