NRL to announce Investigation results for Manly Salary Cap issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think
Just on 5pm Foxsports that Manly Management expect clearance from NRL HQ investigation - guess what! end of next week!
I think they misquoted Scott Penn who said that their interviews should end next week; however, he didn't know how long it would take after that to get an outcome.

Gorman signing, Trent extending, and now this. Greenberg must be experiencing the week from hell.
Worry not.
He'll be warming up his bah humbug Ebenezer Scrooge impersonation as we speak, trying to conjure up something to bring us down.
And his wizened elf mclymont will be gnashing her remaining teeth to save her miserable face.
Geez I hope we sue the b*stards.

I can’t believe they are not looking at other clubs. The salary cap is a complete failure at achieving its objective of providing a level playing field whilst TPAs are not disclosed and not capped.

More ****ing #nextweek
I have to say, in light of today’s announcement re Baz and Gorman, and the acknowledgment by Penn confirming our interest in Pearce. The whole #nextweek thing feels stale and somewhat contrived. Particularly as the club has demonstrated it is doing its business in a professional and considered manner. Those belonging to the #nextweek click need to acknowledge this fact and stop throwing their toys out of the cot because they feel that management aren’t getting things done quickly enough to satisfy their now or never mindset . The overall process that has transpired in signing Baz and Gorman indicates the club knows exactly what it’s doing, and at the end of the day it’s Still November ffs. Furthermore, when it comes to elite level business, it’s best to bide your time and be certain that the moves you make are what your organisation requires. Put it this way, if it was my business, the last thing I’d be doing would be handing over the reigns to the NOW NOW NOW, get it done and dusted yesterday brigade. The best business people are never rushed, and care little about the noise created by people jumping up and down, who reside outside the inner sanctum. After all, we’re Manly, not the Titans.

Last edited:
I have to say, in light of today’s announcement re Baz and Gorman, and the acknowledgment by Penn confirming our interest in Pearce. The whole #nextweek thing feels stale and somewhat contrived. Particularly as the club has demonstrated it is doing its business in a professional and considered manner. Those belonging to the #nextweek click need to acknowledge this fact and stop throwing their toys out of the cot because they feel that management aren’t getting things done quickly enough to satisfy their now or never mindset . The overall process that has transpired in signing Baz and Gorman indicates the club knows exactly what it’s doing, and at the end of the day it’s Still November ffs. Furthermore, when it comes to elite level business, it’s best to bide your time and be certain that the moves you make are what your organisation requires. Put it this way, if it was my business, the last thing I’d be doing would be handing over the reigns to the NOW NOW NOW, get it done and dusted yesterday brigade. The best business people are never rushed, and care little about the noise created by people jumping up and down, who reside outside the inner sanctum. After all, we’re Manly, not the Titans.

I’ve liked that even though its been my campaign ( which has been largely taking the piss out of the Zorba announcement).

BTW, I’ve got no problems with how Penn has handled this and if it hadn’t been for Zorba’s comment I would have said nothing!!

I’ve liked that even though its been my campaign ( which has been largely taking the piss out of the Zorba announcement).

BTW, I’ve got no problems with how Penn has handled this and if it hadn’t been for Zorba’s comment I would have said nothing!!
You, Mark are a gentleman, and from what I can tell from my time on here, no fool. It has been obvious to me what your motivation has been. In fairness, my post wasn’t really aimed at people having some tongue in cheek fun. It was directed more so at a very few, who go on and on about how second rate our club is in getting things done (particularly the owners). I watched the press conference today and came away impressed by the professionalism and class displayed by all involved. Anyway, I hope you’re having a great time in Vietnam mate.

You, Mark are a gentleman, and from what I can tell from my time on here, no fool. It has been obvious to me what your motivation has been. In fairness, my post wasn’t really aimed at people having some tongue in cheek fun. It was directed more so at a very few, who go on and on about how second rate our club is in getting things done (particularly the owners). I watched the press conference today and came away impressed by the professionalism and class displayed by all involved. Anyway, I hope you’re having a great time in Vietnam mate.
I am buddy, enjoying cheap beers , great food and some lovely sights!!

No worries, I’m really happy for the club and am sure the Penn’s were just doing their due diligence , if I was the owner so would I!

This is what Penn said. "They potentially have emails of managers saying, 'I want this'. That doesn't mean that that has ever transpired. And I have seen those emails. The fact is that never happened. There are counter emails going back going 'by the way, we can't do that'.

Don't like the look of that and if I take the maroon and white goggles off I'm not confident we will be cleared.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8