NON-Manly games: [Round 13, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gus said it. Melbourne playing fast and strong. I agree. I hate Melbourne but they are playing very strong footy. Would love Manly to get back to playing like that, it's good to watch.
What ever great system a great coach has in place . You still need a quality playing roster to carry it through and the Storm have a quality roster boasting speed size and skill
The Incomparable Immortal has always said you need the right cattle to have success

so tell me how does our recruiting get it so wrong. roosters got a 26 winger played 20 games probably on min wage and is better than jorge elliot and garrick. i cant believe these 3 are the best we can get. even with no money

To be honest api wasnt that good for us. When fainu came on we became a completely different team. A real attacking force. Thats why we let api go. We had a better 80 minute player that we could win the comp with..... sigh!

no doubt fainu was good last year but how much of that was due to coming on after api. was he gonna have the same impact as an 80 min player. and after making 80 min worth of tackles that a 9 has to make.

What ever great system a great coach has in place . You still need a quality playing roster to carry it through and the Storm have a quality roster boasting speed size and skill
The Incomparable Immortal has always said you need the right cattle to have success
Could you imagine Jorge Tafua or Elliot in that side, would look so out of place.

Vinavatu leaps and catches everything, Jorge would just stand there and watch

no doubt fainu was good last year but how much of that was due to coming on after api. was he gonna have the same impact as an 80 min player. and after making 80 min worth of tackles that a 9 has to make.
Faniu was good, very good. I use to yell for API to be hooked as nothing happened when he was on the field, all points came when Faniu started to get his hands on the ball, but still a very valid point. Faniu came on when the opposition forwards would have been tiring.

Could you imagine Jorge Tafua or Elliot in that side, would look so out of place.

your post sorta proves a point dont it. tell which teams that jorge or elliot wouldnt look out of place in. neither of them are currently good enough to be playing at this level.

They'd probably do all right. I don't know he does it, but Bellamy gets the absolute best out of anyone he slots into his side. Remember Cheyse Blair? And now Brenko Lee - Brenko Lee! - looks like an above-average NRL player.

We seem too slow, and I think that has more to do with our current players.

Our back row is terribly slow and ineffective ATM.

Remember when we had Glen and Watmough. They we're relentless. Played hard and strong for 80 mins
Bit harsh there on Siro mate......he’s been strong & one of our best!

They'd probably do all right. I don't know he does it, but Bellamy gets the absolute best out of anyone he slots into his side. Remember Cheyse Blair? And now Brenko Lee - Brenko Lee! - looks like an above-average NRL player.

so mate you saying a good coach could make jorge and elliot play better. be careful fella that sorta post might be seen as anti des and you gonna get binned

Another couple of young guys debut for roosters and look the part. We are being left behind. If our three quarter line is Tafua Parker Suli Garrick next year it won’t make any difference if Fainu and Tom play. They are just so far off the pace as a unit ( Suli is worth staying with individually).

Roosters are looking pretty fallible right now. Keary might be gone for the season.

They have a great system down there but if if a player isn't doing their job they dont persist with them for too long. You just don't hear about the ones who aren't because they dont pick them, or they dont pay big money for unproven players in their system. Myles for instance. That new Roosters winger- doubt Taufua scores untouched from the same position.

I think any team that gets more out of Taufua than we are would be getting him on the juice.

Last edited:
Brutal game again with injuries tonight. Atleast Jorge won’t be having nightmares with Vunivalu in a fortnight, looks to have a broken jaw. Usually has a field day against him!

The Brisbane Broncos' tumultuous season has gone from bad to worse with young star Xavier Coates suffering a suspected foot injury in training.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2