NRL still won't register Snake contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
Rex i can safely say that there are few people who know what actually happened of which I am not one. The rest of us are just reliant on our own "sources" etc

I am not someone who thinks that one party is accountable - it was a mutual f up by both the board and Des

That's been my stance from the get-go, and there has been no evidence to suggest it was all one entities fault.

manlywarringah said:
lovefooty said:
lsz said:
Rex i can safely say that there are few people who know what actually happened of which I am not one. The rest of us are just reliant on our own "sources" etc

I am not someone who thinks that one party is accountable - it was a mutual f up by both the board and Des

Isz you always state your point and when it is challenged you go back to well know one knowes.
The board did get there in the end as they sacked him. This was when the whole board got the message of what he was up to. There were some on the board that were a wake to him for a while and were saying things but remember the papers at the time fuelled by zorba, des opponents shot down, .
Des even gave arko a garantee that he could be trusted. He broke this within a week.
Again Isz your head is in it

I have no other information other than what is stated in the papers and reading on forums but i do remember the drama of when we tried to sign des up a couple of years ago and the board were wary of him back then.

They tried to put kpi's into his contract and were trying to make him more accountable and got shot down terribly not only in the papers but on this forum.

Surely everyone could see then that the board were trying to bring des into line and have more control over what he was doing. The board were made to look like a rabble for doing this. Of course the tele were the ones who put so much pressure on the board as they would hammer them in the press (with well placed sources) offering them information which suited their cause. (wonder who they got this from???)

Seems the board were on the right track back then.

Hope des didn't stuff us up for too long.

Thank god we have good staff in at the moment who can work their way out of this mess!

Here here well said MW and just a footnote to that. Thank God we have such a loyal bunch of senior players who have stuck solid to this club through all the turmoil. It could have been very easy for several to jump ship for big offers but they know this club offers so much more than big money and empty promises.

Frogz said:
If we are over we will fix it...if not we will fix it....if its upto the Telecr@p we r [email protected] Perry we trust

I agree In perry we trust, but remember who are his backers on the board as that there is one who hates him and white ants him everywhere . He and his family voted against perrys extension but the majority carried it 4 / 3 . It just so happens that these people dug in and supported des up until the last week when des got sacked.

The biggest laughs are in reading the online comments. For example one Bulldogs supporter thinks that Manly are on the slide big time and they have lost 'half their team.'

Nothing like a well-informed point of view.

lovefooty said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Lovefooty, I doubt every little piece of info you have received is entirely true, am sure there is a few times your sources have stepped in the bull**** and over exaggerated some stuff to make themselves sound more in the right than they possibly were

Mate. So you think that de$$ was ok doing these things , i can remember a lot of the press as well as people on here jumping on some board members because des could do no wrong. Now that the truth is out there how can any one defend him.

To answer you about the bull**** you talk about , facts back what I have been told.
You can take it or leave it.

What I think personally is that those on the other side of the coin to you will have their facts as well

My overall take on the situation. Have zero interest in club politics and factions and all that crap, what I give a stuff about is the 80mins per week from March-October that the team is on the park

Kiwi Eagle said:
lovefooty said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Lovefooty, I doubt every little piece of info you have received is entirely true, am sure there is a few times your sources have stepped in the bull**** and over exaggerated some stuff to make themselves sound more in the right than they possibly were

Mate. So you think that de$$ was ok doing these things , i can remember a lot of the press as well as people on here jumping on some board members because des could do no wrong. Now that the truth is out there how can any one defend him.

To answer you about the bull**** you talk about , facts back what I have been told.
You can take it or leave it.

What I think personally is that those on the other side of the coin to you will have their facts as well

My overall take on the situation. Have zero interest in club politics and factions and all that crap, what I give a stuff about is the 80mins per week from March-October that the team is on the park

But because of Toovey, T-Rex and Rose we weren't on the park in october 2012. Get it right mate ;-)

This is a supporters site. Not a political factions blog. Piss off. (meant in the nicest possible politically correct way of course)

Snake should get a 300K exemption from the NRL to play for whichever club he wants after the way he wa treated.

silvertail said:
Snake should get a 300K exemption from the NRL to play for whichever club he wants after the way he wa treated.

This is the most sensible comment I have read on this thread (apart from the Manly are the best team comments) :)

And of course the club Snake wants to play for is the mighty MWSE!!

Two things here.

1. How does a meeting with Schubert end up in the media knowing exactly where Manly's financial position stands? Is there ANY sense of confidentiality? Other clubs knowing Manly's specific position would be circling like sharks. Either Schubert should be brought to account, or whoever releases this information to the media should be brought to account in my view.

