[Resurrected] No Dogs 10 year deal for Latrell (and contract dramas)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran was the one who played ducks and drakes, not Cherry.

DCE was all set to sign a reported 3-4 year, $750k per year offer at the end of 2014 but the club pulled the offer because someone (one guess who.....) convinced them that Foran was the better option. DCE was allowed to shop around while the club concentrated on Foran. Problem was that by that stage Foran had already made up his mind that he was off to join Choc and Daddy Arthur at Doesn't-matta. The club realised it had made a mistake when Foran announced he was off to the Worms, by which time Cherry had already announced his signing with the Gold Coast. We'd suddenly lost both of our premiership winning, international halves in one foul swoop and the only way we could get one of them (DCE) back was to match the Titans $1m per year contract and then some.

Cherry never wanted to leave and said so a number of times. He only ended up signing with the Gold Coast because he was told that he was unwanted at Manly.
It is fair to say that the change in management at the time hampered the attempts to re-sign these two players, If Arko had been in charge it would have been a fair offer and if not leave! The club was played especially by Foran and it destroyed the 15 season. Our team at the time was ageing and DCE and Foran were the future. The fact that we had to scramble and retain DCE on outrageous money shows you that the club was in a total mess. I hated that season when it was obvious that Foran resented being with us and he played accordingly. The lesson from that time is no player is bigger than the club and I hope that is what happens at our club in future.!

Wow. 300k merc. Good thing the said jurno doesn't work over here in the Premier League.... the under 18's turn up in 300k mercs. Was at Chelsea training a few years ago and a player came in with a 2 million pound Koenigsegg Agera RS....

Wow. 300k merc. Good thing the said jurno doesn't work over here in the Premier League.... the under 18's turn up in 300k mercs. Was at Chelsea training a few years ago and a player came in with a 2 million pound Koenigsegg Agera RS....

That's just effing crazy. Sure pay the players enough so they can spend like that once they've won championships and cups and have played for their country.....but to pay teenagers that have done nothing in seniors that amount is getting crazy.

What next, 12 year old's on multi-million dollar contracts?

That's just effing crazy. Sure pay the players enough so they can spend like that once they've won championships and cups and have played for their country.....but to pay teenagers that have done nothing in seniors that amount is getting crazy.

What next, 12 year old's on multi-million dollar contracts?
The big sides over here already sign up kids from the age of 8 to 'unofficial Development contracts' a bit like uncle Nick's golf days. Hey Dad you commit your kid to our system and this brown paper bag will arrive every month.
It's a dog eat dog world.

On the whole money thing there was a great pod cast on a football show over here where one retired player spoke about how the money affected his life and how much he spent.

Briefly he said that as a 17yo he signed a contract with a division 1 side that got home 2k a week ( back in 2000's ) and he thought wow how good is this. He came from nothing in a council estate so that was a lot of money. Within 10 months he had signed for a PL club on 8k per week. Went out bought a Porsche, lived the life, partied etc etc. Next upgrade was to 24k per week. He ended his career on 70k per week ( top players in PL now get 200k per week and up)
At this point he said money started not to matter to him. Also said that he didn't buy anything other than property. Just leased what ever he wanted. Cars, boats, bikes etc.
And he made this point which I found very interesting. The reason he didn't buy anything was so he could treat his disposable income like a mortgage. He paid 14k per week for his house, 3k per week for his mums house he bought her, 3k per week for his Ferrari, 4k on a sun seeker boat per week etc etc. And he still had money to burn...

What a different world to even the best NRL players....

Unfortunately the chihuahua's have not learned from their past Farkups ie Trex Ben Hannant Aaron woods Just to name a few. To win a premiership you need players that are passionate about playing the sport not how much money will I get. Latrell Mitchell is way to immature to carry the dogs for 10 years. If he was as good as he think he is does anyone really believe that cocks would be letting him go??? The fact if true that he got upset that he was not praised enough, and or not given a lot more credit for the cocks grand final win. Shows he has a fundamental lack of understanding of what being part of a team is all about, and (if I don't get the praise I feel I deserve I'm out of here). I see another Jarod Hayne/Titan situation happening where Latrell will think he is bigger than the dogs. It will all end in tears.

The big sides over here already sign up kids from the age of 8 to 'unofficial Development contracts' a bit like uncle Nick's golf days. Hey Dad you commit your kid to our system and this brown paper bag will arrive every month.
It's a dog eat dog world.

I can't remember right now where I read it but recently I read something about a former Chooks player who said that the players themselves weren't paid the best money in the NRL, but their families were certainly "looked after" as a way to get the players to commit to the club.

