Note to Bob Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker said:
The big issue in all this is how we have two Owners pouring millions into our club and yet we have a football club (that gives little info to the members - and sometimes misinformation - eg Mayer had to go because he was trying to take Manly away from Brookie, whilst supporting Gosford games) that outvotes those putting their hard-earned up. These 'volunteers' seem to be in direct opposition to the coach, the CEO, the fans and their actual charter!! I have never voted in Football Club elections but I am open to be persuaded who to support this time!!!

The football club and Leagues Club have 3 votes on that Board of 9. For any decisions to be made one of the owners needs the Football Club's support, or else the Owners need to come to an agreement. The only decision that can't be made by anyone but the Football Club is the move from being the Manly Sea Eagles. That decision can only be made by the Football Club.

Therefore, every decision made has involved at least 4 other people other than Bob Reilly. In Zorba's case, it was 5 others (Penn and Co were the only ones who supported his stay)

What this means Canteen is that one of the owners is also involved in this, not just the Football Club. You could even say that the Football Club has been supporting the decisions made by the club, not in Opposition of it. It's not like they haven't been trying to keep Des. What would happen if we kept Des but didn't have any more money? Des wouldn't have a club to coach and we'd be out on our arse.

I think there is a lot of blame being put on one person, which is very unfair no matter how you feel about the bloke.

This is all insane, stop jumping to conclusions. Henny Penny is getting anxious.

Jono said:
Canteen Worker said:
The big issue in all this is how we have two Owners pouring millions into our club and yet we have a football club (that gives little info to the members - and sometimes misinformation - eg Mayer had to go because he was trying to take Manly away from Brookie, whilst supporting Gosford games) that outvotes those putting their hard-earned up. These 'volunteers' seem to be in direct opposition to the coach, the CEO, the fans and their actual charter!! I have never voted in Football Club elections but I am open to be persuaded who to support this time!!!

The football club and Leagues Club have 3 votes on that Board of 9. For any decisions to be made one of the owners needs the Football Club's support, or else the Owners need to come to an agreement. The only decision that can't be made by anyone but the Football Club is the move from being the Manly Sea Eagles. That decision can only be made by the Football Club.

Therefore, every decision made has involved at least 4 other people other than Bob Reilly. In Zorba's case, it was 5 others (Penn and Co were the only ones who supported his stay)

What this means Canteen is that one of the owners is also involved in this, not just the Football Club. You could even say that the Football Club has been supporting the decisions made by the club, not in Opposition of it. It's not like they haven't been trying to keep Des. What would happen if we kept Des but didn't have any more money? Des wouldn't have a club to coach and we'd be out on our arse.

I think there is a lot of blame being put on one person, which is very unfair no matter how you feel about the bloke.

This is all insane, stop jumping to conclusions. Henny Penny is getting anxious.

Thanks Jono - what you have written is helpful. I am not the one just blaming Bob Reilly and have never met him. I am also not worried about the sky falling on our heads or getting into the hysterical pandemonium about today.

My point is that the group of three have way too much power commensurate to their contribution and it would be much better to have all this stuff sorted out and a smooth administration.

My mail is that our coaching staff have had enough of the bickering and bitching when what they want to do is coach a football team in the manner they think they should do it.

The issue isn't the person it is the position.

Volunteer positions in a profit organization do not work and will not work.

Rather than being financially invested and connected to the role, through it being a job, people become personally invested. It happens time and time again. The issue is that this leads to the incorrect business decisions being made as they are made with personal opinion in mind, rather than business strategy and business ethics in place.

3 boards, with 3 different agendas combine to make one board. That is 3 different parties, made up of other parties that continue to push their own agenda. It is more than clear that there are 2 factions still within the club, and selling part of the club has not lead to the unification of the boards, only continued the feud behind closed doors and in cloak and dagger tactics.

This can not continue, if it does, the club will die, plain and simple. Someone has to realise that, and either let go or fall on their sword.

