NRL going to rotate clubs for Vegas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
It's disappointing to hear from Abdo that there will be four new clubs playing in Vegas next year.
Why is the NRL rewarding other clubs, most of whom declined to be considered this season, when the four pioneering clubs took the risk to make the concept a success? It took a leap of faith for the four pioneers to upend their season for the betterment of the sport.
I was thinking of going next season presuming the four teams would remain the same. I had presumed that Easts would play South, a traditional rivalry, and we would play Brisbane. Now we'll get non deserving clubs jumping on the bandwagon. It smacks of disloyalty by the NRL to me.

I thought the original plan was to play every club over a 5 year period.

Yeah and that sounds the fairest way.

I think you will find a triple header will be played some years, meaning some teams will get a couple of cracks at playing over there.

Yeah and that sounds the fairest way.

I think you will find a triple header will be played some years, meaning some teams will get a couple of cracks at playing over there.

I've also heard some ideas floated around playing the World Club Challenge on the same weekend....this would appeal to the tourism side even more.

The possibilities are pretty endless if PVL wants to keep selling it.

And I would be most supportive of Manly double dipping in Las Vegas, if that was an option in the future, as much as I loved the yearly Mudgee trek.

I've also heard some ideas floated around playing the World Club Challenge on the same weekend....this would appeal to the tourism side even more.

The possibilities are pretty endless if PVL wants to keep selling it.

And I would be most supportive of Manly double dipping in Las Vegas, if that was an option in the future, as much as I loved the yearly Mudgee trek.
WCC and NRLW match on the Friday night then NRL double header on the Sat night.

Premiers get the bye round 1

It's disappointing to hear from Abdo that there will be four new clubs playing in Vegas next year.
Why is the NRL rewarding other clubs, most of whom declined to be considered this season, when the four pioneering clubs took the risk to make the concept a success? It took a leap of faith for the four pioneers to upend their season for the betterment of the sport.
I was thinking of going next season presuming the four teams would remain the same. I had presumed that Easts would play South, a traditional rivalry, and we would play Brisbane. Now we'll get non deserving clubs jumping on the bandwagon. It smacks of disloyalty by the NRL to me.

Not sure why you are complaining .

We will be playing the world club challenge next year 🤩

It's fair that the all the clubs get a go over the 5 years.

They mentioned on the news that teams would have to show how they can help grow the game as part of the selection process. I wonder what the criteria is going to be. Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in some of the pitches to the nrl

Not sure why you are complaining .

We will be playing the world club challenge next year 🤩

It's fair that the all the clubs get a go over the 5 years.
Many clubs ruled out supporting the Vegas concept. Now that it has been an overwhelming success they want in. That's what I think is unfair.
The four pioneering clubs should be given the first rights of refusal for the following season. They took the risk for the betterment of the sport and should be the first to reap the rewards.

The Raiders would be another good choice, noting that LV is now home to the former Oakland Raiders.

They could exploit certain synergies there.

Scott Penn has been trying to get the NRL and manly interested in the USA market for years and everyone laughed at him.

I agree manly should be rewarded for being the pioneer

We don’t get Anzac round or the Good Friday game or the roosters / bunnies book of feuds but we should be rewarded with the Las Vegas game since helped define the concept.
Scott Penn, meet Al Guido:

Post in thread 'Will these two matches impress the yanks?'
Will these two matches impress the yanks?

Personally, I think it’s an imposition on clubs and I would prefer Manly not be a part of it. I’m glad we won but the travel and the logistics are disruptive. I am concerned about emotional and/or physical fallout in the opening month of the competition. I like that we play the other teams that travelled over to even the playing field somewhat, but it worries me.

The Raiders would be another good choice, noting that LV is now home to the former Oakland Raiders.

They could exploit certain synergies there.
Only issue is that aren't the most atteactive team atm.

Maybe in 3-4 years when Stewart, Strange, Kaeo maybe mature

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8