Non-Manly Games [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am totally confused with vid ref over-rules these days. We saw a lot of it early in the season, then it seamed to stop completely after a backlash... and now it seems to be popping up again. When can and can't they over-rule the on-field refs?
I was going to start a thread about these reverse decisions, it is obviously allowed however not once from memory has manly ever had a wrong decision overturned after conclusive video evidence
Again last night this happened with a decision that should have been overturned after the replay, but nooooo

Arthur has now scored a hat trick of missing the finals. He has also been involved in systematic cheating and made some of the worst recruitment decisions in the history of the game. Eg Watmough on a 4 year multi million dollar deal not to mention Foran. He also has presided over a record number of star players walking away from the club or completely losing the plot. I seriously don't get the love affair with him.

Have a look at the 17 that took the field today for Parra. How many of them before the season would you have thought would make the top 17 at Manly?
Maybe one?
And yet they are still competitive.
Please explain?

Have a look at the 17 that took the field today for Parra. How many of them before the season would you have thought would make the top 17 at Manly?
Maybe one?
Please explain?
He's a Svengali.

Maybe one?
Please explain?

Gordon
Jennings
Robson
Mannah
Scott
Moeroa
Terepo

All would have started in our top 17 at the start of the year

Gordon
Jennings
Robson
Mannah
Scott
Moeroa
Terepo

Gordon/ Jennings / Scott/ Moeroa / Terepo yes, no thanks to Mannah and Robson would be a fair back up half.

But I agree many more than one

Gordon
Jennings
Robson
Mannah
Scott
Moeroa
Terepo

Disagree.
Gordon V Stewart (not at the start of the year)
Jennings V Matai & Lyon (you'd squeeze him in on the wing)
Robson V Cherry-Evans? (you are joking)
Mannah V Myles, Lussick, Lawrence etc (no way)
Scott - yes, better than Brown
Moeroa and Terepo? Possibly in the mix but more likely under the guidance of Willow.
My point is that they don't have the 'superstars' that we have/had and yet they are still playing good footy.

Arthur has now scored a hat trick of missing the finals. He has also been involved in systematic cheating and made some of the worst recruitment decisions in the history of the game. Eg Watmough on a 4 year multi million dollar deal not to mention Foran. He also has presided over a record number of star players walking away from the club or completely losing the plot. I seriously don't get the love affair with him.

You should put that in a letter to RLW and see if they publish it.

That was my immediate concern, yes. But then I look in the mirror and think.......

C'mon....why would she want to trade in such a fine specimen, with so much experience like myself, for a young buck full of youthful energy?

Dammit, @Jethro !! Now I'm worried again! :mad:
Show her the vision of our lovely plodder Starlo running down Mamo in 2014 :giggle:

Mamo had nothing @:D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8