NRL still won't register Snake contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
THE NRL is refusing to register the new contract of NSW Origin fullback Brett Stewart because the Sea Eagles are in breach of next year's $5 million salary cap by $300,000.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-told-nrl-wont-register-brett-stewarts-contract-club-is-in-breach-of-2013-salary-cap/story-e6frexnr-1226523484800

"It's not fair for our fans. It's supposed to be all about a level playing field in terms of salary cap, but it's not a level playing field with the draw.

You tell em Tooves

Berkeley_Eagle said:
"It's not fair for our fans. It's supposed to be all about a level playing field in terms of salary cap, but it's not a level playing field with the draw.

You tell em Tooves
"When it comes to the draw for next year, we've been shafted. The TV channels obviously decide who's playing when.

"We've got two lots of three Monday night games in a row.

"It's not really what you would call equitable for all of the teams."...This was what most fans hoped the new commission would get right. The draw is a joke. May as well just give the Broncos ten competition points at the start of the season. It's obvious CH9 holds the real power. " independent commission", what bull****.

We are in this trouble because de$$ left the club with a back log of back ended deals. He has made it very hard for the club to hold its star players. I think he did this knowing that he was leaving. I am told that there are some players this year are getting a lot more than there worth .

I am told that this has caused the problem with snake and the contract being registered .

I am told the club has got it under control and tooves and perry are working well together to get it fixed.

Lovefooty if the club let des do the deals then they are as much to blame as the easy scapegoat des

So Manly offered Snake a 4 year deal worth such and such, why not alter it to a 3 year deal with an option in Snakes favour for 2 year extension as that would easily shave off $300K (just Saying)

'RE: How good is this.
Dean and Phil's keyboards have been quiet of late on the 'P-plate' front.'

Maybe Phil was trolling through the site looking for a 'scoop' when he came across my post above, from another thread? It was time for him to get cracking! lol

Must be slow on the telecrap's news front.

Guys, it's November. If it was February, this could be a problem.
But we have a brilliant CFO (or is it CEO yet) & an accountable coach.

I'm sure they'll work it out.
This story did come out two months ago. Sounds like a re-hash of a known happenning.

great idea BE but maybe Brett needs the dough asap after that expensive case. Isn't it good to see we have the funds for a 5 million cap!! That's great news!!

I hope Tooves kicked Schubert fair up the arse
on his way out of Narrabeen HQ.

No chance of a Snake book release soon then if Hindy's treatment is any example. A dvd of his tries would be something.

lismore_fan said:
Must be slow on the telecrap's news front.

Guys, it's November. If it was February, this could be a problem.
But we have a brilliant CFO (or is it CEO yet) & an accountable coach.

I'm sure they'll work it out.
This story did come out two months ago. Sounds like a re-hash of a known happenning.

Tooves is an accountable coach- I love it!

lsz said:
Lovefooty if the club let des do the deals then they are as much to blame as the easy scapegoat des

Isz . Where have you been. Des ran his own race and you know that. He worked against CEO s ,he played the board off against each other, he used zorba to attack any official that got in his way. I am told that he would not have any one but him do the negotiations between players and used the devide and conquer method to make sure he got his own way.

I know you are a de$$ lover but please pull your head of the sand or de$$e$ butt , what ever works.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4