NRL 2023 Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One team to have a bye each week, just how is that going to be fair. What use is it having a bye in the first couple of months of the comp. What’s the betting we will be allocated one of the earliest byes and the nrl favourite clubs get the best timed byes

Last edited:
I hate bye rounds… so not overly keen on each team getting 3.. but that’s just me.

I also hate the rule origin players can’t back up… for a team like manly that has been struggling, losing our best players before and after origin has the potential to scuttle any slim finals chances we get… that’s potentially losing 6 games around origin unless we get lucky and play another team smashed by this stupid rule

I also hate the rule origin players can’t back up… for a team like manly that has been struggling, losing our best players before and after origin has the potential to scuttle any slim finals chances we get… that’s potentially losing 6 games around origin unless we get lucky and play another team smashed by this stupid rule

Completely agree. This is a dumb rule. Don't know why the players association is pushing for this when it really only affects around 34 of the 510 odd players. They're also the best of the best, so surely they have no issues backing up. If they do, then let the coaches make the decision.

Completely agree. This is a dumb rule. Don't know why the players association is pushing for this when it really only affects around 34 of the 510 odd players. They're also the best of the best, so surely they have no issues backing up. If they do, then let the coaches make the decision.
It’s just really really stupid…
If they are that concerned about the player welfare, maybe they should just scrap origin itself…I’m only guessing here, but I recon more players got busted up and injured during the 3 origin games then the players backing up did… but oh wait… money … money is more important .. I forgot

It’s just really really stupid…
If they are that concerned about the player welfare, maybe they should just scrap origin itself…I’m only guessing here, but I recon more players got busted up and injured during the 3 origin games then the players backing up did… but oh wait… money … money is more important .. I forgot
Or at the very least, play origin on the weekend when they players would normally be stood down from club games, have no games the following Thursday and Friday, then players aren't backing up,are right to go the next weekend like normal.

Ohhhh that's right $$$$$.

Curious to know whose getting the bye during Magic Round.
I hope it's us, and that we insist on playing the Broncos at Brookie for a change.
When there has been a decent match at Brookie this season Manly supporters have turned up in 'large' numbers, so the Penns must be doing OK from gate and membership revenues.
And while on crowds: it seems illogical that the club announces a "sell out" and yet only 17,000+ people turned up. There was certainly space for another couple of thousand. How can the club know how many members will turn up?
As an older fan who was a part of the 27,000-odd people who crammed into Brookie during the 1980s it is crazy that the oval's 'capacity' is some 10,000 spectators less these days.

I hope it's us, and that we insist on playing the Broncos at Brookie for a change.
When there has been a decent match at Brookie this season Manly supporters have turned up in 'large' numbers, so the Penns must be doing OK from gate and membership revenues.
And while on crowds: it seems illogical that the club announces a "sell out" and yet only 17,000+ people turned up. There was certainly space for another couple of thousand. How can the club know how many members will turn up?
As an older fan who was a part of the 27,000-odd people who crammed into Brookie several times during the 1970s it is crazy that the oval's 'capacity' is some 10,000 spectators less these days.
Remember they’ve got their money from the ticketed members anyway so it probably doesn’t worry them!!

Yes I was there that record day v the Eels, sitting next to my best mate Eels supporter ( we came down from Moree where we both lived at the time ).

Bloody Parramatta, they won that day too !!

Yes I was there that record day v the Eels, sitting next to my best mate Eels supporter ( we came down from Moree where we both lived at the time ).

Because you were there. You are a mock. Stay away!;)

Now I know why I witnessed a loss from the heights of the late Hasbeen Hill.

On a positive note, Faecalmatta have won nothing of note since.

Remember they’ve got their money from the ticketed members anyway so it probably doesn’t worry them!!

I'd forgotten the result. Not sufficient time has passed to be reminded of it. Thanks Mark.
There were a couple of huge crowds in the 70's also. One I remember was against Balmain when Blocker patted the ref on the head. I'm pretty sure we won that day.
But my query involves the capacity of the current Brookie. Surely it is at least 20,000.
The last time I remember being in a 20,000 crowd at Brookie was a finals match with St George which we won handsomely. I remember Mark Gasnier scored for them, yet I can't recall our try scorers.

I'd forgotten the result. Not sufficient time has passed to be reminded of it. Thanks Mark.
There were a couple of huge crowds in the 70's also. One I remember was against Balmain when Blocker patted the ref on the head. I'm pretty sure we won that day.
But my query involves the capacity of the current Brookie. Surely it is at least 20,000.
The last time I remember being in a 20,000 crowd at Brookie was a finals match with St George which we won handsomely. I remember Mark Gasnier scored for them, yet I can't recall our try scorers.
We had a home semi v South’s , was that 2007 or 2008 , I was there that night pretty sure it was over 20,000.

Beaver got our first, headbutting the ball and crawling on all fours. Brought the house down.

Top 10 Attendances​

YearRoundDateResultAttendance
19862631 AugustParramatta Eels def. Manly 22–627,655
19942228 AugustCanberra Raiders def. Manly 21–1826,168
19761130 MayManly def. Balmain Tigers 14–025,876
1995114 JuneManly def. Brisbane Broncos 23–425,549
19871324 MayManly def. Balmain Tigers 48–1425,448
19931618 JulyManly def. North Sydney Bears 26–1024,381
1983101 MayParramatta Eels def. Manly 24–624,156
1982194 JulyManly def. Parramatta Eels 31–1424,031
1978126 MarchManly def. St George Dragons 19–523,168
19901615 JulyManly def. Balmain Tigers 24–1023,102