Non-Manly Games [Round 8, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's funny how perceptions change. A few years back I hated the dogs and storm with a passion and whilst I still do, I hate parra and Souths so much more. Seeing parra and Souths getting beat is nearly as good as watching the mighty maroon and white win.

It's funny how perceptions change. A few years back I hated the dogs and storm with a passion and whilst I still do, I hate parra and Souths so much more. Seeing parra and Souths getting beat is nearly as good as watching the mighty maroon and white win.

With me the only teams I hate are in my DNA, Parra and Cronulla, whilst hatred for Storm was an acquired taste.

With the others I seem to be personnel focused, for example, any team coached by Ricky Stuart, Trent Robinson. Also any team that Gallen, Bird, Josh Reynolds, Pearce or Ennis play for.

Catalans are going great. Gifty, Horo and Big Mase (20kg heavier at least ;)) leading the forwards with Carney directing the Team :clap:

And what about Dave Taylor! Are you allowed to eat angry pills over there? Dave looks like a new player over the past few weeks. Angry, aggressive and, well.....interested!

There'll be plenty of JUL playing tonight! (That would make me angry too, lol) but Willie likes it!!!

Last edited:
With me the only teams I hate are in my DNA, Parra and Cronulla, whilst hatred for Storm was an acquired taste.

With the others I seem to be personnel focused, for example, any team coached by Ricky Stuart, Trent Robinson. Also any team that Gallen, Bird, Josh Reynolds, Pearce or Ennis play for.

What about referees and linesmen Woodsie? What about Channel 9 commentators, Greenburg and unattractive pompom girls? Personally I hate paying a fortune to go to the games, pay another fortune for the drinks and food, sit in the rain and watch Manly get belted and have to put up with grinning opposition supporters leaving the ground. Gee I hate that. But that's just me.

What about referees and linesmen Woodsie? What about Channel 9 commentators, Greenburg and unattractive pompom girls? Personally I hate paying a fortune to go to the games, pay another fortune for the drinks and food, sit in the rain and watch Manly get belted and have to put up with grinning opposition supporters leaving the ground. Gee I hate that. But that's just me.

I think you are both spot on with everything you've mentioned, with the exception of the unattractive pompom girls. If you find any of the cheerleaders unattractive, that is a distinct sign that the beer prices are way too high, and this issue needs to be addressed immediately!

The worst thing about the Parra match last night is that BA has cried to the media about the Norman sin binning. It was the most obvious professional foul I have seen a long time, he pulled Morgan's shoulder back so obviously that it would have been a joke if he wasn't sent to the bin.
Agree 100%. Whilst I understand the ruling, I still think a penalty try was not out of the reckoning. But there was another Squeels player there who *may* have prevented the try.. However, what Norman did was a text book professional foul. Dalai having a whinge about it is just a typical response from a team who think that cheating is the norm..

I think you are both spot on with everything you've mentioned, with the exception of the unattractive pompom girls. If you find any of the cheerleaders unattractive, that is a distinct sign that the beer prices are way too high, and this issue needs to be addressed immediately!

Not the Manly pompom girls Woodsie. Now they are luscious I should have been less generic.

Sad frog did not enjoy the raiders v tigers game...

13012689_1030745240346570_6754996336872115935_n.jpg

Wow, glad you shared all that Bear, that's a lot of angst to carry on your own. Maybe a pair of existential undies like @Moondog will help.

Is there even such a thing as an unattractive pompom girl?

The worst thing about the Parra match last night is that BA has cried to the media about the Norman sin binning. It was the most obvious professional foul I have seen a long time, he pulled Morgan's shoulder back so obviously that it would have been a joke if he wasn't sent to the bin.
I think that's the best thing, I love to see that grub looking for ways to blame anyone but his own team, you should have a look at the one eyed eel site it's hilarious, the jaundiced view of the sin binning is the funniest stuff I've read anywhere and the calls for Hindmarsh to be banned from the club for life for stating the eels should not be allowed to play semi finals is beyond belief, hero to zero in one statement I love it, this mob are self destructing and it's pretty to watch.

Wow, glad you shared all that Bear, that's a lot of angst to carry on your own. Maybe a pair of existential undies like @Moondog will help.

Is there even such a thing as an unattractive pompom girl?

I was merely sharing the mood Woodsie. There were some, shall I say, less attractive pompom girls in the past. At Manly I think it was turned around when Mark Carroll's partner took over the reins of the Manly Cheergirls. Good lookers since then and the dancing became top rate.

Its like going to the beach and watching over weight women in bikinis or overweight men in budgies. I know because I'm one of those overweight men. I get scared that if I go to the beach scantily attired, some group may just come up, throw water on me and try to drag me back into the water.

Agree, days like that I think,
Why do I invite this sh*t into my life?
But, it's too late & the good days outweigh the bad. ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10