NON Manly games [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great game, though I didn't care who won.

At least neither team put on a 40 points differential score - we have lost touch at the moment.

I tell ya what, if they wanna make mid year rule changes, how about one that makes sense.. yes the game ended poorly when friend gifted then that idiotic penalty, but the rule book handed storm the win when cordner was ruled to knock it on when they were working their way out of their half..
If a bloke gets knocked senseless, gets up not knowing if he's Arthur or martha and knocks it on, why on earth isn't the game stopped, take him off, bring his replacement in to play the ball and off we go.. it wasn't a loose carry or a sloppy play the ball, storm were gifted the game because a bloke hit the surface in Brisbane and got to his feet in Disneyland to play the ball... that's just common sense.. replace him and play on..

How does the ref decide the game?
It‘s a penalty every day of the week...or at least it should be.
You’d be blowing up if the ref didn’t blow a penalty because it’s golden point, that’s what the player’s bank on.
I thought Klein had an average game and the chooks had the rub of the green all night so no probs from me.
Not sure which game you were watching. Storm still slowing the play the ball all night yet rarely penalised. Also only got back into it when Klein penalised Cordner from the kick off for “taking out” Vunivalu when all he did was stand his ground.
Also Finucane put the ball on the ground before he got up to play the ball for the match winning penalty.
As much as it burns how Roosters have such a strong squad but somehow within the cap, to me Melbourne are the biggest blight on the game in the last 25 years.

Good game, but result should have been Roosters 25 Storm 24. Very blatant knock on by Brandon Smith in play the ball before Papenhuyzen's field goal. There has been some howling errors by match officials since the resumption, e.g. Turbo's non forward pass v Eels, Raiders obvious forward pass that led to try late in Eels game, plus last night's knock on. Overall, very poor officiating for a professional competition!

Good game, but result should have been Roosters 25 Storm 24. Very blatant knock on by Brandon Smith in play the ball before Papenhuyzen's field goal. There has been some howling errors by match officials since the resumption, e.g. Turbo's non forward pass v Eels, Raiders obvious forward pass that led to try late in Eels game, plus last night's knock on. Overall, very poor officiating for a professional competition!

The play the ball is the biggest blight on todays game. Its gone back to those awful super league days when players rolled the ball between their legs. Surely that bunker can pick up obvious ones because there is no way that the ball was played properly to allow the drizzle to get that field goal!

Not sure which game you were watching. Storm still slowing the play the ball all night yet rarely penalised. Also only got back into it when Klein penalised Cordner from the kick off for “taking out” Vunivalu when all he did was stand his ground.
Also Finucane put the ball on the ground before he got up to play the ball for the match winning penalty.
As much as it burns how Roosters have such a strong squad but somehow within the cap, to me Melbourne are the biggest blight on the game in the last 25 years.

We can go back over every little thing if we like but the point I was responding to was the match winning penalty - i's a penalty everyday of the week whether it decides the match or not.
There are so many instances that could be deemed a butterfly effect but we have to move on.
The two you cited happen every game but, play the balls are a lottery too.

One instance I'll pull out is I think it was big Nelson did a desperate bootlace tackle on Tedesco and looked to me that he rolled away as soon as he could, you could see the effort. 5th tackle 20m out and Klein calls a set restart - Chooks score next set to lead at halftime. I have no idea why the ref called the way he did but that's one piece of the puzzle.

If we are nitpicking Tedesco technically wasn't held but got up and played the ball anyway in the lead up to Keary's field goal, could Klein have penalised him?

Both teams were inside the 10 all game, as are most sides every game, so much for the refs boss warning on a clampdown but that's the way it is.

I didn't think the Storm could match it with the Chooks without Munster but they never fail to surprise.

I don't like either team but it was a bloody good game.

Great game. Two very impressive teams.
We have some work to do if we want to match their high standards.

Great game. Two very impressive teams.
We have some work to do if we want to match their high standards.
A LOT of work I’d say.

As I said in another thread I reckon we would only be at 60% of those teams currently.

Until our two stars are back we are really going to be battling **** up hill to stay competitive.

I know they did it for the Raiders but that intensity is almost impossible to replicate week in week out.

We can go back over every little thing if we like but the point I was responding to was the match winning penalty - i's a penalty everyday of the week whether it decides the match or not.
There are so many instances that could be deemed a butterfly effect but we have to move on.
The two you cited happen every game but, play the balls are a lottery too.

One instance I'll pull out is I think it was big Nelson did a desperate bootlace tackle on Tedesco and looked to me that he rolled away as soon as he could, you could see the effort. 5th tackle 20m out and Klein calls a set restart - Chooks score next set to lead at halftime. I have no idea why the ref called the way he did but that's one piece of the puzzle.

If we are nitpicking Tedesco technically wasn't held but got up and played the ball anyway in the lead up to Keary's field goal, could Klein have penalised him?

Both teams were inside the 10 all game, as are most sides every game, so much for the refs boss warning on a clampdown but that's the way it is.

I didn't think the Storm could match it with the Chooks without Munster but they never fail to surprise.

I don't like either team but it was a bloody good game.
What you said x2... no idea what that 6 again was called for just b4 half time and Friend is an idiot- ref had to blow the penalty because he was slow to get back to marker and pushed the tackled player to do so (even if Storm player hadn't got to his feet properly before placing the ball)... great game with butterfly effects everywhere (eg. Why does JWH never get penalised for hands to the face or placing his forearm on the tacklers face when on the ground? Did it to Welch about 3 times at least last night)

Personally I thought that play should have been 6 again to storm for Tupou being too slow to let go and that would have become a penalty when smith knocked on (I agree that is a knock on 10/10)... would have made it 26-25 to Storm

Personally I thought that play should have been 6 again to storm for Tupou being too slow to let go and that would have become a penalty when smith knocked on (I agree that is a knock on 10/10)... would have made it 26-25 to Storm
Melbourne blatantly slowing the play the ball and referee ignores it. Eithe 3rd man falls on his own player and no intention of tackling the attacking player, or defender lies around in the ruck to slow the dummy half. And don’t tell me that they aren’t using arms around neck or head as much as JWH. Cheats of the highest order; always have been and always will be.

Has anyone on our team kicked a field goal apart from DCE?

He is a fine field goal kicker but it seems a foregone conclusion that the ball will go to him in a field goal situation, and the opposition know it. It is useful to have options.

I don't think anyone expected Papenhuyzen to get the ball in a set play and drill it over.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4