Noticing something in the media....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think they may have realised there was something in us all whinging about getting the lion share of Monday night games

Ant80 link said:
we're getting positive coverage. Dare I say it like prior to the 2008 grand final

Trust the buggers as far as you can throwem - they'll use ya and abuseya til the cows come home - OK I claim the cptn obvious award for today ;-)

They're just as fickle as the fans are, wait till we lose another game, they'll be death riding us again.
The stuff about Brett is to suck up after putting the boot into him 2 years ago aswell

When the media start routinely describing Stewart's 4 week suspension as "excessive", "inexplicable", "outrageous", "disgraceful", or similar then I'd start to think maybe their was a micrometre of regret or rethinking about the disgraceful treatment he received. 

If they can routinely label him as "disgraced" for 2 years for nothing more than being falsely accused, and reportedly refused service of alcohol and responsibly catching a cab home - when a repeat DUI perpetrator gets labelled "courageous" and "brave" and gets 0 weeks suspension from Gallop - then they could make an effort to add just a smidgen of balance by calling his 4 week suspension and his vilification "disgraceful" IMO.

Rex link said:
When the media start routinely describing Stewart's 4 week suspension as \"excessive\", \"inexplicable\", \"outrageous\", \"disgraceful\", or similar then I'd start to think maybe their was a micrometre of regret or rethinking about the disgraceful treatment he received. 

If they can routinely label him as \"disgraced\" for 2 years for nothing more than being falsely accused, and reportedly refused service of alcohol and responsibly catching a cab home - when a repeat DUI perpetrator gets labelled \"courageous\" and \"brave\" and gets 0 weeks suspension from Gallop - then they could make an effort to add just a smidgen of balance by calling his 4 week suspension and his vilification \"disgraceful\" IMO.

Well said

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300883597[/time]

Dan link said:
I think they may have realised there was something in us all whinging about getting the lion share of Monday night games

They may also realise there's a defamation case coming their way and are now trying to lick arse.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
They're just as fickle as the fans are, wait till we lose another game, they'll be death riding us again.
The stuff about Brett is to suck up after putting the boot into him 2 years ago aswell

Maybe a suck up, but ultimately they are about selling papers.  Its a good story coming back from where he's been, I don't think its meant to stop a lawsuit.  Brett also appears to be talking to the media again and I presume he's just trying to get along with his life now, which is a good thing.

Rex link said:
When the media start routinely describing Stewart's 4 week suspension as \"excessive\", \"inexplicable\", \"outrageous\", \"disgraceful\", or similar then I'd start to think maybe their was a micrometre of regret or rethinking about the disgraceful treatment he received. 

If they can routinely label him as \"disgraced\" for 2 years for nothing more than being falsely accused, and reportedly refused service of alcohol and responsibly catching a cab home - when a repeat DUI perpetrator gets labelled \"courageous\" and \"brave\" and gets 0 weeks suspension from Gallop - then they could make an effort to add just a smidgen of balance by calling his 4 week suspension and his vilification \"disgraceful\" IMO.

I agree with you Rex but to be honest I am just grateful that all the bad publicity has stopped and the good publicity has started.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6