Nothing but pride

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Look... its a sucky end to the season... no doubt...

BUT...

This team has showed a lot of pride in the jersey this year (after a TERRIBLE START)...

I am just really thankful to the team for an extraordinary ride in 2021 and I am confident that 2022 holds great things for this young side...

P.S. GO THE F*CKIMG PANFERS...

Look... its a sucky end to the season... no doubt...

BUT...

This team has showed a lot of pride in the jersey this year (after a TERRIBLE START)...

I am just really thankful to the team for an extraordinary ride in 2021 and I am confident that 2022 holds great things for this young side...

P.S. GO THE F*CKIMG PANFERS...
But I just read on another thread that they are pea hearts and not worthy of wearing the jersey!!

I agree with you though - plenty of upside with even more quality youth coming through. It's building and this finals series is an important component of our next premiership.

It started the same way as the Storm game, Keppie tries to throw a miracle pass and we never got going after that.

Stupid mistakes, missed tackles, poor decisions in defense - we gave it to them on a platter.

Great year but **** way to finish

It is such a pity that in the 2 finals that we lost we did not do ourselves justice.

The team did fantastically well over the course of the season after the start from hell.

Much better things to happen to this side!
I just feel that our inexperience led to low % plays in our big finals games and that is to be expected...

We learnt a lot (hopefully) in the last 3 weeks and we will have a hungry team of very good players next year...

While obviously disappointed with that ending, these young guys will grow so much from it, I'm very excited for next year.

This season has been a big pass mark for mine, I was hoping for lower part of top 8 and received a preliminary final.

6 bloody long months ahead though!!

I was flat out hoping to make the 8 this year. Yeah disappointing ending, however i never expected to get this far.

A few astute purchases are required in the off season. I am not going to hack on the bloke, but if we can find a 7, then we should ecourage DCE to look at that new Brisbane team to free up the cash. Enough has been said about him, what bothers me the most is when manly defend hard minimising metres, so the oppositions just go wide and have someone running at DCE who will arm grab and get dragged along and we lose the initiative.

Tough one, as we have a fair GF window coming up, but should DCE be part of it if you take the emotion out of it.

I'm pretty disappointed. How many games are we going to make a dozen errors? We didn't get close to Melbourne or South Sydney these last few weeks. That was a rubbish prelim.

You know with how great Manly defended and rushed up in the first 20mins or so and with a touch of composure to swing back momentum Manly really could have won this game easily.

With such effective shutting out of Souths spreads and some great defensive efforts in general i think Manly could of built on this and really made a go in a dry GF, but we didn't even give ourselves half a chance with effective play.

That was ineffective lacking composure crap that is unacceptable, it had nothing to do with effort.(there was plenty of that)

I’m proud to and that will be the overriding feeling after the disappointment passes.

We need a bit more clinical and high percentage play mixed in with our brilliance.

Cherry has things to work in. Morgan needs tackle bags with Velcro and Velcro gloves to practice with. Saab and Garrick needs to hit the leg weights all summer.

Lots to like, plenty to improve

I think we are about 3/4 of the way to being a premiership side but that last quarter is the steep bit. I think we need a bit more in the centres (three quarters at I said). Saab still has a bit of developing to do. Fainu would give our attack another dimension but who knows if and when we see him play again.
Still it looked more likely we play to avoid the wooden spoon than get into the GF early in the year. I think we've gained a lot of supporters this year and future looks good. Also at least we one of the teams doing the walloping most of the year rather than the ones getting walloped and are not as far off the pace as at least 10 clubs are. I doubt any of them will bridge that too much by next year, of course Bulldogs will have a side of names (but still no real halfback and hooker I think).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4