Now that Hoppa has made his decision who do we keep?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Moving on

We dont want to be in a position where we lose Wolfman now, we need to keep him but on a down graded contract, and honestly dont see that happening. What do we do now ?

RE: Moving on

I rather keep Oldfield then Wolfman, Wolfie is way too injury prone. Piss Wolfman off and spend Hoppa's cash on a young prop.

Oldfield is contracted until the end of next year anyway

The Williams boys will probably go.
So here's what I would do :
Ben Farrar only signed on for a year at Catalan (pick him up)from memory
Pick up a prop as well.

Fact is Brett needs to get fit enough to be able to run 80 mins without having to sit out on the wing, we dont have that leisure of being able to push hoppa to fullback now, so now we need to bring our best wingers to the table. I believe Robbo is getting a tat old therefore bring in Oldfield and Wolfman ?

Dude, how many threads do we need centered around the Hoppa issue. Can they be merged?

As far as I see it we should let Williams go, we have Oldfield & Whare waiting in the wings. They'll command a lot less coin than Williams & can do the job he does for us.
A slight loss in terms of talent at least until Oldfield adjusts fully to FG. We've seen the best that Williams can play, let's see Oldfield have a crack now, let some other team break the bank on Davey.

disappointing not to have hoppa as a footballer but really refreshing to see a young man make such an unselfish decision.

on ya hoppa

I applaud you

Wolfpack said:
Dude, how many threads do we need centered around the Hoppa issue. Can they be merged?

As far as I see it we should let Williams go, we have Oldfield & Whare waiting in the wings. They'll command a lot less coin than Williams & can do the job he does for us.
A slight loss in terms of talent at least until Oldfield adjusts fully to FG. We've seen the best that Williams can play, let's see Oldfield have a crack now, let some other team break the bank on Davey.

my guess is it will be around 28 - 35 threads going on past history

this is not a thread about hopoates decision, this is a thread with what opportunities we have that will benefit us in 2012.

eagles2win said:
An option could be Kevin Locke (don't think the Warriors have resigned him yet)

re-signed him...resigned means he has resigned his position and will be leaving. This is the only spelling Nazi thing I do because it seriously irks me

eagles2win said:
Copa Eagle said:
we dont need to buy a winger we need to sort out what we have in our own ranks !

He's a utility back i.e has played in the halves, wing and fullback

I'd rather Farrar back personally. Locke will want more money & the chance to start the majority of the time, we probably wont be able to give him those things.

Farrar wants to come back, knows the team & has played well in our system before. He doesn't seem like the kind of bloke that would be put off by having to play reserve grade half the time either. Perfect bloke to come in & fill the void IMO.

The other option is to bring no one in, except maybe some young talent for NSW cup or the NYC team. Oldfield has been playing fullback recently & I remember him being at the back quite a bit for the NYC boys. He can play centers as well so maybe he is the answer to our utilty back issues? Whare is additional cover for the centers & wing if Oldfield has to move to FB in case of injury.

(2012) With Robbog gone, if he goes = (
1.Stewart
2.Oldfield
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Wolfman

Whare to back up any injuries.

What should Manly do now (yet another Hoppa).....

Retain Hoppa in the side and keep a winning formula.

Or build for the future and bring in Oldfield ?

RE: What should Manly do now (yet another Hoppa).....

Oldfield & Robbo on the wings. Roosters or Parra to get a new trauma ward patient.

Hoppa to defo stay in the team for this year though, we are getting him back in two years after all.

RE: What should Manly do now (yet another Hoppa).....

The future is the 2011 grand final so i'd say keep Hoppa and the winning combo.
Build for the future ala Oldfield can be during injuries and preseason

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6