Not getting all the despair

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think there are a lot of factors that will determine success:
  • Strength of Draw - last year we ended up with one of the harder ones.
  • Injuries throughout season - last year we virtually played 3/4 of the season without our #9, #6 and #1. We even lost our back up #1 for a good chunk.
  • Final pieces of the recruitment puzzle - Foran gives us depth in halves and centres. Schuster looked the goods in his only game but I think he will need to earn his stripes to get ahead of Foran. Davey seams like a decent value pick up. Would love to see who else Des and the team are working to bring to Lottoland. Hooker (while Fainu is out), Wing and Backrow are the positions i think we lack a bit of quality.
  • Preparation - Des obviously geared his team to play a style that was meant for the rules pre-COVID. Then the NRL changed the rules in the middle of the season. I've seen many comments around the team and Des not being adaptable. But how, after 4 months of preseason preparation and training, do you adapt to rule changes 2 weeks before the season recommences.
We've got a coach who has only missed the finals in 3 seasons out of his 16 season, made 5 grand finals and won 2. I reckon he knows exactly what he needs to do to get the club into a good spot for 2021.

Im really curious as to why a few members say that are hopeful of at least one big signing to be added (outside of Saab). Are there obvious candidates off contract? Or is the expectation that there is someone lined up who will be released from a contract to come to Manly?

• Injuries throughout season - last year we virtually played 3/4 of the season without our #9, #6 and #1. We even lost our back up #1 for a good chunk.
  • Final pieces of the recruitment puzzle - Foran gives us depth in halves and centres. Schuster looked the goods in his only game but I think he will need to earn his stripes to get ahead of Foran. Davey seams like a decent value pick up. Would love to see who else Des and the team are working to bring to Lottoland. Hooker (while Fainu is out), Wing and Backrow are the positions i think we lack a bit of quality.
  • Preparation - Des obviously geared his team to play a style that was meant for the rules pre-COVID. Then the NRL changed the rules in the middle of the season. I've seen many comments around the team and Des not being adaptable. But how, after 4 months of preseason preparation and training, do you adapt to rule changes 2 weeks before the season recommences.
We've got a coach who has only missed the finals in 3 seasons out of his 16 season, made 5 grand finals and won 2. I reckon he knows exactly what he needs to do to get the club into a good spot for 2021.

Good post, I hope you are right on the last paragraph.

Im really curious as to why a few members say that are hopeful of at least one big signing to be added (outside of Saab). Are there obvious candidates off contract? Or is the expectation that there is someone lined up who will be released from a contract to come to Manly?
That would be coming based on,

About 1.2-1.4 million off the cap for those that have left.

Foran largely accounted for by TPA.

Davey wouldn’t be too expensive.

Saab ( if coming) also not on big $$$$

Some upgrades BUT must have $500k left.

Now spending it might be problematic but that would be the reasoning.

Saab, Garner and a hooker to complete the squad.

If the second tier comps run next year then I think our depth looks a lot better. This year we had a bunch of young talents who couldn’t really develop because there were no games for them to play in.
Spot on. It is the most important factor as to how we go next year imo.

It’s only the 8th of November so I’m not yet worried about the make up of the final 28 ( I think that’s still the case only 30 by June).

But in a months time if we are still the same then I think we can all be worried as depth will kill us ( again ).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4