Now a biter, kicker & a diver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Now a biter, kicker & a diver

I don't have a problem with what Soward did, I think it was more of a problem the way GI grabbed him by the throat.

The problem I do have with Sowards tackle is he went high. If he goes low he would have knocked him over and more than likely put him over the side line. When will these guys learn to tackle him low, time and time again players go high on him and he swats them off like flies.

Ryno link said:
When will these guys learn to tackle him low, time and time again players go high on him and he swats them off like flies.

Yes, I noticed that during SOO3. Whoever went high (but legally) i.e. Wolfman, he would just palm them off and when Noddy went low, he went straight over the sideline. I wondered then why none of the players had noticed this before and why they don't do it more often.

Modern players are taught to tackle with the shoulders and forearm and hit the torso. Going low allows offloads, so the modern coaching manual says.

DSM5 link said:
That's just crazy talk KE.  Menzies was a fantastic defender.  His copybook tackling style was a joy to watch.  He was often running out wide in defense to stop attacking plays.  Just a great player in attack and in defense.  Invariably his around the ankles tackling style shut down many movements.  There was a classic tackle in the 08 GF which I'm sure everyone remembers.

Very true DSM, these same idiots were among the mob that would argue he was a 2 club man

The one that i really can't understand is how that Thurston prick got off when he kicked wolfman in the face.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I have heard similar criticisms of Menzies game at times. Some idiots were trying to argue he wasn't one of the great backrowers, because he played out wide on the fringes instead of rolling the sleeves up in the middle. 180 tries shows he was used correctly

kE they haven't got a ****ing clue mate. It's because beaver played out wide on the fringes was one of the reasons why he got some much ball and did so much damage. Not only is he a strong ball runner but his big shoulder charges hurt the opposition and he is a hard player to stop and has a good off load of the ball. As you have said mate 180 tries tells the story doesn't it. And as for him not rolling up the sleeves that's total BS Beaver could and did match it with the best of them and some.

These knockers are just jealous Beaver was a Sea Eagle and he always will be for imo.

A big congratulations must go out to the NRL for not suspending Soward, as the AFL’s number one promoter and supporter the NRL should take a bow, it’s fantastic what they are doing to grow the other game.

I mean how good is going to be and what a great message it sends to the kids playing League that this guys will probably win the Dally M Best and Fairest award this year, I mean short of giving it to J.Thurston or G.Bird P.Gallen I can’t think of a better ambassador.

****in dirty little **** gets 75 points for a early plea, hope he gets in trouble in the next few weeks and misses some games

Best possible news for us. Manly would have received no advantage if Soward had been suspended this week. At least this way if he does infringe again he will be in the same position as Cameron Smith was last year when he accepted an early guilty plea and we all remember that early plea led to him missing the GF.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4