NRL ( Financial Woes)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if the NSW Government is so keen now on wasting $750-M rebuilding Alliance Stadium and putting a roof on the white elephant ANZ Stadium?

I wonder if Brookie will lose it's govt funding now?

#shouldabeenbuiltalready

It must be a friggen tragedy for those businesses that were effected by the bush-fires, then floods, and now this.

I dunno if any small business (legal) could survive that triple hit.

Many will go to the wall, in fact not just many, possibly an awful lot.

If this goes 6 months our country could be a very different place at the end of it.

In times of crisis you get to see how the game is really run and if the game is bust then those at the top must be accountable! There is no excuse with TV dollars and sponsorship in the game at record levels that we could go belly up.

Might not be such a bad thing if we get to revert to a Sydney comp and see our teams play every week and maybe 3 games too, just saying!

Well Greenburg how does the 15k-20k ring and all the other largess you wasted on grub Smith look now?
How about all the 1st class travel ,limo's and "study" tours for you and all the other gravy trainers you have surrounded yourself with ,stack up under current events ? .What about the ballooning bureaucracy and accompanying payroll at the NRL ?
Never have I seen someone look so irrelevant yet so culpable as you did on Sunday .

Just an incompetent disgrace ,hang your head in shame you have bled the game for all you could get and for all your pets and pet projects ,yet left nothing in the tin for when the music stops .

On the weekend I thought that this crisis might be your unworthy savior .But the more I think about it the more i think it should be the catalyst that releases the sword of Damocles that finally puts a full stop to your disgraceful tenure

There is nothing in the bank you have blown the lot on shiny beads and baubles that have bedazzled you and your myopic view of the world , while simultaneously running the game into the ground .The irony for me was that you trumpeted your No fault stand down rule as the reason for the 30 M surplus out of the 2 Billion or so broadcast package.You impostor !!! ,how did you possibly think anyone would swallow that,and I am guessing that's one of the many reasons why Vlandys has your scrawny neck on the chopping block ,he knows and can see thru you .He is looking you in your beady black eyes this time and he can see the lights on, just , but there is an abyss where there should be some original thought and some fiduciary responsibility .

Anyway lets hope RL survives this , and if it does it will truly be in spite of you Greenburg not because of you .

Sack Greenburg now
Highflier, great post and spot on. The waffling, duplicitous, slimy Greenturd must go.

I wonder if the NSW Government is so keen now on wasting $750-M rebuilding Alliance Stadium and putting a roof on the white elephant ANZ Stadium?

Don't forget the LED curtain to simulate a bigger crowd at Roosters home games.

They might need one to cover the whole stadium now, with 500+ gatherings banned.

I was in business for 38 years and was lucky enough to employ a very savvy accountant very early in my career.

He gave me two very good pieces of advice quite early in the piece.

1) start investing in superannuation ( almost unheard of in the 70’s at the time) you’ll be thankful you did when you retire.

2) start putting away 10% of your business profits each year and do not touch them unless you have a disaster.

In 1989 that disaster arrived , the 9 month long pilot strike ( in those days 80% of our income was domestic travel ).

Due to that war chest I survived , my staff remained employed and my business was able to prosper once again.

Fast forward to 2020.

What the **** have the NRL been doing for 20 years that brings them to the point that if we don’t play games for two months, the game AND our clubs fall over!!

It’s not just Greenturd ( although he’d a part of it ) it’s everyone from day 1!!!

If we survive this things must and have to change!!
Amen!

Good because I read Scott Penn is crying poor and could do with a donation.
He knows his weight loss business will be in dire straights. Few will be able to afford to eat much.

Ive always treated our family as a small business even though we have been mostly employees. We plan our yearin january, have a number of budget accounts. I pass my cost on when sell my house, and **** on ebay.

I look to spread my costs between business and pleasure.

I always keep stores of food and meds, and a stocked bar.

I honestly hope the code collapses and goes near broke.
We need to start again and build the game correctly, TV networks have too much control and have taken the game away from the fans.
We have lost sight of the fact that Rugby League is a sport and pastime, tribalism is almost dead and I see the club's all turning into franchises in the near future.
Start again from scratch, no more million$$ players it's beyond a joke the money some of the players are getting payed these days.
Players should concentrate on careers first and rugby league second, the majority carry on like spoilt petulant children instead of grown men.

I wonder if Brookie will lose it's govt funding now?

#shouldabeenbuiltalready

Which raises the issue of the State and Federal Gov'ts throwing money around to save the day ..... don't the numbnuts realise that without sport and sports betting income ..... they are doomed ...

Who's thinking of bet 365 for goodness sake !!!

Agreed @Mark from Brisbane , i feel like the NRL has actually made no progress since 2012. At the very least, investment in juniors and grassroots could have had an impact such that numbers of players across all age group would be up amd the games future much stronger, but no, the board has probably wasted close to a billion dollars frivolously. To now go cap in hand is a disgrace.

This health disaster has highlighted the vulnerable financial position of the NRL which is a product of poor planning and mismanagement. Lets hope the lessons are learned if the game in fact survives.

I don't like what the game has become. Yes I do like being able to watch it live on the TV but I hate the price we are paying for that privilege. The promotion of gambling is now permitted to infect our viewers so much so that there is an overexposure of gambling adds and the social implication with child viewers is immeasurable. It wasn't so long ago that the NRL decided it didn't want to allow alcohol companies to gain exposure through the game and the response by broadcasters has been to allow Gambling to saturate our viewing experience with constant adds. The scheduling of games appears to be a product of broadcaster preference such as Brisbane every Friday night. The game has become a boring grind athon at times with interchanges that take fatigue out of the contest resulting in consistently set defence lines and very little second phases play and the majority of tries come from kicks. Many blame the coaches but they are wrong. Human nature is to adopt to the environment and get whatever advantage you cam from it. The blame lies with those responsible for shaping that environment.

Which raises the issue of the State and Federal Gov'ts throwing money around to save the day ..... don't the numbnuts realise that without sport and sports betting income ..... they are doomed ...

Who's thinking of bet 365 for goodness sake !!!
This health disaster has highlighted the vulnerable financial position of the NRL which is a product of poor planning and mismanagement. Lets hope the lessons are learned if the game in fact survives.

I don't like what the game has become. Yes I do like being able to watch it live on the TV but I hate the price we are paying for that privilege. The promotion of gambling is now permitted to infect our viewers so much so that there is an overexposure of gambling adds and the social implication with child viewers is immeasurable. It wasn't so long ago that the NRL decided it didn't want to allow alcohol companies to gain exposure through the game and the response by broadcasters has been to allow Gambling to saturate our viewing experience with constant adds. The scheduling of games appears to be a product of broadcaster preference such as Brisbane every Friday night. The game has become a boring grind athon at times with interchanges that take fatigue out of the contest resulting in consistently set defence lines and very little second phases play and the majority of tries come from kicks. Many blame the coaches but they are wrong. Human nature is to adopt to the environment and get whatever advantage you cam from it. The blame lies with those responsible for shaping that environment.

It's interesting that the article in some paper today shows that so many of the strong clubs are so due to the influx of pokie money.

It's interesting that the article in some paper today shows that so many of the strong clubs are so due to the influx of pokie money.
Article was a bit stupid. Teams that are backed by big clubs are all good apparently but no mention of the hit the clubs will be taking while this goes on. Most will have to scale back dramatically and will be eating into their cash reserves. Then on top of that propping up an NRL team.

Still think the Sharks or Titans are the first to fall. Penn family will kick in the money, then look to bail when it corrects.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4