NON-Manly games: [Round 13, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parra MAY have just saved our arse there. No doubt we have to improve 1000% but if we do manage to get our sh*t together then it'll be the gummies and vermin we'll be battling with.

The Gummies have some good talent in the team. For a team that was in all sorts of drama pre-COVID-19.

A couple of guys (Wilton and Rinaldo) from the under 18 origin game in 2018.

Refs have been appalling this year. Cleary was right, I watched that game with one of my mates and he is a Penrith supporter and told him now you know how I feel each week. Penrith were on the end of some shockers, same today I cannot work out when these 6 to go calls come out. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to most of the other tackles in the game.

Hate the rule, was only a trial for this year. Don't want to see it next year. Either does Jake I bet

Refs have been appalling this year. Cleary was right, I watched that game with one of my mates and he is a Penrith supporter and told him now you know how I feel each week. Penrith were on the end of some shockers, same today I cannot work out when these 6 to go calls come out. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to most of the other tackles in the game.

Hate the rule, was only a trial for this year. Don't want to see it next year. Either does Jake I bet

6 again rule shouldn't be for holding down too long, because some refs call it quicker than others, which makes the rule a debacle.

Should be used just for the markers not square and hand on the ball.

Surely that was a double movement? Horsehead! If that was Manly definitely no try
Parra really are getting the saloon passage, didn’t concede a penalty from the 7th minute!
Screenshot_20200809-202347_Samsung Internet.jpg

I said i wonder how the nrl will get parra over the line this week... have a read. Did you watch the game? Filthy cheats

As per other posts.. but now with a shiny new source!

ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys told AAP on Sunday that Cleary's comments were "deplorable".

"There has to be a financial deterrent for it. You can't question people's integrity, no matter what. What he did yesterday is one of the most disappointing things I have seen while chairman," he said.

"This was straight to the integrity of the referee.

"If anyone thinks the NRL is going to tolerate their employees being abused like that, they've got something coming."

Of course v'lamedays doesn't mind telling every fan in the game bar the roosters that we only complain because "it's the roosters" thus questioning the integrity and well eyesight of every one of those fans.

Also it's much easier and lucrative to just squeal like a fat pig when someone calls out the refs. " An extra 10k (min) for the pig trough" they all squeal with glee.

Meanwhile a truckload of cash is spent every year on 'salary cap auditing' which always produces nada unless someone on the inside self reports...or the c.e.o of the game decides to change accepted use of the English language.

edit: Anyway Cleary just said "He felt" he didn't say they were so he should tell politis or is it vlandys... hard to tell them apart....tell them to go jump.

Last edited:
It’s the age old rule that you can’t question the referee’s integrity. I get that. But if I was a player I’d be pissed off when a referee questions my integrity by yelling “milking” when I wasn’t. The way I see it, when referee’s accuse a player of milking they are implying the player is trying to cheat.

v'lamedays probably used to how well the racing industry keeps their corruption in house and was caught out when someone actually mentioned the nrl b/s publicly.

you know.. 'allegedly'.

V'landys is going out of his way to lose the goodwill he bought himself by getting the NRL up and running again. Typical NRL reactionary bull****, and he seems overly concerned to always appear as a tough guy.
I posted a few months ago that most CEOs struggle with the transition to Chairman and that Abdo was CEO in name only. It's interesting that we only really hear from V'Landys now. He'd be better off, now that the competition is up and running, to step back a little and let Abdo be the voice on these types of matters. But that is impossible for V'Landys - he is a narcissist just like Todd (just a considerably more competent one).

View attachment 15068
I said i wonder how the nrl will get parra over the line this week... have a read. Did you watch the game? Filthy cheats
Actually the ridiculous thing is that knock backs are almost always called knock ons. That ball went back.
Our game is so ****ed up that Brandy was blowing up not because it went forward but because they are always called forward despite going back.Hence the “ there are not many knock backs these days”.
It just shows the lazy pathetic refereeing standards that have developed over the years. Call everything a knock on and no one complains.And the commentators end up buying into it too.
It is a blight on the game.

How can they rule that sharks player offside from that kick. If they can do that then they should be able to rule on forward passes

Agree totally, don't know why the can't drop a line on the screen like they do in the swimming etc, I think they do it in the ESL.
That was so marginal it should have been benefit of the doubt, it can't be conclusive with the vision shown.
An anomaly with the offside rule was shown in the Souffs game, Reynolds was offside when it was kicked but because the kicker marginally got in front of him for a split second that put him back onside - TRY
If the kicker gets tackled or takes a bump to impede his progress he has no way of putting his chasers onside so is denied the opportunity.

If that Brendan Elliot dropped catch a few weeks back was ruled as a knock- on, then everything is a knock-on now.

It literally went 2m backwards after he touched it, then another 4m backwards after it hit the ground.

If that Brendan Elliot dropped catch a few weeks back was ruled as a knock- on, then everything is a knock-on now.

It literally went 2m backwards after he touched it, then another 4m backwards after it hit the ground.
Funny how the bunker didn't say anything when it was so obvious. Poor Elliot his face hahaha

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4