Non-Manly Games [Round 25, 2015] Dragons' Death Dance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If sharks play anything like today we will be comprehensively beaten next week , the hunger has gone out of the boys ( they are just looking forward to there end of season trips)
Sharks will win today by 36-14
Next week expect a Simliar scoreline

Last edited:
If sharks play anything like today we will be comprehensively beaten next week , the hunger has gone out of the boys ( they are just looking forward to there end of season trips)
Sharks will today by 36-14
Next week expect a Simliar scoreline
If the boys couldn't turn up against Parra with our season on the line, then couldn't turn up last night with everything to play for including finals hopes, Tooves's last game at Brookvale, as well as a few of them playing their own last games at Brookvale... Well why would they bother when it means diddly squat?

Next weeks attitude will be the most piss poor all season, God knows it could be anything!

50+ in my opinion, zero to play for and the likely resting of Skivvy and possible injury to Killer.

56-4 or similar

Wow look at Parra 26-22 kick to come over Sharks. Wow.
You just never know where these late season surges come from, and who capitulates.
Lets pray for a Saints capitulation. GC by 30, then Tiges by 30 over them :nod:
NYEagle

So Doesntmatta, with absolutely nada to play for " almost" upset one of the top 4 and knock a top 8 contender out of the race.

Perhaps the Dalai has something after all!

When Manly turn up, on their day they can beat any one, problem is we cant sustain it, enough throughout the season. Not very consistent and when we don't get off to good starts that fire they can play with , dies pretty quick.

Surely the thing about the Parra loss is now we finish ahead of them for the year? Unless there's something like an 80 point turnaround in the last round?

When Manly turn up, on their day they can beat any one, problem is we cant sustain it, enough throughout the season. Not very consistent and when we don't get off to good starts that fire they can play with , dies pretty quick.
Bang on mate. We can play as well as anyone in bursts but we can't do it consistently all year. Hasler was great at getting us to start our winning run at the right time, I'm hoping Trent can do something similar.

Wow look at Parra 26-22 kick to come over Sharks. Wow.
You just never know where these late season surges come from, and who capitulates.
Lets pray for a Saints capitulation. GC by 30, then Tiges by 30 over them :nod:
NYEagle
In all honesty I'd rather miss the top 8 than get in due to the misfortune of others. The last two weeks have proven that the 2015 squad is missing that mental hardness that usually personifies a team wearing that Sea Eagle on their chest. Yes, we can beat anyone on our day, but we damn well should be able to beat teams like Parramatta, Penrith etc on a BAD day.

Once again, @Mark from Brisbane is correct (will you stop that Mark!!): the losses to rubbish teams is what has cruelled our season....the one pointers to average sides that should not have been within 20 frikken points.

Deep.....breath........breathe......juuuuust breathe.....in......annnnnnd........out.......

Phew.... Massive rant narrowly avoided ;)

In all honesty I'd rather miss the top 8 than get in due to the misfortune of others. The last two weeks have proven that the 2015 squad is missing that mental hardness that usually personifies a team wearing that Sea Eagle on their chest. Yes, we can beat anyone on our day, but we damn well should be able to beat teams like Parramatta, Penrith etc on a BAD day.

Once again, @Mark from Brisbane is correct (will you stop that Mark!!): the losses to rubbish teams is what has cruelled our season....the one pointers to average sides that should not have been within 20 frikken points.

Deep.....breath........breathe......juuuuust breathe.....in......annnnnnd........out.......

Phew.... Massive rant narrowly avoided ;)
Wonder if that's how the scumos feel about us this year

I read somewhere once ( it related to Golf but could be any major sport ) that the difference in ability between the top players is simply attitude.

Referencing say Tennis , there's bugger all between player 1 and 10 in ability , with the exception that players 1 and 2 have the ability to think out their wins.

Attitude won those games against the Donkeys & the Vermin, and lack of attitude lost the last two games.

It's like the Sharks today, at 28-22 they didn't panic, at 28-28 they didn't panic, they knew exactly what to do, get it down field and kick a FG.

Manly's attitude has been **** all year, bar a couple of games.

I'm happy that we didn't win the spoon, but I must say given the attitude of most of the team I'm surprised we didn't.

The clean out had to come , I just don't think the replacements at this point will change much, but it's only early days!!

I read somewhere once ( it related to Golf but could be any major sport ) that the difference in ability between the top players is simply attitude.

Referencing say Tennis , there's bugger all between player 1 and 10 in ability , with the exception that players 1 and 2 have the ability to think out their wins.

Attitude won those games against the Donkeys & the Vermin, and lack of attitude lost the last two games.

It's like the Sharks today, at 28-22 they didn't panic, at 28-28 they didn't panic, they knew exactly what to do, get it down field and kick a FG.

Manly's attitude has been **** all year, bar a couple of games.

I'm happy that we didn't win the spoon, but I must say given the attitude of most of the team I'm surprised we didn't.

The clean out had to come , I just don't think the replacements at this point will change much, but it's only early days!!

Agree. As long as we maintain the Manly culture (which ironically, seems to have gone missing the last 2 weeks). I'll always remember the quote from Glen stewert to Horo when he first came over to Manly from Parra and dropped a simple pass in a training drill. Stewert came over, tapped him on the shoulder and said mate, lift your game, don't know how it is at parra, but at Manly we expect better!

Same culture Mason said he felt was at the club when he turned up, but sadly seems to have gone missing of late. I watched Souths on friday get smashed, but Glen was still trying the whole game, sadly I still think that kind of leadership hasn't been replaced - especially with the forwards

And that has a hell of a lot to do with how the playing group interacts and responds to the coaches.
And what shortcuts the playing group think they can get away with.

Lets hope Barrett has the formula to get the players wanting to die for him and their mates on the field.

That is culture, and the basis of success.

And again the Knights with Nada to play for almost upset a competition heavy weight.

Attitude, great attitude , something our rabble lack totally !!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4