Non-Manly Games [Round 26, 2015] Dragons' Death Dance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And he's from the foot of the mountains too. Looks like he forgot his roots when he crossed the ANZAC bridge.

Oh he cheers for the Riff when they're winning. Last year he was salivating at the thought of both the Rorters and the Riff in the finals together.

lets see how many players they have to get rid of if they win the comp
Yes we're losing 2 nuffies in RTS and Maloney plus other fringe players. Last season we lost SBW, Mini and Frank-Paul from the 2013 season and other fringe players.
Like Simon said, a lot of our players were nobodies before coming to our club like RTS was a 19yo young All Black, SKD a backpacker on holiday, Moa unwanted by NRL clubs, Tukeiaho a player who wasn't making it at the warriors, Toupo not wanted by Parra, Aubbusson & Guerra fringe players at the Storm...the only players we signed as stars was Jennings...maybe fergo too.
I was listening to Talkin Sport a few weeks ago and they explained the salary cap and TPA for Dummies like me and to a Tigers fan who wondered why the Roosters managed to have many stars on their team while the hapless Tigers struggle every season and put simply, the cap is the same for all but the 3rd party isn't. The higher profile the club, the more brands want to be involved with them therefore are able to provide that extra incentive to attract quality players.

Its not only the 3rd party agreements that bring our success but I'll give credit to the coach too cause he's brought on a lot of young players that 2 seasons ago, you never heard of.

Yes we're losing 2 nuffies in RTS and Maloney plus other fringe players. Last season we lost SBW, Mini and Frank-Paul from the 2013 season and other fringe players.
Like Simon said, a lot of our players were nobodies before coming to our club like RTS was a 19yo young All Black, SKD a backpacker on holiday, Moa unwanted by NRL clubs, Tukeiaho a player who wasn't making it at the warriors, Toupo not wanted by Parra, Aubbusson & Guerra fringe players at the Storm...the only players we signed as stars was Jennings...maybe fergo too.
I was listening to Talkin Sport a few weeks ago and they explained the salary cap and TPA for Dummies like me and to a Tigers fan who wondered why the Roosters managed to have many stars on their team while the hapless Tigers struggle every season and put simply, the cap is the same for all but the 3rd party isn't. The higher profile the club, the more brands want to be involved with them therefore are able to provide that extra incentive to attract quality players.

Its not only the 3rd party agreements that bring our success but I'll give credit to the coach too cause he's brought on a lot of young players that 2 seasons ago, you never heard of.
It is not necessarily the first team where Easts use their financial muscle.

The amount of players the pinch from other clubs in the under 20 level is how they achieve this, 6 years ago they offered JWH double the amount of money our club did to retain him. The got a gem there.

You can call it strong management and great development. The roosters are a well run club but the money they have can entice a kid to join them and that is a big advantage they have.

ok Good point Roger,nice to see you back mate,lol

Zero, unlimited TPA's fix that , they can basically buy and keep whomever they want.
I also think that all these acronyms may have the salary cap investigators fooled. They still haven't worked out who Roger Tuavasa-Shek is, and they can't work out that SKD = Shaun Kenny-Dowel. Then they find out that JWH has done an ACL and they basically say "fark_this_sh*t.... Uncle Nik says it's cool, and that bag of money says it's cool.... So we are G2G"!!

I guess it's a case of a little jealousy, as you guys are the "Manly" of '07-'13. You lose top line players and have extremely solid depth to cover, but it's more seeing the commitment and effort your boys are turning up with: much like a "normal" Manly squad.

I reckon that IF they hold this form the Roosters *should* get the premiership. Too strong and perfectly suited to the current regulations. The biggest stumbling block will be whom Channel Nein wants to win. If they want the Donkeys to win they'll get the much vaunted "$ouffs Leg-Up" treatment from the whistled idiots..

Still think Roosters will get it though.

Right
We are all being tigers fans for 2 hours today!!
Come on boys do it for Robbie:):)
Our boys in the NSW Cup @ 4pm then tigers game!!

Mitch Rein must be looking for a Manly contract for next year I reckon.

We dont have enough hookers already anyway.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4