NRL in Las Vegas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With regards to your comment that 'anything' that grows something in your interests should be supported, I'm pretty sure this is what Hitler convinced Germans of. Without values, what have you got left? The gambling industry needs to be checked

The mental gymnastics it must have taken to link growing footy in the US to Hitler is truly outstanding. Well done.

It’s been happening for years now, and hasn’t !!

Believe it when I see it

Mark ... this is very different to 33 years go in '87 ...

The biggest differences are the key ones ... the ease of streaming and broadcast services ... and the proliferation and ease of betting options ... both are the NEW goals of the enterprise ..

The other key difference is V'Landy's ... he understands both the betting Industry and the Broadcast industry ... and will go into this venture with those 2 groups as active and enthusiastic allies ..

also the NRL has absolutely nil interest in getting either a local American comp going ... or getting people to attend games .... all they want is what Americans are good at .... sitting on their fat arsses in front of a telly/computer with their phone betting app in hand ...

and remember ... the entire product is already made and 100% paid for .... not one extra game has to be played, not one extra player paid, not one more ground hired etc etc .... Every dollar earned from broadcast or betting goes straight to the bottom line as value add .... same for Fox and any streaming mobs ..

It would be interesting to know how much the NRL earns from games broadcast in the UK and what the gambling royalties earned are ..

There are 350 million of the buggers ... just 1/3 of one percent of them would give a viewing audience of 1,000,000 people a week .. and with the viewer comes the casual punter .. a potential big earn for the NRL ... and well worth the attempt ..

Now all they have to do is keep any woke Marketing genius away from it ...

Mark ... this is very different to 33 years go in '87 ...

The biggest differences are the key ones ... the ease of streaming and broadcast services ... and the proliferation and ease of betting options ... both are the NEW goals of the enterprise ..

The other key difference is V'Landy's ... he understands both the betting Industry and the Broadcast industry ... and will go into this venture with those 2 groups as active and enthusiastic allies ..

also the NRL has absolutely nil interest in getting either a local American comp going ... or getting people to attend games .... all they want is what Americans are good at .... sitting on their fat arsses in front of a telly/computer with their phone betting app in hand ...

and remember ... the entire product is already made and 100% paid for .... not one extra game has to be played, not one extra player paid, not one more ground hired etc etc .... Every dollar earned from broadcast or betting goes straight to the bottom line as value add .... same for Fox and any streaming mobs ..

It would be interesting to know how much the NRL earns from games broadcast in the UK and what the gambling royalties earned are ..

There are 350 million of the buggers ... just 1/3 of one percent of them would give a viewing audience of 1,000,000 people a week .. and with the viewer comes the casual punter .. a potential big earn for the NRL ... and well worth the attempt ..

Now all they have to do is keep any woke Marketing genius away from it ...
But as I say a minimum ( and it’s probably way more ) of $2 million just to get the teams there and accommodate them.

Unless there’s a big sponsor I still can’t see it happen , BUT, you make good points.

The mental gymnastics it must have taken to link growing footy in the US to Hitler is truly outstanding. Well done.
The nazis supported rugby union. Particularly in Vichy France, where they confiscated rugby league grounds and gave them to the rah rahs.

If the game is played in Vegas the crowd will be 100% Aussies on holiday, package deals. It will be a money spinner for the travel industry.

But as I say a minimum ( and it’s probably way more ) of $2 million just to get the teams there and accommodate them.

Unless there’s a big sponsor I still can’t see it happen , BUT, you make good points.

Chump change in the scheme of things ...

One of games do little or nothing apart from novelty value (especially if the desired outcome is gambling revenue?)

I would love to see a long term strategy to grow the game but would not think that is the role of the nrl

One of games do little or nothing apart from novelty value (especially if the desired outcome is gambling revenue?)

I would love to see a long term strategy to grow the game but would not think that is the role of the nrl

I guess we haven't even "conquered" Australia yet! But yeah I suppose it's all $$$ these days

Growing the game is not the object ... creating a new broader market and income stream from their existing game is. ... and it will be almost all bottom line profit...

With the other 2 allies, betting and fox, also eyeing additional income from work already done .. this campaign will be ongoing.

Penn and others may wish to develop a north American comp .. but the NRL doesn't have a vested interest in that..

I hope Viva Vaega Las Vegas the Manly Virile eruptive Volcano makes the trip to America

And if Ray can make there
He will make it any where
Its up to you Ray Tuaimalo Vaega
Its up to you
image.axd

I hope Viva Vaega Las Vegas the Manly Virile eruptive Volcano makes the trip to America

And if Ray can make there
He will make it any where
Its up to you Ray Tuaimalo Vaega
Its up to you
image.axd

PBSBBR180_fa7b8d33-f308-4518-a05c-c84cbc577fd2_540x.png

They love their Sweet Baby Ray brown sugar 💪🏾

Growing the game is not the object ... creating a new broader market and income stream from their existing game is. ... and it will be almost all bottom line profit...

With the other 2 allies, betting and fox, also eyeing additional income from work already done .. this campaign will be ongoing.

Penn and others may wish to develop a north American comp .. but the NRL doesn't have a vested interest in that..
Exactly the reason I am not a fan of it

Talk about a game in the US....check

Bears talk about relocation to somewhere....check

Ridiculously enforced crackdown that no-one understands......check

Player movements years before their current contract runs out.....check

I've almost filled out my NRL Bingo card for 2023, and it's not even May yet !!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4