No 2nd rowers for 2008

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
It looks as though Sherlock has been on the money with this for once - if beaver goes we could be very light on for forwards next year.

Any that next year

Adam Lucius
07Mar07

MANLY'S plans to build their backrow depth were dealt a triple setback yesterday, with the hunt for Paul Gallen and Luke O'Donnell going cold as fresh doubts surfaced over Steve Menzies' long-term future.

Gallen is set to re-sign with Cronulla within the next 48 hours, while the Cowboys' O'Donnell appears to be out of Manly's price range.

Both players were in the Sea Eagles' sights ahead of the 2008 season following Ben Kennedy's retirement and Menzies' impending departure.

never fear cuthbo is here! back in 94 menzies, gartner
both young but played behind some very good props. gee they were good days. lets stick with these young guys we have and get 1 or 2 big guys busting up the defencive line.

Beaver will announce shortly that he won't play in 2008 and kite will not re-sign.

Cuthbo will not play first grade this year due to dessie's selection policies and will leave the club at the end of the year along with ballin and Burns.

Dessie will be forced to resign Dunley and Williamson for 2008 as manly fail to attract any signings for next year.

Injuries to the forwards will decimate us this year.

cuthbertson will not play first grade this year for one reason- because he is not a first grader.do people actually watch this bloke play.not many champions play 3 years of reserve grade.on his trial form in Caloundra he will be very lucky to make the reserve grade bench.

Beaver will announce shortly that he won't play in 2008 and kite will not re-sign.

Cuthbo will not play first grade this year due to dessie's selection policies and will leave the club at the end of the year along with ballin and Burns.

Dessie will be forced to resign Dunley and Williamson for 2008 as manly fail to attract any signings for next year.

Injuries to the forwards will decimate us this year.
Take your own advice from back in October 06

"Take a chill pill bro and sink a couple of dozen beers and watch this space for more signings soon"

Last thing we need for this year is Choc complacent that he will be re-signed for next year as there are no better options on the market

If we miss out on gallen and O'Donnell do we go for O'Meally and make Kite a seond rower?

I'm still optimistic on Gallen. Sure, he's been at cronulla a long time but this will be his final contract in Australia and who looks more like securing him that NRL premiership that every player wants? At the moment its us. That may be the deciding factor in it all.

No to worried, heard Orford was definately signing with Melbourne not Manly, Lyon was going back to Parra etc etc, will wait to see what happens.

Not walking down to throw myself of the Harbour Bridge just yet.

cuthbertson will not play first grade this year for one reason- because he is not a first grader.do people actually watch this bloke play.not many champions play 3 years of reserve grade.on his trial form in Caloundra he will be very lucky to make the reserve grade bench.

Ballin??

put it another way - how many have started their careers under risky Des?

His form in PL has leads most to believe that he will be a decent first grade backrower, so far he has played 3 games at prop and 1 trial in the first grade team. I just think he needs to play in his correct position and be given a decent chance.

Put it this way - he looks a far better prospect than watmough did at the same stage of his career.

[quote author=sue ridgepipe]

Ballin??

His form in PL has leads most to believe that he will be a decent first grade backrower, so far he has played 3 games at prop and 1 trial in the first grade team. I just think he needs to play in his correct position and be given a decent chance.

Put it this way - he looks a far better prospect than watmough did at the same stage of his career.
[/quote]

You have got to be kidding! When Choc was in PL he was scoring from anywhere, dropping guys in hits and out-running 90% of the backs.

How many of you guys actually get down & watch PL week in week out ?
Not the ones freaking out I'll wager.

Those who could be bothered have been watching Cuthbo domiate for a couple of years as a back-rower. To then bag him on a couple of performances playing out of position in weakened teams is an uninformed judgement.

We need to stop always thinking about buying & start concentrating on development. Buying firstgraders is not the way successful teams operate.
Our future is in Cuthbo, Ballin, Meaney, Groome & co, maybe with the odd big name to suppliment them.

[quote author=Fluffy]
[quote author=sue ridgepipe]

Ballin??

[/quote]

You have got to be kidding! When Choc was in PL he was scoring from anywhere, dropping guys in hits and out-running 90% of the backs.

[/quote]

Agree. Choc was in 1sts at 18 from memory.

I have seen Cuthbo do very well in reserve grade (what Premier League really is.) Even Ryan saw him one day as fast and outstanding (remember the wing comment.) However he has not stood up in the top grade and continuing whispers as to his attitude and work ethic seem to abound.

As for Kingyfan - a well known fruitloop - we will not know about signings until the club wants us to know. There are so many smokescreens in the Telegraph and on radio - look at Tuquiri who is using Souths to up his Rugby price.

In the last few years the club has got many of the players they have wanted. I don't think it is time to head to the gap yet!!!

CIG - dont believe everything you read, from what i saw choc looked good but a bit lacking in size - cuthbo has good size for a backrower. Ill give you that they were both looking as good as eachother then.

Cuthbo in PL plays 60 - 80 mins, drops plenty in tackles, hits like a prop and covers like a second rower, has more speed than plenty (ryan doesnt want him as a winger for no reason) and has a ripper offload.

As for age (i did say career), a bit different but look who was above choc and compare that to beaver, choc and BK who were above cuthbo. And we all know willow has the photo and of coarse the risky dazzler as coach

I have seen Cuthbo do very well in reserve grade (what Premier League really is.) Even Ryan saw him one day as fast and outstanding (remember the wing comment.) However he has not stood up in the top grade and continuing whispers as to his attitude and work ethic seem to abound.

As for Kingyfan - a well known fruitloop - we will not know about signings until the club wants us to know. There are so many smokescreens in the Telegraph and on radio - look at Tuquiri who is using Souths to up his Rugby price.

In the last few years the club has got many of the players they have wanted. I don't think it is time to head to the gap yet!!!

"EVEN" Ryan - **** of Dave !!!
Stop being holier than thou...it's very un christian of a person...unless that's just a veil you hide behind of coarse.

\"EVEN\" Ryan - **** of Dave !!!
Stop being holier than thou...it's very un christian of a person...unless that's just a veil you hide behind of coarse.

Thats not a veil. Thats a shroud. The Shroud of Turin.

Who would have thought on such an unassuming person as a Canteen Worker.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4