There are better ways to function, including keeping where we play games, and the colours, team name etc than factional voting lines on the board.

I've always believed that what Des wanted in regard to the team he got. Why then would he be pissed with the organization? I'm more convinced by his own statement, 'it's about the money'. If that's correct, then so be it. If we can't match what he wants, then by all means can follow his price. When I last checked it's a free world. Our great club will survive this.

Jono said:
I am not loyal to anything but the Maroon and White. I look at what is best for the club as a whole.

This is what I see:

1) Brett would never have been suspended if it wasn't for Grant Meyer's report on the happenings at that season launch. Its this report that Gallop has constantly used as his scapegoat.

2) We had internal issues under Grant Meyer, issues that were resolved when Graeme Lowe took over as CEO. If Grant Meyer was doing such a good job, why did he have to be removed?

3) Zorba has been loyal to Manly but as a Media manager he is past it. We needed someone better and more in tune with the way the media is today, not 20 years ago.

4) Everything falling flat on its face after Zorba going (e.g. Des possibly going) proves that Zorba had much more pull in that club than anyone else. Why keep someone involved with the club to keep a coach there? Is Des really worth so much that we are willing to see the club go down in flames around them?

In the end, if Des wants to go, go. If any others want to go, that's fine too. No one is bigger than the colours and until they realise this they are expendable, no matter how good or nice they are.

This is where I get to Bob Reilly. Bob Reilly cannot be blamed for these decisions on his own. Quantum have come in to help out and run the place like a business. They too thought that Zorba had to go as media manager, not just Bob Reilly. I agree with the decision they made because it was for the good of the club

If Des has decided to go because they got rid of Zorba, then that is a sad look on Des. It will also be a sad look on the players if they leave because Des has gone.

I will always look at both sides in a vote for the Football Club and Leagues Club. Why, because any ticket deserves that respect. However, who I vote for will be who I believe is best fit to run both boards and represent us on the Sea Eagles board. I will not get rid of someone unless the alternative is going to improve things.

That's the most intelligent post I've ever read on here and I completely agree with you. Very well said.

Dan or anyone reliable without a personal agenda, please answer this for me.

We know that there has been issue's with the board for some time.

What has been the main causes for all of this to erupt now. No speculation just facts please would be appreciated. What was the issues with Grant Meyer.

What will it take to resolve the board issues. I fear it would take more than members raising a ticket and replacing the board, I don't think it just as easy as that.

All I see is that the board and owners are at loggerheads with each other and each party is trying to position itself in a power play.

For that reason board Vs Owners unable to resolve their difference heads should roll for the instability and for bringing the club into disrepute

I know nothing of the goings on and bickering. What I do see is that Manly is torn in different directions, and that a common direction ... any direction ... is better than people pulling in different ones.

For all the crap he copped here, Lowie is the only person in recent times that appeared to get people going in the same direction. The dysfunction was blamed on Max, but Max is gone and here we are again.
Deja vu.

To me, we first need people who do their jobs professionally, quietly and humbly. Larissa is a good example. We need more Larissas, and a management culture that supports and encourages Larissa-type behaviours.

Zorba is well loved and that is important but, from the outside, he had been dropping the ball, and it seemed to be related to his ego. e.g. He clocked off early at the season launch, apparently because he was annoyed/disillusioned. There is no room for these emotions when there's a job needing doing. He does his job professionally, he keeps his eyes on what is happening, and perhaps nothing bad happens. Based on what's written here, he fails to clean up the mess and compounds it by then writing the ill-considered report that Gallop used to hang Brett. He takes Glenn to the tribunal and then has a major mindfart that could only cause trouble. Whilst on the job! I'm wondering whether this came from annoyance/disillusionment too. Whatever ... there is no place in a professional business for unprofessional actions. And left unattended bad habits can become entrenched.

