Now We Must Take Action!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyfan76 said:
tookey said:
Fro said:
Please dont tell me how i MUST spend my own money...

Please spell don't and I properly :D

And yes I am a member of the football and leagues clubs

Please do not start your sentence with the word and.

If its good enough for Thomas Keneally and Stephen King that will do me.

Our old English teacher always said that rule was a load of rubbish.

bob dylan said:
manlyfan76 said:
tookey said:
Fro said:

And I agree with Bob and his school teacher

It's a forum about Manly and things League,not a senior lecture in English at some Uni.If you corrected him,you understood it.Weir trieing too gett a mesage acros,not holed a speling be.

Are you sure by ticking that option we are voting members eventually?? I have done it the past 2 years and other than getting my card have heard nothing else. I was under the impression all it did was get me into the Leagues club without having to sign in..Would love to know for sure and certain just what I have signed up for. Any info would be lovely.

If you received a card, you are a member.

Ironic that a group that wants to keep people pouring millions into a club accountable, provides nothing and does nothing (with little or no accountability), except when there is a furore. Then they go into overdrive on the PR.

I am sure that the Football Club reps here could suggest that regular feedback to members could and would be a good idea. I am not suggesting confidential stuff but just a report to what is going on and what they are doing.

Tareeeagle said:
Are you sure by ticking that option we are voting members eventually?? I have done it the past 2 years and other than getting my card have heard nothing else. I was under the impression all it did was get me into the Leagues club without having to sign in..Would love to know for sure and certain just what I have signed up for. Any info would be lovely.

Ticking the upgrade option does give you membership to both the Leagues Club & Football Club. By doing this for 3 years you should have voting rights.

As far as I'm aware the FC does not send out too many communications pieces to their members, @[vidmar] may be able to help with this question though?

Go Manly!

Larissa

Edit: just added the brackets to Vid's name to bring the thread post to his attention.

tookey said:
bob dylan said:
manlyfan76 said:
tookey said:
Fro said:

And I agree with Bob and his school teacher

And i am just laughing :)

Jono said:
Great Post. Also remember, the more members we have per year of the Football Club, the more money we have to start trying to buy shares back at the Sea Eagles. Before I die I'd like to see the FC/LC own 50% of the club at least.
Have you discovered the elixir of eternal life?

The Whole Truth said:
'And' is ok imo because the forum is conversational rather than a series of essays. :)

Truth be known, the old adage of never starting a sentence with 'and' is false. 'And' is perfectly acceptable in all English grammar and punctuation books. Using 'and' for the beginning word of a sentence was condemned by primary school teachers from years gone by to help teach the students use another way of expressing themselves.
Also, the word 'but' is perfectly acceptable to begin a sentence with. But ancient teaching, not based on anything but preference, also frowned upon it.

Larissa said:
As far as I'm aware the FC does not send out too many communications pieces to their members, @vidmar may be able to help with this question though?

The only communication we get is Bob Reilly spin whenever the media attention on his meddling gets too hot. Whenever I get his poison prose I know all he'll is about to break loose, like in Grand Final week this year.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7