Eels signed matterson... these bastards have a very good looking squad. There spine is there weakness though and lack of depth in those key positions. They have recruited well last 2 season's, lane blake Paulo ferguson sivo Campbell Gillard now matterson. How can they afford all these players ? Strange innit. I wonder who there standard mid year signing will be next year....

Love the tone of the article on Fox News. Hints at conspiracies by unknown persons and praises the high moral standards of the Roosters administration. Could have been written by uncle Nick’s PR people.

Agreed, that's why I found this article to be better...!

Totally unbiased reporter questions player with luxury car: Drives off in new 80k mustang.
Latrell Mitchell, one of the league’s best players has decided to test himself on the open market after his current club, the Roosters, run by Ford car dealer and multi millionaire ‘Uncle’ Nick, pulled their offer in frustration.

“Players always sign what is put in front of them, usually thick, wadded brown paper bags, and we can’t understand why it’s any different in Latrell’s case,” an un-named source close to the Roosters said.

The next day a news article appeared questioning Latrell’s choice of luxury Mercedes car by a totally unbiased reporter who claims to ask the tough questions.

“What type of country are we becoming when a highly paid athlete goes out and legally buys themselves a high priced ticket item? It’s un-Australian!” Yelled the journalist who arrived at work in a shiny new $80,000 Ford Mustang.

“You have to question his commitment to the team if he wants to arrive at training in a car that tops the safety standards, has a high top speed, and a good reputation for reliability.”

When asked about his own choice of brand new car based on his salary, the reporter proudly said:
“It was a gift from Uncle Ni..” before stopping himself and stating: “What type of country are we becoming when people start questioning legitimate purchases by hard working journalists? It’s un-Australian!”

He then got into his Mustang, tore out of the car park and side-swiped a police car.

Eels signed matterson... these bastards have a very good looking squad. There spine is there weakness though and lack of depth in those key positions. They have recruited well last 2 season's, lane blake Paulo ferguson sivo Campbell Gillard now matterson. How can they afford all these players ? Strange innit. I wonder who there standard mid year signing will be next year....
I won't accept teams are under the CAP until there is full public disclosure via the NRL each year. Player privacy is a bull**** argument these guys are in the lime light and that's why they get the big bucks. A lack of financial privacy is the price of fame.

Easts will win this power game over Mitchell, back to back premierships will ensure that if Mitchell leaves they will have room to re-enforce what they need to. I applaud their stance over this player and frankly something we should have done in 2015 when Foran and DCE played ducks and drakes with our club. No player is bigger than the club!!!

Manly did. They withdrew the offer to DCE and gave all the $$ to Foran.

See how that worked out. Foran was a lying POS who was
Foran was the one who played ducks and drakes, not Cherry.

DCE was all set to sign a reported 3-4 year, $750k per year offer at the end of 2014 but the club pulled the offer because someone (one guess who.....) convinced them that Foran was the better option. DCE was allowed to shop around while the club concentrated on Foran. Problem was that by that stage Foran had already made up his mind that he was off to join Choc and Daddy Arthur at Doesn't-matta. The club realised it had made a mistake when Foran announced he was off to the Worms, by which time Cherry had already announced his signing with the Gold Coast. We'd suddenly lost both of our premiership winning, international halves in one foul swoop and the only way we could get one of them (DCE) back was to match the Titans $1m per year contract and then some.

Cherry never wanted to leave and said so a number of times. He only ended up signing with the Gold Coast because he was told that he was unwanted at Manly.

Yes, Foran is a fukcwitt and karma is a bittchh.

There was a school of thought (i.e. rumour) that Foran had already signed with the Worms yet continued to negotiate with Manly and that it was all motivated by what he saw as the club shafting Gifty. His revenge was to keep stringing the club along until DCE had announced he was leaving, then a couple of weeks later he said he was off to Doesn't-matta.

About the only ones who didn't think he would leave was Manly.

What truth there is to it you'd have to ask Kieran Foran, though its debatable as to whether you'd get an honest answer even now.

There was a school of thought (i.e. rumour) that Foran had already signed with the Worms yet continued to negotiate with Manly and that it was all motivated by what he saw as the club shafting Gifty. His revenge was to keep stringing the club along until DCE had announced he was leaving, then a couple of weeks later he said he was off to Doesn't-matta.

About the only ones who didn't think he would leave was Manly.

What truth there is to it you'd have to ask Kieran Foran, though its debatable as to whether you'd get an honest answer even now.
It was front page news not just a rumour !
Kieran Foran set to sign with Parramatta Eels according to reports - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I recall Fiz hiding from the TV Media at Manly Season Launch 2015 when they wanted him to confirm the move to Parra :mad:

Poor 2v was left for the Dalai @:eek:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4