NRL on Fox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff said:
Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
So beaver wasn't a one club man dsm?

DSM is clearly being facetious

I hope so. But this is a big issue for me. I tried raising a topic on it a while ago but disappointingly it didn't get much of a response. We need to embrace the Northern Eagles years as part of our club, if for one reason only and that is to give Beaver and Toovs the honour of being a one club player. Official stats for both guys are recognised as two seperate clubs and it needs to be fixed.

I'll have the best of both worlds on this.
Northern Eagles is not us. It was the Darth Vader to our Annikin. Evil & twisted. Built from the wreckage of Manly & Norths, but it was neither.

For the players however, they never left. The club changed around them as they stayed put and then it changed back. If you treat an NRL club as a franchise, Manly held the licence. Therefore, the Manly boys are one club players. It might be a bit more of a muddy issue if there are any Norths players whose one clubbedness was affected by the Beagles.
What duff said :)

Duff said:
Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
So beaver wasn't a one club man dsm?

DSM is clearly being facetious

I hope so. But this is a big issue for me. I tried raising a topic on it a while ago but disappointingly it didn't get much of a response. We need to embrace the Northern Eagles years as part of our club, if for one reason only and that is to give Beaver and Toovs the honour of being a one club player. Official stats for both guys are recognised as two seperate clubs and it needs to be fixed.

I'll have the best of both worlds on this.
Northern Eagles is not us. It was the Darth Vader to our Annikin. Evil & twisted. Built from the wreckage of Manly & Norths, but it was neither.

For the players however, they never left. The club changed around them as they stayed put and then it changed back. If you treat an NRL club as a franchise, Manly held the licence. Therefore, the Manly boys are one club players. It might be a bit more of a muddy issue if there are any Norths players whose one clubbedness was affected by the Beagles.

I don't think you can have it both ways. The club want to recognise Beaver & Toovs as a one club player but then they only celebrate Manlys 800th win but exclude wins under the NE banner.

I think is downright disgraceful that the Beaver and Toovs in particular aren't recognised in the official record books as one club players. Beaver has at least 4 players in the official record books as having played more games at one club then him. We should be outraged!

The Northern Eagles were like the old Holden Barina. It may have had a few different bits and pieces on it and a different badge (Norths), but underneath it all, it was still just a Suzuki Swift (Manly). :D

What about we supporters?
Did you follow the Northern Eagles? I did - what was the alternative?
Same with the players. Even those who came from Norths. They stuck with the only (merged) club they knew.
Don't the St George and the Illawarra players get credited with being one team players even if they play for the merged identity?

I didn't follow the Northern Eagles & only had a passing interest in the NRL while they were in the comp. If MWSE were to relocate again I wouldn't support them & I doubt that I would follow the NRL at all (given that my 'second' team, Balmain, were also merged - F Wests).

The players should still be recognized as one club players though. If I paint my house a different colour it's still my house & I still live there, even if that colour is chunder inducing.

Wolfpack said:
I didn't follow the Northern Eagles & only had a passing interest in the NRL while they were in the comp. If MWSE were to relocate again I wouldn't support them & I doubt that I would follow the NRL at all (given that my 'second' team, Balmain, were also merged - F Wests).

The players should still be recognized as one club players though. If I paint my house a different colour it's still my house & I still live there, even if that colour is chunder inducing.

what happens if they move half your house to another location though?
of give the land title to another person for a few years?

Daniel said:
Wolfpack said:

We didn't do that though, we rented half of the house to Norths.

For what it's worth I think all one club Manly/Norths players who played for NE were one club players despite the NE games.

When the Storm got caught cheating and had their premierships nullified, the players got to keep their medals, by NRL decree. They retrospectively separated the treatment of the players from the treatment of the club. Precedent set.

If the NRL can unilaterally decide to treat the cheaters as if the games were legitimate, then they can certainly decree that the Manly players' records aren't adversely affected in the Beagles period. A far smaller, and far more logical, step. The players simply did not change clubs.

And if I recall correctly, didn't David Gallop himself treat StG-I and StG as the one club when they won the GF?

Wolfpack said:
Daniel said:
Wolfpack said:

We didn't do that though, we rented half of the house to Norths.

For what it's worth I think all one club Manly/Norths players who played for NE were one club players despite the NE games.

That is not accurate at all.

We joined essentially we each owned half of a new house on the same property, so i can see the reasoning behind it. Totally not worth caring about though

Quite frankly I didn't follow the Northern Eagles. I was always a Manly supporter and was very disappointed when the 'merge' occurred (actually I considered it never happened). Gave the game away during that time. One team players? Does it matter? I guess it would be up to just who they were contracted to during that time. If Manly held the license (which I believe they did), then they would have Manly contracts and so played for Manly. If the licensee changed the name on the license, then they played for whatever they named the identity. It well maybe that they are two team players. Unfortunate, but who cares? They are both Manly greats, as is Des, Hill, BK, Spud, Cliffy and all the others who came and went (besides Ox, good, not great).

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I only ever went to one Northern Eagles match, it was at Gosford and I travelled up from Sydney with my son who's a Dog fan. NE led by about 30 but were run down near the end of the match. I didn't pay much attention at all to the league during that period.

I agree with those who distinguish between the situation for individual players versus the different club. Players didn't leave Manly, so they are cvertainly entitled to be considered one-club players. But Manly as we know it did not exist during that time, thankfully it does exist now. I doubt the players concerned are too worried about it, they know where their hearts always were.

ps son has avoided speaking to me this week :)

Doesn't all this talk about the northern eagles and being thankful for manly still being around make everyone feel as if they should be out there on Sat night rain hail or shine?

See you on the hill Saturday night....

I tried to follow the Northern Eagles but couldn't. Back to the show i hate how it's all about the cows not having Thurston. What about our missing guns? To me i don't think Thurston is as great as he is made out to be. Good player but not as good as the hype. He just walks onto the field and gets 3 dally m points.

I still followed the Northern Eagles. I cheered just as loudly for Beaver and Toovs because they were my heroes. If they had been forced to play for someone else during that time things might have been different.

Yes times were bad during those days but there was still enough of the Sea Eagles in it for me to still be interested. For those that claim they didn't support them, did they jump back on board when Manly got the licence back and we were still the northern Eagles or when we became Manly again?

To me its just a bad part of our history, but its still our history. Other clubs won wooden spoons and went decades without looking like winning anything. To me its we just wore a different uniform with a name change, just like teams like the Roosters and Dogs have done. We were always in control of the team and we still played games at Brookie. We shouldn't disown just because it was a jv with the Bears, when in actual reality other than a few players it was still manly run joint. I'm prepared to wear that embarrassment as a supporter (afterall I do cop it from some mates who still call us the Sea Bears) to give Beaver and Toovs the honour they deserve as all time legends of our club and the game.

I watched the last few games of the northern eagles,a ****ty footnote in history that could be easily erased if people didnt talk about it ad-nausiem

Makes me think they loved their beagles and look forward to their bears coming back,i watched them only when it was announced that the name would revert to the MIGHTY MANLY-WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES!!!

To the beagles,burn it down and salt the earth,its over

The Eagle said:
I watched the last few games of the northern eagles,a ****ty footnote in history that could be easily erased if people didnt talk about it ad-nausiem

Makes me think they loved their beagles and look forward to their bears coming back,i watched them only when it was announced that the name would revert to the MIGHTY MANLY-WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES!!!

To the beagles,burn it down and salt the earth,its over

Well theres a first. Something made you think.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2