NOW HAND PICK YOUR 2nd Squad .. is it better than the firsts ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Awesome team with a lethal back line
Do you rate Bella ahead of Kite ?
I need to apologise Bozo - done this fairly quickly and overlooked Gillespie who would add the rock like presence of Bella, with extra intimidation and big defensive upbeat off the bench - my bad....this now is my FINAL team selection !!

That team could beat the 1st one.
The Incomparable Immortal would win it for the 1st team feathered friend
20210121_132329.jpg

Game plan ...
The forwards to beat them up and the backs to finish them off and put them out of their misery

1 - Brett Stewart

2 - Dale Shearer
3 - Michael O'Connor
4 - Steve Matai
5 - Tom Turbo

6 - Alan Thompson
7 - DCE

8 - John elbow to the jaw Harvey
9 - The Atom Toovey
10 - M /fcker AFB
11 - Kamikaze Rambo Gibbs
12 - Crusher Cleal
13 - Bad Boyd

14 - Kite
15 - Ian Thompson
16 - Hasler
17 - Glen Stewart
18th man John Hopoate waiting in the wings
Can't have Tooves Bozo - he is in the original No1 Woodsie side at 7 after votes closed...but a Red hot side my friend !!

I need to apologise Bozo - done this fairly quickly and overlooked Gillespie who would add the rock like presence of Bella, with extra intimidation and big defensive upbeat off the bench - my bad....this now is my FINAL team selection !!
I need to apologize as well as I also forgot about cement
I have to say The Atom Toovey hit as hard as any heavy weight forward

Oh Ok . Back to the drawing board
Only 1 player Bozo - rest of that side is damn solid....and yes - Tooves defence was up with the best ever from a Manly player including the Randall's and cements imo, pound for pound he was a lightweight, who took out the heavyweights !!

Only 1 player Bozo - rest of that side is damn solid....and yes - Tooves defence was up with the best ever from a Manly player including the Randall's and cements imo, pound for pound he was a lightweight, who took out the heavyweights !!
Speaking of heavyweights . How is your weight training going ?
From memory, Last time we spoke you were working on building bigger arms ?

Speaking of heavyweights . How is your weight training going ?
From memory, Last time we spoke you were working on building bigger arms ?
To be honest - inconsistent training and diet - a little pudgy let me add - and start 2 x touch comps and soccer in coming weeks....arms def not my strong point :wasntme:

To be honest - inconsistent training and diet - a little pudgy let me add - and start 2 x touch comps and soccer in coming weeks....arms def not my strong point :wasntme:
Let me start on your strongest points and your foundation to greater things and this is
Your Honesty acceptance
Before we can move on we need to acknowledge and to accept and you have done that
I hope you can now make your self accountable and fulfill your goals
Focus on the end desirable result and let your commitment, dedication , descipline, hard work and Passion for wanting to achieve get you there

I will ask you again on this forum where all our feathered friends are reading our posts how you are progressing in three months time just to put a bit of pressure on you and see how resilient you are
Today is the 22nd day of January
Expect a post from me on here on your health and fitness progress on the 22nd of April
and I hope you do not make an April fool of you and me

I am counting on you make the effort to look and feel your best

Good luck feathered friend

A number of posters have Fatty in their seconds ahead of Jake. I didn't see Fatty play (I was too young), but was he really better than Jake?

A number of posters have Fatty in their seconds ahead of Jake. I didn't see Fatty play (I was too young), but was he really better than Jake?

Apart from the Affirmative Action of the compulsory one Ranga per team rule ... yeah, he was a workaholic like Jake ... better runner of the football IMO and just as good in defence ... Jake may well go past him .. but at the moment I have Fatty slightly in front ..

Apart from the Affirmative Action of the compulsory one Ranga per team rule ... yeah, he was a workaholic like Jake ... better runner of the football IMO and just as good in defence ... Jake may well go past him .. but at the moment I have Fatty slightly in front ..
You can never have enough rangas on a team Woodsie! But with Fatty, as I said, I never saw him play and perhaps his TV persona has detracted from footballing capabilities? I was just surprised to see how people have him ahead of Jake because I rate Jake bloody highly.

Could pick four Manly sides from that time line and still not much between them . Just look at some of the alternative Full backs - Snake , Shearer , Ridge , Turbo and Branighan , Wingers - Ribot , Robbo , Mooney, Wolfman , Elesgood and Hopoate [ John and Will ] centres O Conner , Matai Gartner , Hill , Innns , Dorahay , knight and Kev Iro , and so on , right to the props . Some of the other established clubs would no doubt come up with one or two top sides but not to the extent of Manly with even more additional top line sides one would think .

Watch the manly vs combined Brisbane game on another thread from 1983. Fatty is amazing. Also captained a gf team. 13 tests, countless origins.

At this stage of career he is ahead of Jake.

Fatty was a top player , was certainly noted for his very reliable and solid defence but had a good turn of speed and more then a capable attacking forward as well Came to Manly in 1979 and left at the end of 1989 i think , so an 11 year career there and again with an impressive record

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2