Now that Hoppa has made his decision who do we keep?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: What should Manly do now (yet another Hoppa).....

Tough decision for Des...If we are thinking of keeping Wolfman next year, youd have to think Des would pick him so we can see what he is worth $$$$ wise. But i also cant see him dropping Hoppa as he is always loyal.

RE: Moving on

The "Uncle Norman's" hey.

Lyon leaves when Hoppa returns.

No problem.

Hoppa should stay in first grade but we may yet still have to make a decision either way on Wolfman or Robbo for 2012 and beyond. Wolfman probably needs to play so he can show he can do it without breaking down.

Daniel said:
Wolfpack said:
Dude, how many threads do we need centered around the Hoppa issue. Can they be merged?

As far as I see it we should let Williams go, we have Oldfield & Whare waiting in the wings. They'll command a lot less coin than Williams & can do the job he does for us.
A slight loss in terms of talent at least until Oldfield adjusts fully to FG. We've seen the best that Williams can play, let's see Oldfield have a crack now, let some other team break the bank on Davey.

my guess is it will be around 28 - 35 threads going on past history

To be honest I'm not sure why people can get so upset about multiple threads on a single topic. I mean if your life is such that, thats the worst thing that happens to you in a day then perhaps you should be grateful and just read them all anyway?

This news does open up a door for Farrar to walk back through. A few weeks ago i said it wouldn't happen. Hoppa might not get the chance to come back in 2 years. Alot can change in that time. Jamil might be the next superstar and keep him out of a spot. Wouldn't that be one for the books!

I'd like to say keep hoppa in. But, really we need to use Wolfman and the Oldman to see what options we have for next year. I realise Hoppa has been a gun at the back but i'm confident Wolf or oldfield can do the job on the wing. Assuming also if Farrah comes back. That would mean we would have a good back up full back, winger and centre. Back up centre = Whare.

With all the talk of offloading players, surely Whare is the first one to go?

Duff said:
With all the talk of offloading players, surely Whare is the first one to go?

Letting go of Whare would be a pretty f***tarded thing to do right now with Hoppa leaving at the end of year.

Quality depth is important.

At the start of the year Hoppa wasnt in the mix, and we werent talking about him. Next year i would like to see soem young talent exposed in the backline and unfortunately i believe it should be Robbo to go, love the bloke but time moves on. Imagine 1.Stewart 2.Oldfield 3.Lyon
4.Matai 5.Wolfman 14. Farrar

I'm not concerned with the wing spots, we seem to have them well covered. It's the fullback spot that concerns me as I refuse to believe from what I have seen that Brett Stewart will ever be even half as good as what he once was. That's if he is even fit enough to play. I don't buy the hamstring stories, I think his knees are shot. I hope I'm wrong because he is my favourite player, but he looks to be in a fair amount of discomfort just walking let alone running.

I'd be fine with having Farrar back. Could be a good value buy?

I can't believe I'm actually reading people say we should drop Hopoate simply because he's not playing for us next year.

That is totally hilarious.

Absolutely keep Hoppa in. He hasn't signed with a rival club.

Why would the club look to having Farrah back? He was ordinary. Hoppa to play this year and Oldfield or Wolfie next. All good.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4