No One Likes us & I DO CARE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I am a Wests Tigers fan and I don't hate Manly at all! I'm even a former Magpie supporter from the old 'fibros vs silvertails' days and yes there may have been a fair bit of hatred towards Manly back then because of their big spending ways, but things have changed a lot and I think it's high time people moved on. Roy Masters' psychology has a lot to answer for! LOL

Also, I wouldn't take any notice of the Terrorgraph. Stupid paper with gutter journalists, who seem to delight in trying to bring the game down, rather than promoting it. They also attempt to destabilise my team every year, without fail, and it very nearly worked this year - was not happy!

Just one thing I disagree with though - I don't know where some of you get the idea that everyone is jealous of Manly because they're the most successful club. Somewhat successful, yes, but hardly the most - there would be quite a few ahead of you I would think - Melbourne, St Geo and Brisbane come to mind and if we really look at it, honestly, Souths are still the most successful club for winning premierships. I guess it depends on your definition of success.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I wish Manly the best of luck in the GF whoever you play - I'm hoping Warriors just for something different. Melbourne is one team I have never endeared myself to - possibly because their introduction meant my old team's (Magpies) demise, who knows. Whoever you end up playing, there is no reason why Manly can't beat them and take the premiership out this year. You have a very, very good team, who are great to watch.

Cheers,
League Fan

PS Can we please have your halfback next year? :D

Are ****ing serious how can you call Melbourne successful 1 premiership since 1998 wtf. You can't recongise their efforts from 06-09 because they systematically cheated.

Cambo said:
Are f**king serious how can you call Melbourne successful 1 premiership since 1998 wtf. You can't recongise their efforts from 06-09 because they systematically cheated.

Let it go. The guy comes on to say some nice things and you want to go off half-cocked like that?

Phantar said:
Cambo said:
Are f**king serious how can you call Melbourne successful 1 premiership since 1998 wtf. You can't recongise their efforts from 06-09 because they systematically cheated.
mate I probAbly should left the first bit out but it's true am tired of the scum getting credit for the years they cheated

Let it go. The guy comes on to say some nice things and you want to go off half-cocked like that?

Mr daughter's primary school held a 'come dressed in your team's colors day' on Friday. She tells me a number of boys who previously showed up in Storm colors this time showed up in maroon and white.

I read in the Manly Daily that twice as many young blokes showed up to trial for the Sea Eagles junior teams this year. Every young boy wants to be Fozzy or Cherry.

The Sea Eagles are winning the hearts of young players across the country.

Ralphie said:
Perhaps the club needs to have a meeting with Mr Gallup and his News Limited bosses and point out the effect such publicity has on Manly Supporters that are kids.

I don't have the answer, but I really think it's time to say enough is enough. Such fostering of hatred will one day have serious consequences for some Manly fan, of that I have no doubt. It has gone beyond competitive banter, this week the comments sections of each of the internet media outlets has demonstrated a level of pure hatred that cannot be justified or condoned.

A meeting with Gallop is not the answer as he is part of the problem. He is a News ltd stooge and as such is protected by their newspapers. You only need to look at the way the so called journalists from these papers have systematically targeted us simply because we dare to speak out against Gallop and his treatment of our club.

The sooner we have a truly independant commission the better. And I can't see it being independant while Gallop is still part of it.

As for the love I feel from other supporters, well - they can lick my balls because we're on our way to the big show!

Seriously, when I was little I started supporting Manly mainly because of Bozo and our cool looking jerseys. As time went on I began to feel the hate. I have to say at this point that unless you supported our club through the 70s and 80s you really have NFI how bad the hatred was. It was absolutely awesome. This had a galvanising effect on Manly supporters I knew. It was us against the world and it still is. I loved it then and I love it now. My favourite time of the week is every Wednesday afternoon when I am in the clubhouse after my weekly round of golf - beer in hand wearing my 2011 Member's cap. Bring it on! :D

Hi I am a Roosters fan (posting under my husbands username on here!) He is a mad Manly Fan and has been since he was about 4 in the 70's. However I also go for Manly (but only if they are not playing the Roosters!) and have to agree that a lot of people don't like them but then again a lot do. There are many supporters in SE Qld, they just happen to be overran by the mad dog Broncos supporters and by the by in Qld you only get good publicity if you are Brisbane Broncos - the other 2 teams are not often mentioned! I also agree that the Media as a whole treat Manly rather poorly but would like to point out that my darling Roosters also get a raw deal from the Media whores. Read our Forum (the chook pen) we're always whinging about the way they only do beatups on our alcoholic impaired players like we are the only club with players that drink - hheelllloooo!!! Anyway, hold your heads high, you guys have done well, your Club is a proud and majestic one and my Mad Manly Member Hubby and I shall be wearing the maroon and white with pride on Sunday! GO MANLY - PREMIERS 2011!!! (touching wood here to negate bad karma!!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6