Now for the reality check!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But as you discover in life 1% of people are just sad sacks or angry ants.

I see it every day, most on the roads are good , 1% get their jolly’s from road rage, most on social media are good , 1% are complete arseholes. In big workplaces it’s the same , is just society I’m afraid.
yes mate - spot on. I just can't see the sense in being down, being negative or not thinking life/Manly/Geelong/Man U/Packers lol etc will all be great. I always think that today will be a great day. Manly will rise again... always has... always will.

Not too sure of the overall stats but Manly 's completion rate must have been a whole lot better against the Warriors. Seemed a bit better with their edge defence but Warriors on the night were not the most threatening side to exploit any suspect edge defence but credit where credit is due and Manly were noticeably better there . Kicking game was a bit better [ and of course a brilliant ploy for Saab"s try ] ,just how to better capitalize on the prop "s good go forward continues to be a bit of a challenge . Maybe with Tom pushing up from the back and probing around can be a real difference , has been in the past and really has to be again to offer something more with any attacking advantages . Just how much better Manly can get is going to depend on a lot of factors but if they get the basics right and their defence into some sort of order , a bit more structure in attacking options , should be quite a bit of improvement possible .

Fifita is not a very busy type, just can be highly explosive a few times per game, so maybe we need to spot him big time. Get any big or fast guys we have to go at him all game, tire him out a bit.
Or maybe we might need to move Parker and Jake over to our right edge! :eek:
and go low on him and drive in. If you watch just about every tackle missed - they are all going high. Ponga went low but he is a bit of a Lockyer... a turnstile. Go in and smash him between tummy and chest - drive up and shorten him up. And do it over and over. Certainly need to contain him.

and go low on him and drive in. If you watch just about every tackle missed - they are all going high. Ponga went low but he is a bit of a Lockyer... a turnstile. Go in and smash him between tummy and chest - drive up and shorten him up. And do it over and over. Certainly need to contain him.
But Fifita has a good step too . just can "t give him the opportunity to wind up and line speed is going to be important . Really hope that Oloakau - atu is ready and to mark off on him .Looked pretty willing in that i st Black Town outing for him 4 or so weeks ago and is definitely agile but also put some grunt into his tackles . Have a good spread of talent in the Titans but for sure , stop Fifita 's potentially damaging runs with some solid defence and will really nullify them quite a bit . Just have to have the player or organized defence to do it .

Yes. The win on Friday was just that. A win. Αnd considering what we've had to endure over the past 9 months, it's worth celebrating.

Jumping on here when you haven't been sighted all season just to put the slipper in to the team and rain on everyone's parade is just sad. Like a said, he's the type who'd give healthy snacks to kids at Halloween.

I really rate the Titans this year. If we can be competitive, it'll be an achievement. But, in reality, I'm not expecting to win. We're building and refining the roster. It'll take a year or two but we'll get there.

Fifita is more devastating than Taumalolo and by a fait bit too. He'll terrorise us but it is what it is. If we lose by less than 12, I'll be impressed.

As long as we can beat the Cows, Broncs, Dogs, Tigpies and the lesser likes, I'll be happy this year.

@Technical Coach and I got into a bit of unneeded argy bargy last night and whilst I’ll stand by what I said as to his statements straight after a win which I strongly thought should have been left to later in the week he did have some very valid points as to the performance.

He’s far better at the technical stuff than I ever could be , so yes despite the disagreement I still value his opinion ( although not always do I agree ).

To me it was a vast improvement and I think should do ( if nothing else ) our confidence wonders as we move through the season.

Nevertheless the fact we were so **** in the first month against 3 of the contenders does show that we are a long long way from being competitive week after week.

So everything that I’ve read in the last 6 months does still ring true , we still need a mild clean out AND I still don’t believe Des is the one to take us forward in this modern game.

This weeks game will be a reality check against a side that’s going quite well and have added some real firepower to their armoury , our performance in Mudgee will probably tell us a lot more of where we are now than last nights game.
It's a fan site to express opinions, timing shouldn't even come into the equation.

Does that mean the above mentality translates to my behaviour at a game full of people wanting to enjoy themselves---no.

The performance was not that great and made to look better against a poor performing Warriors---Warriors playing poorly wasn't a result of Manly playing well---that is what i need to see.

At least Manly tried a few things in that game defensively and attacking wise and some small patches of form within the forwards. Garrick had some strong incisive carries and is better when he floats around and can pick his moments to run through the middle off momentum not standing starts.

The thing that pleases me in addition to the win is that it was one they had to fight very hard for. They played without luck we deserved two more tries in the first half. The Warriors were allowed to move up early resulting in next to no 10 metres and the referee was giving all the line ball calls to the Warriors and a couple of successful captains challenges played a big part in momentum. So it was a gutsy win in which they showed plenty of heart. Hopefully Turbo’s presence will lift them further. Well done boys!

