NSW Cup 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
We got a Rudolph from Tigers, don't know any Thompsons.
Maybe Jack.
Emma?

WTF!

Dunno where I pulled "Thompson" from? Too many Bourbs and too much work this week will be the excuse.
Maybe a flashback to Manoa Thompson, you all guessed who I was talking about anyway.
Yep, I meant Manaia Rudolph from the Tigers, but hey, let's hope he turns out as good as Allan.

So, we are "finally going to deliver this season..."
I'd like to see that.
We have a good team on paper, but never lived up to expectations. Many posters have blamed the coach. This is Luke's chance to show he's as good a coach as he is a bloke.

Willamson's coaching record is 2012 NYC - 6 wins and 16 losses, 2013 NSW cup 7 wins and 17 losses.

His record is abysmal so why is he still coaching NSW Cup and why is the club accepting terrible results like this?

There's got to be an investigation!

tookey said:
Willamson's coaching record is 2012 NYC - 6 wins and 16 losses, 2013 NSW cup 7 wins and 17 losses.

His record is abysmal so why is he still coaching NSW Cup and why is the club accepting terrible results like this?

There's got to be an investigation!

The simple answer is, they are only interested in the 1sts, which is a shame. As I would love to see the other grades get up as well. They know what boys will be going through to 1sts and these are the players they are focused on rather than the whole team doing well. Its always been the case at Manly.

Then if we get a run of injuries this year the club will be crying about our lack of depth.

The club as a whole would be better with a talented NSW Cup coach who can actually maximise the talents of each player so that they can out pressure on the first grade players.

It has been a long time since there was actually reserve grade players putting pressure on the first grade team for positions.

I look at it like this. If our lower grades won all the time, rival clubs would constantly be waving chequebooks at all our guys. This way we concentrate on nurturing a select few, rather than developing too many for other clubs. ;)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I look at it like this. If our lower grades won all the time, rival clubs would constantly be waving chequebooks at all our guys. This way we concentrate on nurturing a select few, rather than developing too many for other clubs. ;)

But if we do well in our lower grades it could also bring Big Sponsorship to the club as the Sponsors like the fact the Whole Club is doing well, seeing they are Investing lots of $$$$$$

You are blind if you can not see the formula for the club - choose talented youngsters (most likely due to financial restraints) and retain them rather than the overall team

You could argue with our halves that we will not need another one for a number of years...so why go and chase players in a spot where you do not need them...instead the focus is on front rowers etc

lsz said:
You are blind if you can not see the formula for the club - choose talented youngsters (most likely due to financial restraints) and retain them rather than the overall team

You could argue with our halves that we will not need another one for a number of years...so why go and chase players in a spot where you do not need them...instead the focus is on front rowers etc

The halves and Front Rowers we need more of. There are No Decent halves coming through at the moment.

With a cap and questions over how much we pay the kids (from memory this was a Des gripe ) the club is clearly not in a position to build all spots / a complete team

They must look at dce and foz and think the money is better spent else where I.e on turbo jnr to replace snake in the future

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2