NRL open fan forum chat with David Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The daily telegraph October 26, 2010 2:21PM
SO what did you like and loathe about the NRL this year? What could be improved - or do you have something on your mind that you'd like an answer to?
No matter what it is, be it salary caps, players or clubs, NRL boss David Gallop is coming in to talk to league fans about the game and its future.

Gallop joins you for a live chat on Wednesday at 12.15pm. Follow the chat below

And i know Dan sorry for not putting this in submit  article yet

ask him when he is gonna say sorry to Brett

Post  automatically merged: [time]1288086638[/time]

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-open-fan-forum-chat-with-david-gallop/story-e6frexnr-1225943759434

Ask him when him, Carr and Love are going to leave the game.

This question was ask on the forum and this was the answer

[Comment From KneejerkKneejerk: ]
Have you apologised to Brett Stewart yet for your reactionary suspension of him on the basis of hearsay evidence that has since been disproved in court.

Reponse
David Gallop: Kneejerk, the court decision in relation to Brett Stewart did not address the issues that we dealt with him over.

Only question on stewart alllowed to pass through i see- funny that

Then what are the issues that they dealt with Brett if it wasn't related to the evidence produced in court?

tookey link said:
Then what are the issues that they dealt with Brett if it wasn't related to the evidence produced in court?

They allegedly suspended him for breaching the code of conduct at the launch party not for being drunk or being accused of sexual assault. Basically they are weasels who succumbed to media hype and wanted a get square because they felt Brett had embarrassed them and cost them money with respect to being the "face of the game". 

Farce. "Fan" questions to News Ltd SuperLeague lawyer, David Gallop, hosted and controlled by ... News Ltd.

So many Dorothy Dixers, so much avoidance of responses of substance, so little accountability, that it was as interesting as Parliament question time.

NRL (Newslimited Rugby League) promotions, brought to you by News Ltd.

So what did he get suspended for then if it had nothing to do with the case??

It was proved in court that he was in control and not 'drunk'.

In essence, Gallop single-handedly legitimised the phase "disgraced" to be continually added to the name Brett Stewart in the media - through his public fury at Stewart and his unprecedented extended suspension of him. In so doing he effectively damaged not just Stewart's reputation but the reputation of the game.  And now the evidence is out ... disgraced for exactly what?  

I understand that the witnesses for both defence and prosecution testified under oath Stewart was in control and not drunk at the function, and there were no witnesses testifying otherwise. And Gallop's suspension related solely to the function.

So did Gallop rely on mere heresay and rumour to criticise and suspend Stewart?  Or what EXACTLY did he rely on?

Where is the admission of overreaction?  Where is the apology? Where is accountability for Gallop?

Here are some extracts from an email I received from the NRL in response to me querying whether they would be apologising to Brett now that he had been found innocent.

"....At no stage did the NRL take action against Brett in relation to those matters that were the subject of police charges or the subsequent court case..........

....That said there were issues around the Manly pre-season function in 2009 that led the NRL to take action and the court case and the jury made no ruling into the events of that function.....

There have been a number of players since who were suspended in line with the same principles, just as there have been players whose matters have been determined, as were Brett’s,  by the legal system alone...."

That is their story and they are sticking to it. 

i want to know what he did to breach the code of conduct and bring the game into disrepute ? what did he do wrong ??????

Well what happen at the seaosn luanch then - from what I am aware his behaviour at the Manly Wharf bar was strongly review by the jury (inc. video footage) as this was the crutch of the crown case (ie he was drunk).

but he had witnesses that said he was in control the whole night ! so theoretically gallop is going on what he thinks happened

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2