Not a 1 man show or are we??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Seriously @BOZO ?? You call our most inexperienced player “the cancer in our side”.
One of the more disgusting comments I’ve seen here really, and I’ve been reading these forums for years! Shame on you!
An incompetent 5/8 is a cancer to any side
feathered friend . No team can function properly and excel without a competent 5/8
Your opinion of me is totally irrelevant .
All I care is about Manly Winning .

Last edited:

TimmyQ

Bencher
The difference in attack with Tom T is out, was obvious as it was frustrating last Sunday....
Early on there was some key second phase where Kapow and AFB popped offloads and the lurking Tom was not there and the play dies harmlessly.
I mean there was support and those players did make half breaks, but with Tom T it was 3 clean breaks early and a possible 2-3 tries.
Also on any wide block plays, there were 3 on 2 situations created where the defence is forced to make a decision with Turbo chiming in, yet the lack of pace without him allowed Titans to stand off - slide - and close down most attacking raids bar that early try.
Credit to DCE as a half who can run the ball well and BK out wide for his fancy feet, but the vibe in attack without Tom is massive and every team has players who add spark, but that game last week really captured his importance.
Even Api missed him when he got out quickly which he has really improved with, where he has had great success picking up Turbo on the fly, but still set a try up through the middle with a good dash picking his moment.
There were plenty of decent chances and field position yet until DCE broke away with an intercept, Manly didn't look like scoring apart from the Kelly dash/dropped ball in that 2nd half.
I also think the Taufua injury which happens to regularly has a far bigger impact than most and gets Manly on the front foot, but with tough footy and others willing to roll up the sleeves this can be somewhat compensated....the talent of Tom T's attack is the key if Manly are to shape up and be any threat at all in 2018.
I think we're definitely at our attacking best when we have blokes pushing up the middle supporting the ball carrier. atm Tommy is the only one that consistently sniffs around looking for that offload. Remember we have Api, Jake and Kapow who all have a good pass on them but often they're going to ground without a team mate to be seen. That's another reason why I like the thought of Hastings playing 6 - he's another one that's always on the ball and if he's pushing up with Tommy it just adds another dimension to our attack. It's not rocket science is it!

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think we're definitely at our attacking best when we have blokes pushing up the middle supporting the ball carrier. atm Tommy is the only one that consistently sniffs around looking for that offload. Remember we have Api, Jake and Kapow who all have a good pass on them but often they're going to ground without a team mate to be seen. That's another reason why I like the thought of Hastings playing 6 - he's another one that's always on the ball and if he's pushing up with Tommy it just adds another dimension to our attack. It's not rocket science is it!
You watch Damian Cook go from dummy half, he makes a break and he has Johnstone, Gagai, the new guy Kenner, and Ingliss, all noted speedsters, and back up men to Cook.
Now Api is just as good as Cook at the dummy half scoot, but when Tommy's not there, he's only got DCE. Even with Tommy out we are sadly lacking in some genuine speedsters to help Api out.
Parker will help, and hopefully Walker will too, once he's got some match fitness under his belt.

Fluffy

Journey Man
The difference in attack with Tom T is out, was obvious as it was frustrating last Sunday....
Early on there was some key second phase where Kapow and AFB popped offloads and the lurking Tom was not there and the play dies harmlessly.
I mean there was support and those players did make half breaks, but with Tom T it was 3 clean breaks early and a possible 2-3 tries.
Also on any wide block plays, there were 3 on 2 situations created where the defence is forced to make a decision with Turbo chiming in, yet the lack of pace without him allowed Titans to stand off - slide - and close down most attacking raids bar that early try.
Credit to DCE as a half who can run the ball well and BK out wide for his fancy feet, but the vibe in attack without Tom is massive and every team has players who add spark, but that game last week really captured his importance.
Even Api missed him when he got out quickly which he has really improved with, where he has had great success picking up Turbo on the fly, but still set a try up through the middle with a good dash picking his moment.
There were plenty of decent chances and field position yet until DCE broke away with an intercept, Manly didn't look like scoring apart from the Kelly dash/dropped ball in that 2nd half.
I also think the Taufua injury which happens to regularly has a far bigger impact than most and gets Manly on the front foot, but with tough footy and others willing to roll up the sleeves this can be somewhat compensated....the talent of Tom T's attack is the key if Manly are to shape up and be any threat at all in 2018.

Think the answer is a resounding no, we are not a 1 man team.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
In a terrible game where there were no standouts, Tom still looked the only half dangerous attacking option...this thread was more about the difference he adds in attack...he is no defensive messiah and if only he had the Snakes organisation and reliability from the back in D.....no one would be dumb enough to use that game as an example of Toms attack.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
After playing with 20% of the ball for half the game I would expect very few points scored.
Every team has attacking weapons, but if they played a game deprived of the footy and drained of energy when they finally get, would not expect to see even world class attacking players shine.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
After playing with 20% of the ball for half the game I would expect very few points scored.
Every team has attacking weapons, but if they played a game deprived of the footy and drained of energy when they finally get, would not expect to see even world class attacking players shine.
Agreed, maxta. But the lack of possession shouldn't be an excuse because it was all of our own doing: silly penalties, dropped balls, incorrect play the balls, etc. Whenever we had a chance to get back into the game and even up possession, we gave the ball back to the opposition.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14