NRL and Bon Jovi team up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jonesyv2 link said:
See the NRL sure knows how to pander to the bogan supporter of the NRL!
They tried the Thomas Keneally bit and that was the biggest flop of them all. League is for bogans and played by bogans. The non-bogans play and love yawnion.

There is no way the NRL would promote the head butt by Hayne and Slater and the fact that the Storm cheated the NRL and walked out unified and thanking their fans. The fight between Marshall and the Titans or Knights and Dragons. This is most definitely something somebody has come uo with outside of the NRL. If I am wrong then I do hope the NRL edit the promo.

That song is one big yawn. Our house? Madness's version leaves that for dead and how old is that? Feeling extra sleepy now.

clontaago link said:
Get a Prodigy song as backing music and just show the biggest hits and best trys you can find.

Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People
Or Prodigy - Breath
Korn - Got the life

lismore_fan link said:
... and I thought I'd see David Gallop giving a public apology to Brett Stewart

When I heard they had signed Bon Jovi I thought they were going to use "No apologies" as the theme of the NRL.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297306511[/time]

clontaago link said:
Get a Prodigy song as backing music and just show the biggest hits and best trys you can find.

Didn't Super League do this in 1997?

Bon jovi was the NRL's second choice after Justin Bieber declined. Seriously though , I have always thought Jimmy Barnes' "There Ain't No Second Prize" would make a great promo song for the NRL. At least he is an Aussue.

I personally would love to hear AC DC "thunderstruck" , that IMO would be a good promo song in addition to showing big hits, tries ect

What a snooze. Is this the best the NRL can come up with?

To think they could have used a tried and true, proven performer - Eagle Rock.

They fristly could have had someone and something Australian as it is the NRL of Australia.

They could have also picked a group that the younger generation would know and like and listen to already. MY kids have never heard teh song nor do they like Bon Jovi

They could have picked a decent song...that one is cr@p.

A big waste of money from me Mr Gallop.

All depends on who their target market is (i.e. back in the early Tina days with the what you can see campaign it was women...therefore shots of a smoldering cliffy....)

At a quick glance i am not sure who the target is - it should become apparent once the tvc's are aired

Frogz link said:
They fristly could have had someone and something Australian as it is the NRL of Australia.

They could have also picked a group that the younger generation would know and like and listen to already. MY kids have never heard teh song nor do they like Bon Jovi

Tina Turner is not Australian. Neither was Chumbawumba who did Tubthumping.

Fonz link said:
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=186398.msg314906#msg314906 date=1297316884]

Tina Turner is not Australian. Neither was Chumbawumba who did Tubthumping.
[/quote]
Good and fair point....Jimmy barnes was.....The song is still cr@p

I can't ever recall seeing an ad campaign for any sport that wasn't cringe-worthy. This will probably be no different.

The Tina Turner thing was awful. I can't believe so many look back on it as the benchmark. It was as awkward as Oprah in a Rabbitohs hat with sh1te 80's pop music to go with it.

Anything that becomes classic is timeless. Most sports campaigns already look dated upon release.

Duff link said:
I can't ever recall seeing an ad campaign for any sport that wasn't cringe-worthy. This will probably be no different.
Well if they are all crap anyway, they might have saved some money if they just got Lowe, I've heard he can sing a bit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6