NRL & The Voice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Woke is a buzz word the right use to call anyone with any form of progressive view.
A bit overused now I think.
Woke maybe a buzz word but there are plenty of them out there used to shut down conversation on both sides of the ideological spectrum. Words like racist, bigot and alike are now used to straw man people who are willing to question or challenge some of the progressive views out there. It’s rather sad on how we are as a society bastardising language to bully others into their point of view on both sides.

We can no longer read “ Baa baa black sheep to our grandkids “ it has to be “
Baa baa coloured sheep”.

That’s part of woke

Can’t offend or take the piss any more can we ??
Cameron White, Betty White, Jack White (and the White Stripes), Walter White & Snow White, even Barry White - obviously all racists :rofl:

Coon cheese etc, can't even use your own surname 🙄
Yep that’s another one.

My daughters changed jobs now but not long ago was the director at a childcare centre.

Was instructed by the owners to NOT have an Easter Bonnet parade nor have a Xmas tree or decorations.

Why, 120 kids there and a Muslim family moved into town and out their child in care.

So 119 kids missed out because those things “ might “ offend 1.

By the way , she spoke to the mother of the said child who informed her it was nothing to do with them.

The world has gone crazy

Yep that’s another one.

My daughters changed jobs now but not long ago was the director at a childcare centre.

Was instructed by the owners to NOT have an Easter Bonnet parade nor have a Xmas tree or decorations.

Why, 120 kids there and a Muslim family moved into town and out their child in care.

By the way , she spoke to the mother of the said child who informed her it was nothing to do with them.

The world has gone crazy

🤦🏻‍♂️

Yep that’s another one.

The world has gone crazy
My neices kinder do all types of national days inc Easter and Xmas, Holi etc

We can no longer read “ Baa baa black sheep to our grandkids “ it has to be “
Baa baa coloured sheep”.

That’s part of woke

Can’t offend or take the piss any more can we ??
To be fair though, I think it’s because the origins of the rhyme are from slavery in the US, so I can kind of understand…

EDIT: actually no, I’m full of sh1t on that one, please ignore lol

I have no issue with how anyone intends to vote. Gather your info and facts and make your decision. Vote accordingly.

I don't understand why organisations want to buy into this. I guess only those supporting the proposal will make an announcement. Could you imagine, right now, if Collingwood Football Club came out today and said they against it.

Found for thought.

I have no issue with how anyone intends to vote. Gather your info and facts and make your decision. Vote accordingly.

I don't understand why organisations want to buy into this. I guess only those supporting the proposal will make an announcement. Could you imagine, right now, if Collingwood Football Club came out today and said they against it.

Found for thought.

They won't Bob ... all sporting bodies either thrive or struggle based on Government grants, gambling tax rate and gambling laws, subsidies to pay junior fees, ground improvements etc etc .... they will not risk alienating an incumbent government ..

And with Albanese tying himself so completely to a yes vote, both politically and professionally ... the pressure to kowtow will be too great ... throw in all the state Labor government "influence" ... and it would almost be suicidal to oppose ...

You would have to wonder why ... every major sporting body has or will issue statements supporting a yes vote ... of their own free will .. yep .. must be of their own free will ..

They won't Bob ... all sporting bodies either thrive or struggle based on Government grants, gambling tax rate and gambling laws, subsidies to pay junior fees, ground improvements etc etc .... they will not risk alienating an incumbent government ..

And with Albanese tying himself so completely to a yes vote, both politically and professionally ... the pressure to kowtow will be too great ... throw in all the state Labor government "influence" ... and it would almost be suicidal to oppose ...

You would have to wonder why ... every major sporting body has or will issue statements supporting a yes vote ... of their own free will .. yep .. must be of their own free will ..
Very narrow to just say it's labour.
Lesser
Archer
Birmingham
Bragg
Fletcher
Broadbent
All going against Duttons view to campaign for a no vote.

Very narrow to just say it's labour.
Lesser
Archer
Birmingham
Bragg
Fletcher
Broadbent
All going against Duttons view to campaign for a no vote.
As it should be , at least the Libs will allow a conscious vote.

I bet if a bunch of Labor pollies came out against it you’d see them banished quick smart.

It should never have been politicised.

There should just be all the information out there , a yes campaign ( funded ) a no campaign ( equal funding ) and the pollies just allowed to go whichever way they want.

To be fair though, I think it’s because the origins of the rhyme are from slavery in the US, so I can kind of understand…

EDIT: actually no, I’m full of sh1t on that one, please ignore lol
This is one example , you read many like this , most nursery rhymes don’t cut the mustard with modern “ woke “ views.

I bet if a bunch of Labor pollies came out against it you’d see them banished quick smart.

There should just be all the information out there , a yes campaign ( funded ) a no campaign ( equal funding ) and the pollies just allowed to go whichever way they want.
Maybe their to afraid to put on a full on NO vote campaign on TV. Jacinta Price and Warren Mundine did a limited amount of no vote ads on TV, and the no vote shot up to 39 and the yes vote went down big time to 43 and the rest undecided.

I don't think 1 in 10 that aren't I favour will come out. But 9 out 10 in favour will be happy to tell you their opinion.

I am pretty much not in favour of any referendums.

Mind you in my time as a voter the subject matter leaves a lot to de desired. No wonder I have never seen a successful one.

Doubt this one will be any different.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8