NRL interchange:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
NRL interchange: Announcement reducing substitutions to eight in 2016 expected in coming days
2 HOURS AGO JULY 21, 2015 8:45AM

THE NRL will announce an overhaul of the interchange system for the 2016 season in the coming days, with the number of substitutions to be cut to eight.
The rule change require the approval of the ARL Commission and is expected to be ticked off over the next week and a half.
The NRL has wrapped up a review of the interchange rules and considered bringing down the number of rotations to as few as six. It will be the first change to the interchange rules since 2008, when the governing body reduced the number of replacements from 12 to 10.
The change is aimed at bringing the little man back into the game, making the game more exciting and reducing the number of injuries.
Canterbury’s man mountain Sam Kasiano could find the going tough under the proposed new i
Canterbury’s man mountain Sam Kasiano could find the going tough under the proposed new interchange laws. Source: Getty Images
Critics of modern rugby league argue that because of the increased aerobic capacity of players and the proliferation of wrestling techniques, the game has become too predictable.
The NRL sought to address the issue this year when it changed interpretations of the ruck aimed at speeding up the play the ball. By reducing the number of interchanges by two to eight, it is hoping to open up the game to smaller, faster players in the dying stages who could take advantage of tiring forwards.
The move has been welcomed by several NRL players, big and small alike.
Sydney Roosters prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves questioned whether the changes went far enough and encouraged the NRL to reduce it even further.
“I love it,” Waerea-Hargreaves said.
“They can take it down to six if they want.
“I’m really excited about the idea and it enables you to stay out on the field a little bit longer and play a bit more footy.” South Sydney hooker Issac Luke said it would change the role of dummy halves.
“I wish they’d done it a couple of years ago when I was fast,” Luke said.
“You’d see a lot more smaller dummy halves.
“The nippy ones are going to love it.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...d-in-coming-days/story-fndujljl-1227450398582

These new rules will screw teams like the dogs. Clubs will be looking for big players that can play long minutes. Player like Jake Turbo will thrive under the new rules.

Myles also plays long minutes.

80 minute backrowers are going to be in big demand and impact players will drop off into the wilderness Rose, Tamololo etc

I am for any rule that increases the chances of skill overcoming brawn, it is so boring to see a bench of 4 big boppers and it would be good to see more creative players given a chance and also reward the 80 minute forwards out there.

Our most successful teams had 80min backrowers and hooker. The only players that rotated were the props. This rule change will hopefully see the death of the 120kg second rowers and the return of the 90-100kg mobile forwards.

T-Red, Leary, Buhrer are three backrowers who can play 80 minutes. Jake Turbo and Myles are props who can play big minutes, along with Balin (if selected). So next season we may be a force with a fast and mobile pack. Here's hoping.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4