[Resurrected] No Dogs 10 year deal for Latrell (and contract dramas)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And from what I have read, a move to the Titans for Latrell all hinges on the NRL and their ruling of the Burgess payout. If the NRL allows the Bunnies to not include Burgess' salary in their salary cap then Jai Arrow will go to the Bunnies and then this would free up enough cash for the Titans to get Latrell. Will be interesting if the NRL says no to the Bunnies. Latrell could be playing park footy next year.

I think the Rooters will really miss Latrell next year. Sure he can have a quiet run, but he has won them a lot of big games as well. His performance in the last two Grand Finals are perfect examples of what a difference he can make to a side.

When you consider some of the players who are currently on 1mill plus, and the fact that Latrell is still only 21, then he is definitely worth around that mark imo. He’s had a good run with injuries, kicks goals for fun, is in the top three most devastating ball runners in the game, and barring a catastrophe, will only get better.

And no one thinks this not another cynical play from a club trying to either get his price down / appease fans if it looks like he was not going there?

This whole fiasco reminds of what happened when Tim Brasher, whose management thought he was the hottest prospect around, decided to reject Balmain's offer of $500,000 a season in 1997 to test the market.
The Tigers withdrew their offer and Brasher had to accept the only offer around, which was from Souths who at that time were on par with Tempe Tip, two $hitty seasons with South and then off to the Cowboys for a couple $hitty seasons again and then career over

Bad advice from those around him. Have no issue testing the market. Every other profession does it and who knows there may be issues at the Rooters we dont know about. Perhaps alls not well in the east?

Bad advice from those around him. Have no issue testing the market. Every other profession does it and who knows there may be issues at the Rooters we dont know about. Perhaps alls not well in the east?

Cut from the SOO team mid camp .... "head not in it"
Offer withdrawn by Roosters ... Attitude concerns
Offer withdrawn by Bulldogs ... Attitude concerns
Offer withdrawn by Tigers ..... Disrespect and Attitude concerns ....

He is really "testing" the market ..... but maybe you are correct ... maybe it is all the Roosters fault ...

I don't wish him ill ... but a good dose of grow up you goose might help him ...

This whole fiasco reminds of what happened when Tim Brasher, whose management thought he was the hottest prospect around, decided to reject Balmain's offer of $500,000 a season in 1997 to test the market.
The Tigers withdrew their offer and Brasher had to accept the only offer around, which was from Souths who at that time were on par with Tempe Tip, two $hitty seasons with South and then off to the Cowboys for a couple $hitty seasons again and then career over

Mate, that's a bit harsh on the ol' Tempe Tip isn't it.

Hard to believe that Brasher was only 26 going into the 1997 season. Because he'd started his first grade career at 18 and his rep career at 21, he seemed to have been around forever. Yet he ended up retiring at just 31 because of a knee injury.

Tim Brasher.....we could have done with signing him in 1998. Its not like we didn't need a fullback and he was familiar with Bozo's coaching. We did pick up Luke Phillips that year and he wasn't bad, but he wasn't a test level fullback like Brasher was.

Last edited:
Cut from the SOO team mid camp .... "head not in it"
Offer withdrawn by Roosters ... Attitude concerns
Offer withdrawn by Bulldogs ... Attitude concerns
Offer withdrawn by Tigers ..... Disrespect and Attitude concerns ....

He is really "testing" the market ..... but maybe you are correct ... maybe it is all the Roosters fault ...

I don't wish him ill ... but a good dose of grow up you goose might help him ...
And there you have it. Your entire post says it all.

2018 was an unsettled year for a very good but very young player. Hes not the first player with the wrong People in his ear telling him how good he is.

I have no love for the guy nor the rooters. Great players fall out with their clubs all the time for reasons we shall never know. Obviously there is a chink in the chain somewhere.

Like your 'grow up you goose' comment. If he does indeed find the magic button perhaps he can share it with some of our squad as well. DW and MF are 2 prime examples.

Easy money for much less effort then and more overseas travel if that eventuates for Latteral but would be a shame to lose a real talent [ when he is at his best ] from the N R L

This is truly at the ridiculous end of the scale now, I think this kid is getting some really bad advice from someone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4