Not a 1 man show or are we??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Tom was a big loss; however, the Tigers don’t have a Tom, or a Jake, or a DCE, or a Taupau, or a Walker, or an API - yet they have lost only one game (controversially) and beaten the Storm twice and the Roosters.

Their attitude has been on point since round 1 and has not let up yet. Their defensive structures are solid and they scramble really well in defence when a break is made - all of which is attitude and coaching.

We are young, but have some very talented players. With the right attitude and defensive structures - we could win the comp or go close.

5/8 needs to be Hastings to help our organisation; however, improvement in attitude and defence will make the biggest difference. Barrett needs to answer the call here.

HM is dead right, remember last year when we lost Horhay and Sirro?

I’m not so sure Kelepi has the same impact but we miss the attack and metre gaining efforts of Jorge, and the sumbline skills of Curtis.

Going to be a long , difficult and up and down year I feel!
The Facts is even before we lost Sirro and Kelepi we could only win against the substandard sides like the pathetic eels who have not won a game and the raiders who have only beaten the toothless bulldogs .
The cancer in our side is Trents passenger who continues to wear the number 6 .
I remember Trents persistence with Walker at 6 for the whole year where our team could never get its mojo and our season was fcked .
Proactive coaches are affective coaches
They identify an issue in a teams performance acknowledge it correct it and learn from it .

Tom was a big loss; however, the Tigers don’t have a Tom, or a Jake, or a DCE, or a Taupau, or a Walker, or an API - yet they have lost only one game (controversially) and beaten the Storm twice and the Roosters.

Their attitude has been on point since round 1 and has not let up yet. Their defensive structures are solid and they scramble really well in defence when a break is made - all of which is attitude and coaching.

We are young, but have some very talented players. With the right attitude and defensive structures - we could win the comp or go close.

5/8 needs to be Hastings to help our organisation; however, improvement in attitude and defence will make the biggest difference. Barrett needs to answer the call here.
Certainly go with the Attitude call - and the Tigers example...but I can't see them maintaining this lofty standard all season.
At least they have shown it and given their unexpecting fans something to cheer about, I mean win, lose or draw, if your team is gutsy and puts in....its hard to ask for more.
I am more putting the enthesis on Toms attacking ability and the drastic loss of threat with the ball without him on the field.....as for the Attitude -this reflects the defence and those who claim to be worried about the soft tries inside the red zone - I share that fear....

So far this season what stands out like dogs balls is .....
The top performing teams are engineered by their quality spine and Trents number 6 is crippling us .
untitled.png

Yeah, I think it is fair to say Tom is more than just a running full back in the side. He really was one of the halves against the raiders. When Tom is out it becomes clear Croker is just a really slow centre, who avoids handling the ball.

I must be slow .... I have only learnt one thing this year, and that is .... anybody that makes broad conclusive judgments based on a couple of weeks performances ... is likely to end up window licking, moon howling lip dribbling mad.

PSS @BOZO if you are going to quote old mate Jung regarding judging ... you really should stop doing it yourself .... you just make a fool of yourself and the 8000 posts of yours judging and bagging **** out of Manly players. Or is Jung correct and thinking is "difficult" for you .....

Give Walker another 6 weeks and he will be our other gun attacking option. We cannot underestimate the damage that ankle break did.

The difference in attack with Tom T is out, was obvious as it was frustrating last Sunday....
Early on there was some key second phase where Kapow and AFB popped offloads and the lurking Tom was not there and the play dies harmlessly.
I mean there was support and those players did make half breaks, but with Tom T it was 3 clean breaks early and a possible 2-3 tries.
Also on any wide block plays, there were 3 on 2 situations created where the defence is forced to make a decision with Turbo chiming in, yet the lack of pace without him allowed Titans to stand off - slide - and close down most attacking raids bar that early try.
Credit to DCE as a half who can run the ball well and BK out wide for his fancy feet, but the vibe in attack without Tom is massive and every team has players who add spark, but that game last week really captured his importance.
Even Api missed him when he got out quickly which he has really improved with, where he has had great success picking up Turbo on the fly, but still set a try up through the middle with a good dash picking his moment.
There were plenty of decent chances and field position yet until DCE broke away with an intercept, Manly didn't look like scoring apart from the Kelly dash/dropped ball in that 2nd half.
I also think the Taufua injury which happens to regularly has a far bigger impact than most and gets Manly on the front foot, but with tough footy and others willing to roll up the sleeves this can be somewhat compensated....the talent of Tom T's attack is the key if Manly are to shape up and be any threat at all in 2018.
Agree mate, Tom is to us what Radradra was to Parra.

I must be slow .... I have only learnt one thing this year, and that is .... anybody that makes broad conclusive judgments based on a couple of weeks performances ... is likely to end up window licking, moon howling lip dribbling mad.

PSS @BOZO if you are going to quote old mate Jung regarding judging ... you really should stop doing it yourself .... you just make a fool of yourself and the 8000 posts of yours judging and bagging **** out of Manly players. Or is Jung correct and thinking is "difficult" for you .....
PSS OFF Woodise . You make me laugh lol

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14