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. And it seems perhaps too many personal agendas are getting in the way. If Des/Crusher are gone, perhaps now is a good time for the new broom.

Rex said:
I know nothing of the goings on and bickering. What I do see is that Manly is torn in different directions, and that a common direction ... any direction ... is better than people pulling in different ones.

For all the crap he copped here, Lowie is the only person in recent times that appeared to get people going in the same direction. The dysfunction was blamed on Max, but Max is gone and here we are again.
Deja vu.

To me, we first need people who do their jobs professionally, quietly and humbly. Larissa is a good example. We need more Larissas, and a management culture that supports and encourages Larissa-type behaviours.

Zorba is well loved and that is important but, from the outside, he had been dropping the ball, and it seemed to be related to his ego. e.g. He clocked off early at the season launch, apparently because he was annoyed/disillusioned. There is no room for these emotions when there's a job needing doing. He does his job professionally, he keeps his eyes on what is happening, and perhaps nothing bad happens. Based on what's written here, he fails to clean up the mess and compounds it by then writing the ill-considered report that Gallop used to hang Brett. He takes Glenn to the tribunal and then has a major mindfart that could only cause trouble. Whilst on the job! I'm wondering whether this came from annoyance/disillusionment too. Whatever ... there is no place in a professional business for unprofessional actions. And left unattended bad habits can become entrenched.

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. And it seems perhaps too many personal agendas are getting in the way. If Des/Crusher are gone, perhaps now is a good time for the new broom.

You make some good points as usual Rex.

I know two guys who went to the "Dug-out experience with Peter Peters". It was old mate's birthday, so his wife paid a fair bit of cashola for him and his mate.

They rocked up at the dug-out and were greated with "What do you guys want" from Zorba. "We're here for the dug-out experience". "Just go sit down the front" and that was the last interaction they had with him that day. Great experience. Suffice to say, they won't be back, and I'd never do it either while ever Zorba was the man running the show.

Sure you pay the money to get close to the action, but unprofessionalism like that, downright rudeness really,leaves a sour taste.

Volley said:
Rex said:

Deja vu.

I know two guys who went to the "Dug-out experience with Peter Peters". It was old mate's birthday, so his wife paid a fair bit of cashola for him and his mate.

They rocked up at the dug-out and were greated with "What do you guys want" from Zorba. "We're here for the dug-out experience". "Just go sit down the front" and that was the last interaction they had with him that day. Great experience. Suffice to say, they won't be back, and I'd never do it either while ever Zorba was the man running the show.

Sure you pay the money to get close to the action, but unprofessionalism like that, downright rudeness really,leaves a sour taste.

Had a mate telling me of a similar experience in the dug out.

eagles2win said:
Volley said:
Rex said:

Deja vu.

Had a mate telling me of a similar experience in the dug out.

We either know the same people or it's not a one off. Sad to hear.

Not a good experience Volley.

Rex, I appreciate the honesty in your post. Am I right to assume not all of the problems are Zorba related.

There are many posters who seem to support one or one of the other factions for whatever reason that is valid (it’s not hard to tell who they are and you get a feel who post without emotion or agenda).

I'm totally impartial and only have loyalty to the entity Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and can't help feeling that the issue's lie a lot deeper.

It doesnt matter who is right or wrong, if we want the club to move forward after this one of the factions needs to walk before they kill the club - what sponsor or player would come to us now?

The football club has been central to the divisiveness and boardroom bickering over recent years and this stemmed from a decision by Grant Mayer to move away from the FC as they were not adding value to the Sea Eagles business - this included removing FC memberships from season ticket applications.

It has reported in the media and also on other posts that there is a central 'player' as to why Des has decided to leave = you dont have to be an ironstein to work out who that is.

As I stated one faction has to go and it cant be the private owners as without them we can basically fold up the tent and go play against Norths and Newtown.

I call on all FC members to attend the next AGM and make your voice heard at the ballot box.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6