Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[Resurrected] No Dogs 10 year deal for Latrell (and contract dramas)

Cioran

Interesting comment that the Dogs now have salary cap space because of the departures of Woods, Mbye and Klemmer. Woods and Mbye left last year and Klemmer was replaced with a player on similar coin. The impression I got was that they never could afford Woods and Mbye’s money was more than soaked up by Foran.

If the Chooks couldn’t get the brothers to come to Bondi the Dogs have got no chance.

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
They can only do that if the players are off contract. Or if another club picks up their contracts.
It's easier just to pay out the coach's contract.
They apparently only have 2 players on contract after 2020 .... that's 28 players to either keep, flick or recruit .... they will be big movers in the market ...

And isn't the offer for Mitchell for 2021 .. ??

Peter C

Premium Member
They apparently only have 2 players on contract after 2020 .... that's 28 players to either keep, flick or recruit .... they will be big movers in the market ...

And isn't the offer for Mitchell for 2021 .. ??
Maybe so, but all good players want to know who they're going to be playing with, and if the Dogs have a stack of players off contract and possibly going at the end of next year, then the elite players they are trying to entice won't know who will be there the following year, the Dogs are farked for a while either way, which is fabulous

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Roosters have taken a 800k offer off the table for Latrell for 2021.

And driving shiny cars is obviously bad.

Manly Tragic

Tragic
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
IMO Latrell Mitchell is not a million dollar a season player not yet at least. Further I can't believe he turned his nose up at 800K a season which is premium money for a centre. I believe the kid is a real talent and one of the better centers in the game but his inconsistency reduces his value. Looks like he is receiving poor advice. He won't have the same success that he had at the roosters at a clubs like Canterbury. Sorry Skyhooks but "Ego" is a dirty word!

The Who

Premium Member
He's been disappointing for the latter part of the 2019 season, and may be believing his own publicity.
However, I'm sure if Easts want to retain him they will find a way. It won't be a case of money. They will only let him go if there are mitigating reasons for his form slump.

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
:confused:Knights would be ideal for him as he is always up in Taree with family.

Don't like the Media takedown though.

It's a professional sport and he has a right to maximize his contract.

Mundine's simple minded career advice is not helping the kid unless he is actively speaking to Clubs rather than being a mouthpiece feeding the Media @:cool:

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Totally unbiased reporter questions player with luxury car: Drives off in new 80k mustang.
Latrell Mitchell, one of the league’s best players has decided to test himself on the open market after his current club, the Roosters, run by Ford car dealer and multi millionaire ‘Uncle’ Nick, pulled their offer in frustration.

“Players always sign what is put in front of them, usually thick, wadded brown paper bags, and we can’t understand why it’s any different in Latrell’s case,” an un-named source close to the Roosters said.

The next day a news article appeared questioning Latrell’s choice of luxury Mercedes car by a totally unbiased reporter who claims to ask the tough questions.

“What type of country are we becoming when a highly paid athlete goes out and legally buys themselves a high priced ticket item? It’s un-Australian!” Yelled the journalist who arrived at work in a shiny new $80,000 Ford Mustang.

“You have to question his commitment to the team if he wants to arrive at training in a car that tops the safety standards, has a high top speed, and a good reputation for reliability.”

When asked about his own choice of brand new car based on his salary, the reporter proudly said:
“It was a gift from Uncle Ni..” before stopping himself and stating: “What type of country are we becoming when people start questioning legitimate purchases by hard working journalists? It’s un-Australian!”

He then got into his Mustang, tore out of the car park and side-swiped a police car.

Will on the hill.

If Manly paid 800k for Latrell, or any centre I'd be livid. Kid is kidding himself. 800k is like 100k per good game. If he gets anymore than that I pity the fool signing that paycheque.

Jigzkiller

Not a Chooks fan but this is exactly why they are a strong consistent side year in year out. They don’t let players run the club. If a club is silly enough to pay Mitchell a million dollars a year then they deserve all they get. Just another Ash Taylor coming your way.

manly al

Premium Member
Reports today in QLD linking Latrell to the Cowboys on the money still being set aside for Valentine Holmes. More then just silly season talk but of limited interest to me regardless ..

sheridanstand78

Easts will win this power game over Mitchell, back to back premierships will ensure that if Mitchell leaves they will have room to re-enforce what they need to. I applaud their stance over this player and frankly something we should have done in 2015 when Foran and DCE played ducks and drakes with our club. No player is bigger than the club!!!

Will on the hill.

Easts will win this power game over Mitchell, back to back premierships will ensure that if Mitchell leaves they will have room to re-enforce what they need to. I applaud their stance over this player and frankly something we should have done in 2015 when Foran and DCE played ducks and drakes with our club. No player is bigger than the club!!!
Agree re Foz, but if we let DCE go it would have been catastrophic. His price tag is huge but that is only because of the importance of his position and the lack of talent in said position. Jake is more important to have on the field on any given day but there are far more players that can do 80% of what Jake does than can do 80% of what Chez does.

bob dylan

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
The Mitchell saga is interesting as he is no longer the clear cut best centre at the club.

If it was my club and my decision i'd be doing exactly what Uncle Nick has done, locked up Manu for 3 more years. He is the real deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom