Now a biter, kicker & a diver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now a biter, kicker & a diver

If Soward escapes suspension this time the NRL need to seriously look at not suspending anyone else for the rest of the year.

This guys no role model and needs to be made and example of, even if Gallop is a Dragons supporter.

Re: Now a biter, kicker & a diver

Now I'm hearing it.  Obviously one shouldn't let the ball bounce.  So often a try is scored from the bouncing ball.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=181226.msg234370#msg234370 date=1249037298]
Thurston got away with it

agreed.

But does anyone think it will??

He did but the protected species thing needs to end.
[/quote]

Asostasi was charged for leading with the knees last weekend after not being put on report for that and pleaded guilty.  Soward should be so charged? 

Soward was put on report and we will hear more about it, I reckon. Very weird-looking incident, really, but there's no doubt he kicked out with his leg. Stranger still, Inglis had him around the throat at the time. Instead of palming him off he looked like he was trying to choke him.

It was an odd incident really. It looked like Inglis was basically strangling him and he lashed out, but yeah it was an odd one.

Missing something if he played for us you would love him

I might be wrong but on the line is a try is it not ?
Let the prick play, we can beat them with soward in the team, he is only one man who was a journeyman before this year.
Let's put the pressure on him when they defend, he can't tackle to save his life, the rest of his team have to do twice the work to save his ass. Choc to run at Soward all day, let's see how he goes.

Disclaimer- didn't see the game, are you talking about the try line or the touch line ?

Inglis heard that Soward likes getting choked when Wendall takes him from behind

Dan link said:
Missing something if he played for us you would love him

Not a fan of how he hides on out in defence near the wing with Sailor, and ball plays 2 meters behind other players and uses kicking shields.

Actually I'm not a fan of him at all.

You have to give Bennett a lot of credit though so far he's found away to hide him out with all his deficiencies give him some confidence yet find away to exploit the good aspect of his game.

Just saw it for the 1st time, interesting one, personally I don't rate it as bad as others from this season like Thurston, Hindmarsh, Merritt etc. WIll be interested in the outcome of it

Defending out near the wing is a common thing for halves m_s, it is a smart move, keeps him fresh for attack which is the strength of his game.

TokyoEagle link said:
I might be wrong but on the line is a try is it not ?

Disclaimer- didn't see the game, are you talking about the try line or the touch line ?
I meant side line!!

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Defending out near the wing is a common thing for halves m_s, it is a smart move, keeps him fresh for attack which is the strength of his game.

I'm aware of that the last thing I expect is a half back to defend in the middle of the ruck but there trying more to hide him than they are to rest him.

Then if it is working, it is fantastic coaching. The great thing for us is we don't have to hide Orford, Bailey, Lyon, Foran, whoever is playing in the halves, because they are all capable of knocking people over on their own

I have heard similar criticisms of Menzies game at times. Some idiots were trying to argue he wasn't one of the great backrowers, because he played out wide on the fringes instead of rolling the sleeves up in the middle. 180 tries shows he was used correctly

That's just crazy talk KE.  Menzies was a fantastic defender.  His copybook tackling style was a joy to watch.  He was often running out wide in defense to stop attacking plays.  Just a great player in attack and in defense.  Invariably his around the ankles tackling style shut down many movements.  There was a classic tackle in the 08 GF which I'm sure everyone remembers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4