No Whare or Foran named in the cup side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagle1188

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No Whare or Foran was named in the cup side to take on Cronulla at
Toyota Stadium on Sunday.
It will be interesting to see who will replace Lussick (if Stewart doesn't play).If these guys are playing on Sunday who will be the replacement if needed.
Also can anyone tell me what has happened to Liam Roach
1. Scott Blanch
2. Ben Shorter
3. Michael Oldfield
4. Rhys Wollaghan
5. Domenic Nasso
6. Ben Falcone
7. Gary Riccardi
8. George Rose
9. Liam Higgins
10. Tim Robinson
11. Jason Annear
12. Tim Burrell
13. Sebastian Volous

14. Kyle Lodge
15. James Cunningham
16. Magnus Stromquist
17. Junior Palau

DSM5 said:
That's a pretty good bench.

I agree DSMS, there is some very good young talent, I like watching Palau & Cunningham play, Palau is a big strong runner (around 191cm tall & 115kg), another player to watch is Tim Burrell, could play lock if needed

Liam Roach is dual registered with the Entrance and is able to be selected for Manly NSW Cup.

Tim Wynn quit when he was "rotated" into the Manly A grade comp.

Ernie , you know whats happening with Michael McDougall there was big wraps on him at the start of the season ??

Stevie said:
Ernie , you know whats happening with Michael McDougall there was big wraps on him at the start of the season ??

Yeah, he's gone to Union with Eastwood

Eagle1188 said:
I agree DSMS, there is some very good young talent, I like watching Palau & Cunningham play, Palau is a big strong runner (around 191cm tall & 115kg), another player to watch is Tim Burrell, could play lock if needed

Well I would hope Palau pulls his finger out.

So far Stevie Wonder could map out the opportunity thats in front of him better than Juniour. Needs to get busy and quick.

Palau has been around for years with very few calls ups

I think he is in the category of "OMFG WTF LAST PLAYER ON DEPTH CHART"

Junior Palau has the size and maybe just needs the chance to show it. He played a couple of trials and went well. He's 24 and fingers crossed he can get a shot. It's not like our forwards are carving teams up (especially off the bench) He couldn't be much worse than Skinner, or even Robinson. His defence (lateral) isn't the greatest (big guy) but he can really make some big yards (as mentioned on here before) I'd love to see him get a chance but sadly may not happen.

Some history on Junior, he was a typical top junior (due to size) but got cut down with 2 bad injuries in his teens (like Whare) He was with Roosters but they cut him. Junior turned up at Manly and played some real stands out games but 2 years ago he did his knee?? again up at Windsor. My mate Rob rang me from there and said Palau is in big trouble, ambulance called.
It's a shame because he is big (cheap) and I'd say maybe his last chance this year as he has been with us for around 4 years now.

Dean Whare: I saw with Saints in Matthews a few years ago. He absolutely destroyed Manly with some of the most scintillating runs and tries in junior footy. I remember saying this kid could be anything and wish we had him. About 2 years later he did his knee?? and never really came back. I have never seen someone so fast off the mark that day!! Manly literally couldn't tackle him.

Tim Burrell: 2nd row: Big wraps again!! Ex Doggies and Roosters kid: Another bad injury and we get him. It seems a trend. We take the top juniors who get injured. It's a good risk as they have the talent and waiting to see if they can get back to injury free. Burrell is a huge kid with lots of ball skill. I did read a post that he doesn't put in but hopefully he can kick on.

Darren said:
Junior Palau has the size and maybe just needs the chance to show it. He played a couple of trials and went well. He's 24 and fingers crossed he can get a shot. It's not like our forwards are carving teams up (especially off the bench) He couldn't be much worse than Skinner, or even Robinson. His defence (lateral) isn't the greatest (big guy) but he can really make some big yards (as mentioned on here before) I'd love to see him get a chance but sadly may not happen.

Some history on Junior, he was a typical top junior (due to size) but got cut down with 2 bad injuries in his teens (like Whare) He was with Roosters but they cut him. Junior turned up at Manly and played some real stands out games but 2 years ago he did his knee?? again up at Windsor. My mate Rob rang me from there and said Palau is in big trouble, ambulance called.
It's a shame because he is big (cheap) and I'd say maybe his last chance this year as he has been with us for around 4 years now.

Dean Whare: I saw with Saints in Matthews a few years ago. He absolutely destroyed Manly with some of the most scintillating runs and tries in junior footy. I remember saying this kid could be anything and wish we had him. About 2 years later he did his knee?? and never really came back. I have never seen someone so fast off the mark that day!! Manly literally couldn't tackle him.

Tim Burrell: 2nd row: Big wraps again!! Ex Doggies and Roosters kid: Another bad injury and we get him. It seems a trend. We take the top juniors who get injured. It's a good risk as they have the talent and waiting to see if they can get back to injury free. Burrell is a huge kid with lots of ball skill. I did read a post that he doesn't put in but hopefully he can kick on.

Thanks for the info Darren that was great, I can say Burrell has been playing good footy lately, wouldn't mind seeing him come of the bench for 1st, I think he would step up to the mark

I agree, Burrell has something about him. He's a smart footy player who I'ver seen with lots of ballskill and can hit a gap. He's kicked a bit too.

Darren said:

Geez your making it sound like Whare is washed up.

Out of interest sake, does anybody know if we are going to be spending our maximum in the lower grades next year. We've done extremely well in regards to junior development of late....but it would be nice to know that we can compete with other clubs going forward.

Been hearing things about Palau for years now yet he's a regular benchie in ressies so he's not exactly carving it up, is he?
And it's not like he's killing it when he gets on either.
I think his shot at NRL is a long way away if at all.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8