But Fifita has a good step too . just can "t give him the opportunity to wind up and line speed is going to be important . Really hope that Oloakau - atu is ready and to mark off on him .Looked pretty willing in that i st Black Town outing for him 4 or so weeks ago and is definitely agile but also put some grunt into his tackles . Have a good spread of talent in the Titans but for sure , stop Fifita 's potentially damaging runs with some solid defence and will really nullify them quite a bit . Just have to have the player or organized defence to do it .
yes agreed - he has a great step at the line. Still think he is injury prone but gee... I am in no position to say that with all our injuries lol. Yes hopefully Haumole is available and we will have to man up and gang tackle him a bit - but if you go low... the old saying they can't run without legs. Back in the day I used to say... you also can't run without a head.... but that is bit of an over reach these days lol.

Agreed completely certainly don't disagree - he was straight on the deathride bus and that to me is just unacceptable - just my view. We still have problems and the blame lies in all corners but to me we need supporters rallying behind the club not hoping for failure.
I think we need a yawn emoji for the Tech :yawn:

@Technical Coach and I got into a bit of unneeded argy bargy last night and whilst I’ll stand by what I said as to his statements straight after a win which I strongly thought should have been left to later in the week he did have some very valid points as to the performance.

He’s far better at the technical stuff than I ever could be , so yes despite the disagreement I still value his opinion ( although not always do I agree ).

To me it was a vast improvement and I think should do ( if nothing else ) our confidence wonders as we move through the season.

Nevertheless the fact we were so **** in the first month against 3 of the contenders does show that we are a long long way from being competitive week after week.

So everything that I’ve read in the last 6 months does still ring true , we still need a mild clean out AND I still don’t believe Des is the one to take us forward in this modern game.

This weeks game will be a reality check against a side that’s going quite well and have added some real firepower to their armoury , our performance in Mudgee will probably tell us a lot more of where we are now than last nights game.

Agree with you totally Mark. Great effort, but even in this game it showed they are not in the same league as the top teams and a lot is to do with how Des is handling strategies and selections. At least the defence had improved markedly, but it was glaringly obvious that when a few younger players were brought in like Schuster, Harper, Funa, the Sea Eagles went up a notch. I just cant understand why Des cant see what seems obvious to so many of us. There are kids craving for a chance to show their wares, like Fainu Jnr, Tippytoes, Koula, Burbo, etc. Some may be a little raw but if they are in the 30 give them a go for goodness sake. I've fallen asleep watching Manly's backline in recent years.

I think we need a yawn emoji for the Tech :yawn:
These are not yawn emojis but they are something to choose from for when those long winded essay length or large block type posts come around from anybody:

tumblr_m0n0rwUUCp1r2ygl8.gif

tumblr_m3kwc846lT1qeomf8.gif

3D20Smiles20265.gif

3D20Smiles20266.gif

or even theses two:

tumblr_lnks9pBq541qiw26m.gif

tumblr_m3ydxg0x311r50pfh.gif

Reality check...

In attack we are still terrible!
Our defence was alot better and we scrambled well.. both teams had players out so i think it was pretty even or an edge to them with Rts. We got some lucky tries and our halves didn't put anyone over again! Croker, it all starts with him he never runs and he barely takes steps forward getting momentum for the halves. Watching harry grant tonight he is so good he runs at the markers drawing them in then he passes or goes for a scoot himself. I was disappointed in both halves more dce he doesn't get repeat sets and for some reason has no bag of tricks ie cut out pass to the winger the show and go the small kick behind a rushing defence. Iv seen him kick countless times for wolfman or jamie lyon and it was a great tactic. He has nothing with his outside men but im sure turbo will change alot of that. Foran was better but not much he got some repeat sets but didn't impress with ball in hand.
Fact is the titans are on fire and will roll over us via fifita the animal. Supercoach captain next week thats for sure. Parker held his own against Murdoch masilla we could swap him over i think Harper would benefit from Foran's passing game. Though i can see a Parker concussion coming hahaha
The reality is we do not have strike power across the park like the top teams

The reality is at the moment players like Parker and Harper are not dominant line breaking match winning strike players like the electric Crichtons that light up the field and win matches with one surge of briliance and superior speed or do we have destructive back rowers like the Kikaus

The reality is defensively we have the capability to defend like trojans and frustrate quality teams and grind away to a resilient win

The reality is all our players need to work harder together as a team and win games at the back of their resilient defence

The reality is resilient defensive efforts can dominate games
No one can run without legs

The reality is no one gave us any hope against the Warriors and most on here jumped on their No Hope Win Wagon

The reality is we defied adversity and defeated the Warriors against all odds with our resilient never say die defence and the reality is we can keep on winning if we keep on digging our heels in and defend like demons like we did against the Warriors

The moral of the story
IF THE BASTARDS CANT SCORE
THE BASTARDS CANT WIN

Last edited:
Agreed completely certainly don't disagree - he was straight on the deathride bus and that to me is just unacceptable - just my view. We still have problems and the blame lies in all corners but to me we need supporters rallying behind the club not hoping for failure.

His opinion was unacceptable? I don't know what to say about that one...WOW!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4