Nonu signed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
In recent months there had been specualtion that All Black Nonu wanted to cross to League, with Manly mentioned as a possibility. He's an outside back.

Well today he re-signed with the All Blacks to go through to the 2007 Rugby World Cup.

This is the bloke that is infamous for wearing eye shadow when he plays. Would have made a good replacement for Randall.

Off contract All Blacks who would be handy:

Adrian Cashmore, Dave Hewett, Xavier Rush, Carlos Spencer

Craig Innes (Glen's brother)
Matthew Ridge

I can handle All Blacks of that calibre.

Spencer, Rush or Cashmore would carve up!

Jonah Lomu at his peak on the wing for Manly at brookie would have looked pretty awesome.

I also think Wayne Shelford would have been a pretty handy forward in league in his day.

Craig Innes, Matthew Ridge, Michael O'Connor - 2 of the best Rah Rahs ever to play League. We have a history of turning Rah Rahs into good League players. We should make a SERIOUS play at Spencer. He won't get another look in at International level due to Carter. He would carve 'em up in League.

yeah we have a great history of it what with Sam Harris and a few of the other recent "converts"

We arent the same club who converted Ridge, innes and O'conner, that was a different time and a club in a much better position than us

yeah we have a great history of it what with Sam Harris and a few of the other recent \"converts\"

We arent the same club who converted Ridge, innes and O'conner, that was a different time and a club in a much better position than us

How can you compare Sam Harris with Ridge, Inness, O'Connor and Nonu?

[quote author=Daniel]
yeah we have a great history of it what with Sam Harris and a few of the other recent \"converts\"

[/quote]

:stupid:
:wall:

That is my point, you cant!!
These players were either always going to succeed or were well coached!, do you think new players would get the same calibre of coaching?

there are many players in union who would go great in league. would not matter if Bennett, Elliot or Hasler were coaching them.

Spencer is one who would do well although he has headed of to play in europe for some super I think, he is 29 from memory so cant blame him.

[quote author=woodstock premium reserve]
[quote author=Daniel]

[/quote]

These players were either always going to succeed or were well coached!, do you think new players would get the same calibre of coaching?
[/quote]

You're the dumbarse.

You use Harris as an example as to why we shouldn't get Union players. If another Ridge came along, you wouldn't get him because Harris failed. Haha, good one.

I still believe we are going to regret losing Harris - and he was a failed Waratah.

Dan - compare apples with apples please. A failed Waratah is not an All Black.

Spencer would be sensational but we wouldn't be able to compete with the pound sterling he can command. Those other lads would be handy though.

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=woodstock premium reserve]
[quote author=Daniel]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're the dumbarse.

You use Harris as an example as to why we shouldn't get Union players. If another Ridge came along, you wouldn't get him because Harris failed. Haha, good one.

[/quote]

oooohhh spiteful arent we sweetheart!

3 succesful players does not make a point, there are far more failed union converts than success stories.

There is no way any of them would come back from the money they are on in union and give their all for the pittance they get in league

I still believe we are going to regret losing Harris - and he was a failed Waratah.

Dan - compare apples with apples please. A failed Waratah is not an All Black.

Spencer would be sensational but we wouldn't be able to compete with the pound sterling he can command. Those other lads would be handy though.

You honestly think we have the coach and training staff to do this?

After all your articles and carry on it seems you havent been paying attentin to your own words!

I am sure you have posted that u dislike union Daniel and rarely watch the game. If this is the case how would you know who would or would not make it in league?

I watch enough to know who the players mentioned in this post are and dont think any would genuinely fit into this Manly team!

Just because they are good players, in another sport and another team doesnt mean they would fit into the style of play in every team and every similar sport!

I guess I was referring to your quote "rah rahs dont work in league".

of the subject slightly how good would have Toutai Kefu looked in a Manly jumper. IMO he would have killed it!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4