• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thu 23 Feb, 2017, 5:10pm
By Martin Gabor ‌, National Correspondent , NRL.com

New Sea Eagles skipper Daly Cherry-Evans says there will be no excuses at Lottoland this season as the northern beaches club looks to snap a two-year absence from the finals.

Having been a mainstay in the post-season every year from 2005 to 2014, the Sea Eagles had their top-eight streak broken with a ninth-place finish in 2009 before they slumped to 13th last season in what was their lowest finish since 2004.

Their cause wasn't helped by a ridiculous injury list that restricted club stalwarts Steve Matai and Brett Stewart to just eight and 11 games respectively, while former skipper Jamie Lyon managed 17 appearances in his final NRL season.

excuses.jpg

Read more at: http://www.nrl.com/no-more-excuses-for-manly-dce/tabid/10874/newsid/104005/default.aspx

Snake and Matai will be restricted to zero games this year but greenkunt will make sure they are on the books.

DCE needs to stop talking to the media and just get on with it. The words that come into my mind every time I read a newspaper interview with him is "shut the fock up and just do it."

Reassuring words from DCE to the fans
DCE has proven to be a premier player on his day
2017 with the (c) next to his name and injury free will bring the best in him

Good to see that Martin has recovered from the loss of his great aunt, Zsa Zsa.

Looking forward to reading about the goings on in the Hungarian Rugby League.

Fact is Thurston /Cronk would have struggled last season behind the crippled 2016 Manly squad.....he tried TOO hard at times and hopefully in 2017 wont be needed to do the hitups in Ugly area's of the field and get carried off.
Besides these common but fair excuses, there are a couple of factors I hope he can improve....really is a confidence player and hope he can add some steel in this area, along with decision making when a game is on the line - To become the Great player he potentially can, needs to grab the tight game by the scruff of the neck and prove he is our matchwinner.

I know right?

What on Earth is the club captain doing talking to the media????

Horrible stuff.....

I know. In response to direct question....how dare you DCE. He should have just declined to answer obviously.

Is it maybe because people don't "hate us " as much as they used to in the so called good old days that we have decided to fill the void and hate ourselves ??? then hate our coach ??? and hate our star players ??

I scratch my head sometimes.

I know. In response to direct question....how dare you DCE. He should have just declined to answer obviously.

Is it maybe because people don't "hate us " as much as they used to in the so called good old days that we have decided to fill the void and hate ourselves ??? then hate our coach ??? and hate our star players ??

I scratch my head sometimes.
Let me be clear about this, I for one don't hate any of those you mention. I love all of my silvertail brethren (Hmmm Rex???), I love DCE but would just like him to stop talking and start delivering and I would really love Barrett if he would simply go and coach St George. :)

& I will laugh when DCE / Barrett take us deep into the finals this year & next year & the year after! Can't wait to see the reaction of some in here! Get on board everyone & enjoy what is about to come!!
Why laugh, max? If Barrett and Cherry do lead us deep into the finals year after year they'll deserve all the admiration from Manly fans that will come their way. Thing is, they haven't done it yet. This Manly team, like last year's team, is yet to play a single NRL game. We'll all know which way they're headed in a few months' time. Right now everything - from players, coaches and even us fans - is just talk.

& I will laugh when DCE / Barrett take us deep into the finals this year & next year & the year after! Can't wait to see the reaction of some in here! Get on board everyone & enjoy what is about to come!!
I sincerely hope you are right and I am absolutely wrong. I'll gladly eat humble pie if you are right, but I doubt that I will.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4