Not good enough tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
Well done South. You bashed us up tonight. We looked unimaginative with Cherry maybe having his worst game tonight. We still have Gift and Matai on the sidelines so who knows what's happen when we next meet. I feel it'll go the same as last year when we met in the finals. I do wonder why we signed Epelahame though. Is he ever going to make an appearance? Seems such a waste of money, especially considering that we seem a bit light when we come up against packs like tonight. Well at least we seem to have a good run home.
Disappointed about the result and the enthusiasm, however we have 4 games to redeem ourselves.

DCE was trying, making some good yards down the right edge. Good in defence.

You could be pointing at a few other players i reckon.

The only thing really disappointing is the ability of the clowns with whistles.

Win to Souffs puts them as premiership favourites and more pressure on them as the bench mark team. Souffs beat us in the forwards and hopefully like last year they played their GF tonight

Wasnt that bad....our forwards were put in their place tonight as has been the case a few times this year.

Always thought souths were the team to beat so I aint giving up by any means. A lot went against us tonight....losing steve so early was a killer. Fingers crossed there. Praying.

Just One of those days mayne

Souths are a good team, no doubt but given Matai coming off after the chicken wing tackle and the team having the flu all week that wasn't the real Manly out there.
And still one poor option stopped it being 12-10.
Not worried about that, and it will bind the team and stop the crap chatter about contracts.
It's just...is Matai ok?. That's all that matters ....

In recent years, we always seem to have a little bit of a slump at this stage of the year, not sure what is the reason. We may put on some heavy training before lightening the load before a push to the finals. When the whips get cracking, we will be there at the end.

Effort across the board was just OK, a few guys were a little below what should be required but we were just out enthused. I don't mind a loss like that, we got our nose just rubbed in the dirt enough to ensure we knock out any boys who were thinking too far ahead and we should be focused now on the next game which is how you get consistency in your performance.

The effort and courage was there and we have had a tough couple of games so you can't knock the team too much.

Still not feeling it with our forward mix though but we can still win the comp if the game is fast and uptempo.

Without Matai's leadership go forward and aggression we can't win the comp.

Still a great effort to be in the game for so long and I still feel Souths will fatigue if the game is more uptempo.

Don't mind the early kicks to turn the forwards around have them struggle to get back for the hit ups, when they do get back they lack that same punch.

We may have been on the end of some BS calls tonight, but the refs weren't the ones dropping balls or missing tackles.

The good thing is that we can definitely improve on tonight's performance. The bad thing was listening to the Souffs love fest from the Nein commentary box. They all sounded like the 12th Man's Bill Lawry when Merv got a hat-trick against the Sri-Lankans at the MCG......

Yeah the South's love fest was on in full swing tonight.

Gus Gould riding off every half decent South's moment as if he is trying to add a list of "I told you so moments" this year if they do win the GF or even just this game then minutes later he adds the odd "I better hedge my bets and say how great this Manly team is and you can never right them off" when Manly have a moment so he can proclaim I told you so if Manly win.

Technical Coach said:
Yeah the South's love fest was on in full swing tonight.

Gus Gould riding off every half decent South's moment as if he is trying to add a list of "I told you so moments" this year if they do win the GF or even just this game then minutes later he adds the odd "I better hedge my bets and say how great this Manly team is and you can never right them off" when Manly have a moment so he can proclaim I told you so if Manly win.

You don't get a bigger bandwagon jumper than Gus. Just watch Origin every year. This will be NSW year, then when you can see Qld coming home he jumps ship. Does it all the time. If we won tonight he would've been pushing the barrow harder about us.

I feel tonight is one of those losses we had to have. We've had a good run, and we actually have a pretty light run to the semis. I wouldn't want to have won a heap in a row heading into the semi, as the pessimist in me says a loss is coming. Better now than week 3 of the semis.

This was enough of a touch up against a good side to make us realize that this comp is far from won. Plus I feel that a few of these players like Killer, Snake, Choc (the old brigade) really put these losses (and chirping from little smart alecs) in the memory banks, to pull out at a convenient semi final match up.

bob dylan said:
Our effort was excellent as was the game plan.

Our execution was aweful.

The refs were against us tonight, but they gave us the victory last time we played Souths.

Well played Souths.

Well said mate and all that needs saying, who is next :)

I would just like Manly to have a buffer to rest players going into the Semi's.

Last year we did not have much energy left and I was amazed how well we turned up each game during the Semi Final period one of the most inspired efforts from any club team I have ever seen.

HoldenV8 said:
The bad thing was listening to the Souffs love fest from the Nein commentary box. They all sounded like the 12th Man's Bill Lawry when Merv got a hat-trick against the Sri-Lankans at the MCG......

It was like watching Souffs TV , we were just best supporting actors tonight. Greg Inglis "what a player, he's brilllliant, just brilllliant" but Snake "he's a brave player".

One of those games where we were flat and Souths got the rub of the green. Very skinny 10 for them and they did their usual milkathon in the ruck, walking off the mark, wrestling. Our completion was about 60%, theirs about 80. Rather have a poor game like that now then in 6 weeks time.

I didn't see anything from Souths tonight that worries me, we were due a bit of a downer after the month we've had. Maybe not enough #crisis for us this week, Tigers have been hogging the limelight.

We've got about another 2 gears on what we showed tonight. Souths are on the rev limiter already. Hopefully we'll meet them in the semis and put them to sleep again.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7