Nick and the Sombrero

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They shouldn’t have let club executives get involved with the administration of the game at NRL level. He has his fingers in everything.

same as having a few select coaches involved in referee reviews. Funny how Wayne Bennett teams get a good rub of the green and he has previously been involved in the referee and rule review process.

They shouldn’t have let club executives get involved with the administration of the game at NRL level. He has his fingers in everything.

same as having a few select coaches involved in referee reviews. Funny how Wayne Bennett teams get a good rub of the green and he has previously been involved in the referee and rule review process.

Agree 100%, Politis being involved at the highest level in the game ( just because he’s super rich ) is a stain on the game.

Board members and the CEO need to be at arms length from any club.

The next CEO should not be the past CEO of any club , should be employed from outside the game

Agree 100%, Politis being involved at the highest level in the game ( just because he’s super rich ) is a stain on the game.

Board members and the CEO need to be at arms length from any club.

The next CEO should not be the past CEO of any club , should be employed from outside the game

I actually disagree. I think the next administrator of this game has to be someone from within the game so they can really understand it. What is important is that whoever it is has to first love the game itself above trying to serve any (or their own) agendas.

With our modern way of thinking and structure (where short term profitability is the only real measure of success - which makes little sense for a sport) I worry that the only way someone can really make the changes needed to get our game back to where it should be - they have to really understand it and love it.

from there it will be obvious that club interests should be quarantined from decision making.

Coopers million is now available, so 500,000 each, no problem. Good money for sitting on the bench, really.

Didn't Cooper say he took unders to move to Sydney to be near Tara etc. ?

If so, again, we ask why are the Rorters allowed to pay unders when the NRL selectively put minimum values on player contracts ?

The Rorters will get caught eventually. It just takes one pissed of insider.

Didn't Cooper say he took unders to move to Sydney to be near Tara etc. ?

If so, again, we ask why are the Rorters allowed to pay unders when the NRL selectively put minimum values on player contracts ?

The Rorters will get caught eventually. It just takes one pissed of insider.
You comment about the pissed off insider is exactly what I have been thinking for ages.

The Storm were brought unstuck by a whistleblower so why not the Rorters.

I wonder what it would cost to buy a premiership, not just buying a ****load of great players and sticking them under your sombrero but assuring you won. Hypothetically you'd have to buy officials, media and management, you'd have to have the spin doctors working overtime to get the public to doubt what they actually saw....no, I can't see that happening.....

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...pite-grand-final-debacle-20191012-p53042.html

Further to my above post this article highlights one of the reasons the game will not improve unless the administration is shaken up. While the administrators performance is determined by profit margins, that is all they will strive for. It is not an accurate determination on the health of the game. Figures are easy to manipulate, they have the power to take funding from areas that are crying out for it and invest it in areas that bump short term profits. Any strong manager knows that KPIs have to be carefully constructed and these ones in the NRL are clearly not working - the fans are not happy. The game is a joke.

I wonder what it would cost to buy a premiership, not just buying a ****load of great players and sticking them under your sombrero but assuring you won. Hypothetically you'd have to buy officials, media and management, you'd have to have the spin doctors working overtime to get the public to doubt what they actually saw....no, I can't see that happening.....
Ask Shane (middle name: Wayne) Hayne. Stitched us up in a grand final then retired, presumably to Majorca. No doubt a City Ford courtesy car dropped him at the airport.

All it takes is to buy the boss of the refs who make the appointments, then the two or three top refs.
Forget trying to bribe players. The refs have the greatest influence over an outcome than any 2-3 players.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...pite-grand-final-debacle-20191012-p53042.html

Further to my above post this article highlights one of the reasons the game will not improve unless the administration is shaken up. While the administrators performance is determined by profit margins, that is all they will strive for. It is not an accurate determination on the health of the game. Figures are easy to manipulate, they have the power to take funding from areas that are crying out for it and invest it in areas that bump short term profits. Any strong manager knows that KPIs have to be carefully constructed and these ones in the NRL are clearly not working - the fans are not happy. The game is a joke.

I guess no salary cap at NRL hq.

You comment about the pissed off insider is exactly what I have been thinking for ages.

The Storm were brought unstuck by a whistleblower so why not the Rorters.
Nick has so much money that no one can be disgruntled

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4