Nofoaluma was short

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
strone33 said:
Looks short to me, right call

They ruled a Matai 'no try' last year that was much more of a try than that last night & Toovey called it ridiculous.

Just seen last night's try again on Fox News. Hayne was in the in goal & barely 2 m away from the supposed try. Why should he call for a video replay when he knew full well what he saw was no try?

The same media crying about last night are the same ones criticising NRL referees for not backing themselves on calls.

bones said:
Ralphie said:
strone33 said:

This photo was published by the DT who would have loved to prove it was a try. That photo shows it was short and it is the best they could come up with.

Clearly a no try.

If they used a photo from a couple of frames later it would be a clear 'try'. Still photos prove nothing.

Ok then, show me the photo a couple of frames on. If it did show a try then the DT would have taken great pleasure in publishing it. My guess is, that photo is the closest they can get to proving a try and it just doesn't.

The ref was looking straight at it. Birds eyes view.
He had every right to make the live call there.
NYEagle

They showed just a single, full speed replay from the open side and the ball looked clearly short of the line. On top of this the ball was angled towards the corner post, which gives the viewer the impression that it was touching the line when seen from the near side (the view from which the still posted above was lifted) and forced as he rolled his hand off the ball before losing control...

If it was ruled a try, there's no_way_possible it would have been over rules by the vidiots... Even Luke Patten's crazy eye would've seen fit to award it!

Blowing up at Hayne is ridiculous: the touchy asserted it was short and as much as I dislike Hayne he was unsighted and relied on the touchy's advice... Hayne's mistake was not referring it upstairs, which he definately SHOULD have done, with a no-try recommendation based on the touch judge's call.

FWIW, I thought it WAS a try and wouldn't have blown up if it was awarded.

The real victim here is common sense, with many alleged "experts" claiming that the Tigpies would have romped away with it after a streaky try early in the game.

Did they forget that it was Manly they were playing... At fortress Brookvale?? FMD we were alway gunna win, the question was never an "if"..... More of a "how many".

My 2c :)

Ralphie said:
bones said:
Ralphie said:
strone33 said:

This photo was published by the DT who would have loved to prove it was a try. That photo shows it was short and it is the best they could come up with.

Clearly a no try.

If they used a photo from a couple of frames later it would be a clear 'try'. Still photos prove nothing.

Ok then, show me the photo a couple of frames on. If it did show a try then the DT would have taken great pleasure in publishing it. My guess is, that photo is the closest they can get to proving a try and it just doesn't.

The ball definitely strikes the ground short of the line and ends up on the line.

The issue is the legality of how it made that translation. Was there momentum involved ? Was there separation ? Did he have constant control over the ball ?

I would have been fine with it being awarded (probably because we went on to win). I don't think you could claim that crediting him with a try would have constituted a refereeing howler.

I'm more concerned with Farah being able to say that an official's arrogance clouds the way he referees. 10 large anyone ?

bones said:
Ralphie said:
bones said:
Ralphie said:
strone33 said:

Clearly a no try.

All good and well Bones, but he had lost control at that stage. His hand is clearly down the lower side. No control = no try.

bob dylan said:
Thought it was try.

If it was Matai putting the ball down GF day I want that paid.

Matai put one down against Souths last year, it looked like a try, smelt like a try, everyone thought it was a try except the referee and video refs.

Peter C said:
Matai put one down against Souths last year, it looked like a try, smelt like a try, everyone thought it was a try except the referee and video refs.
Yes!
It was a ridiculous decision - made 2v famous on Youtube :p

I get it now.
If it's disallowed and it's against Manly, it's the wrong call.
If it's disallowed and it's against the opposing team, it's the right call.

Plus - its the lead story on all News channels for days :huh:

The 2013 GF forward pass try is still to be highlighted, analyzed or acknowledged :mad: That was actually a Match turner.

Thought it was a try at the game

watched the replay, thought it was a try

looked at the still, thought it was a try.

hand never left the ball as it rolled onto the line, it wasn't just a finger nail like in the past.

Put the manly test on it and I thought it was worthy of illegal threats to Hayne over.

Fluffy said:
Thought it was a try at the game

watched the replay, thought it was a try

looked at the still, thought it was a try.

hand never left the ball as it rolled onto the line, it wasn't just a finger nail like in the past.

Put the manly test on it and I thought it was worthy of illegal threats to Hayne over.

Fluffy, the ball rolled, that constitutes a knock on whether his had left it or not, without the ground there he has no control, same as cricket, you can't use the ground to control the ball, doing so is a knock on. It's like a player rolling it forward in a play the ball.

If the ball didn't roll and and he was controlling it then it's fine but in this case it was rolled as Hayne said live and that is why it was ruled a knock on and we had a scrum rather than a penalty for double movement, play the ball or 20m restart it was knocked on a few centimeters from the line and therefor scrum on the 10m mark.

Anyway bring Nofoaluma's height into the debate just seems wrong

HappilyManly said:
Plus - its the lead story on all News channels for days :huh:

The 2013 GF forward pass try is still to be highlighted, analyzed or acknowledged :mad: That was actually a Match turner.

Too true

bones said:
I get it now.
If it's disallowed and it's against Manly, it's the wrong call.
If it's disallowed and it's against the opposing team, it's the right call.

About time you worked it out bones.......:p

Try or not. I was actually pretty impressed with Nofoaluma's game. He looked like he was going to make a linebreak with nearly every touch of the ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4