2. Secondly, lovefooty, it is also very worriesome that you seem to know so much "inside information", because that just affirms that someone in the club is spreading information they shouldn't, which could just do the club harm, thus is very unprofessional. These people should also be held to account.

There are far too many leaks in the club and / or NRL, and examples should be made of them.

So the @NRL are considering a salary cap exemtion for Parra for dis-loyal Falou but snub their nose at Manly over Snakes contract

Ryan said:
Two things here.

1. How does a meeting with Schubert end up in the media knowing exactly where Manly's financial position stands? Is there ANY sense of confidentiality? Other clubs knowing Manly's specific position would be circling like sharks. Either Schubert should be brought to account, or whoever releases this information to the media should be brought to account in my view.

2. Secondly, lovefooty, it is also very worriesome that you seem to know so much "inside information", because that just affirms that someone in the club is spreading information they shouldn't, which could just do the club harm, thus is very unprofessional. These people should also be held to account.

There are far too many leaks in the club and / or NRL, and examples should be made of them.

I am a sponsor of this club and when I read things or hear things I ask people at the club. Not the same people as I have contact with a few.
I just don't put my head in the sand . Maybe others should do the same . It would stop a lot of rubbish . If they didn't wont me to know then I wouldn't be told.
I don't know anyone in the media but I am a sucker for reading it every day.
In the end we all want to win comps. That's why I part with my hard cash to support the club. The rest goes on in all clubs, it's just the telecrap that love baging us.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So the @NRL are considering a salary cap exemtion for Parra for dis-loyal Falou but snub their nose at Manly over Snakes contract

That's some cringe worthy BS right there, if the NRL even think about thinking about it then they can go eat a bag of dicks.

Ryan said:
Two things here.

If what lovefooty is told is the truth, you have a problem with him being told the truth? Seriously Ryan?

Are you scared of truth being told because it undermines the constructed stories of the Telegraph and similar wild gossip?

Ryan said:
Two things here.

On your first point, what if the club really does want it known.

Let's say they realise they are going to be over but to retain Snake, have to still offload 2-3 players.

Knowing that Manly are still in the market to release a couple of first-graders, other clubs can see it worth discussing options to help themselves with their depth.

The players (or managers) would rather stay than do the hard yards finding another club, so with rivals instead coming to you and making offers, perhaps giving more opportunity for game time, then maybe they'll be more inclined to move on.

Do deals and find $300,000 in savings across those numbers and you have the Top 25 (and depth) that you were aiming for.

Worth thinking about.

I'm with Ryan on this one 100%, truth or not, sponsor or not, some of the stuff lovefooty gets told, should be staying in house and met with a no comment or I can't disclose that information when the question is asked

That isn't a crack at you at all lovefooty, but for me, as Ryan says, the person handing out all this info is unprofessional

NRL Sea Eagles: Rose and Williams facing firing line
RUGBY LEAGUE
26 NOV 12 @ 06:00PM BY ANDREW PRENTICE

PREMIERSHIP winning Sea Eagles captain Paul Vautin has declared the club are "victims of their own success" following revelations David Williams and George Rose could be forced out of the club.

Over the weekend it was reported the 2011 NRL premiers are $300,000 over the salary cap, with Brett Stewart's new four-year deal still to be verified by salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

Vautin said halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans needed to be retained on long-term deals, before stating Williams and Rose could be the scapegoats heading into next season.

"Unfortunately that is the way things pan out sometimes," he said.

"Each time you win a competition, it is almost impossible to keep the same playing roster over the coming years.

"Kieran and Daly could potentially play their entire club careers in the maroon and white, and when someone like Brett Stewart expresses a similar desire, you do whatever it takes to make that happen."

Who do you think the Sea Eagles should keep ? Have your say below.

Interchange forward and North Curl Curl Knights junior Vic Mauro is tipped to head to the English Super League, meaning Williams or Rose are likely to be shown the door to balance the books.

Vautin is a massive fan of Williams, labelling "Wolfman" one of the game's best wingers when fit.

"For me he is in the top four (wingers) in the country, he is a great finisher," Vautin said. "He knows how to find the line, I hope the club keep him."

Schubert declined to speak on the issue while John Brady, the NRL's director of media and communications, simply stated that "discussions are on-going between the relevant parties."

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-rose-and-williams-facing-firing-line/
-----------------------------------------------------
I vote for Rose and King to go - Wolfie brings the fun AND talent :angel:

With the draw and this, I truly regret renewing early. :s

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8