NRL blocks Daley/Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daley has more passion doing what he is doing and he will keep doing that until he is motivated by a more passionate venture .

The moral of the story is
Do it with passion or not at all .

This all seems reasonable to me ... can't have a bloke who earns his main bread from a betting agency on a clubs coaching staff ...

Daley is still hoping head office will reconsider its stance and is seeking a meeting with V’landys and NRL CEO Andrew Abdo to plead his case. The legendary former Canberra playmaker has been allowed to hold the role of the Indigenous All Stars coach up until last year, but NRL rules preclude registered participants from having ties with betting operators at club level.

“The NRL has advised Laurie Daley that he cannot be permitted to accept a role as a club official with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles while he engages in other employment with a wagering operator,” an NRL spokesperson told the Herald.

“The NRL Code of Conduct prohibits all players, club officials, match officials and administrators from being sponsored, employed, contracted, engaged or otherwise commercially involved in any way with a gambling operator.”

It’s not the first time the NRL has blocked Daley from taking up a club role. The Wests Tigers had tried to recruit Daley to then-coach Michael Maguire’s staff in 2019, only for the head office to determine that his other job, as co-host of Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast, could create a potential conflict of interest.

Sky Sports Radio is owned by Tabcorp and Daley provides rugby league tips on one of the segments.

oh now I understand. I was wondering why since betting companies pay for teams (sponsorship). In Daly's case he is making recommendations on how and who to bet on. Fair enough.

Love the hypocrisy quite ok to have points bet as our main sponsor. Anyway move on not sure how many staff we need. Must have some new chairs in the house these days for the coaching staff.
No hypocrisy at all.It’s tantamount to insider trading.This is the NRL’s statement-
“The NRL Code of Conduct prohibits all players, club officials, match officials and administrators from being sponsored, employed, contracted, engaged or otherwise commercially involved in any way with a gambling operator.”
Sky Sports Radio is owned by Tabcorp and Daley provides rugby league tips on one of the segments.
PointsBet just provide sponsorship,there’s no one from that company that works for Manly

Love the hypocrisy quite ok to have points bet as our main sponsor. Anyway move on not sure how many staff we need. Must have some new chairs in the house these days for the coaching staff.
The club found some missing backyard furniture at a garage sale in Bankstown @Mac Man

Would have liked the Snout involved, as has close contact with many high profile players and apart from having positive effect on a few key players, may have given the side more profile to influence talent to "want" to join Manly in the future.
As for not letting him due to his involvement with a betting agency, I reckon it's not only the right decision, but the only decision in this situation, regardless of the double standards the NRL has allowed for Melbourne Storm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4