Nick and the Sombrero

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You watch, the chooks will keep all that roster, sign a few more and blame it on cronk freeing up a ton of space. On the other hand, the raiders will lose half their squad to other clubs as their player values rise.

Politis will make sure the NRL doesnt ask questions.

The reality is, unless you make the players, and their affliates (wives, brothers, parents, etc..) tax returns/bank accounts public (which is a breach of their privacy so will never happen, nor should it) under the current cap/TPA system, there is no stopping the roosters/storm etc... Even then, there is always cash. (You probably need a whilsteblower)

We need a Draft system.

I hope with cronk gone they fall from their perch. Only 2 things funnier than watching a $20M team crash and burn, is a Scam lead storm crash and burn, or the squeels (the whole club is a laughing stock).

Here's a more simple idea that is used in grade cricket.
You are only allowed two overseas players in your First XI and four in your entire club.
This could be introduced in RL, plus making it mandatory that there are, say, four local players in the club's top 30. By locals I mean true locals - not the Easts' version of locals. These have to be kids who have been in the system since the age of 16.
These ideas would help clubs retain their juniors and minimise the impact of a club being able to buy a premiership.
I'd love to see Easts and Melbourne at least trying to develop their own talent rather than buying it.

I had a mate calling me out on GF day when I stated how ridiculous the Roosters Sombrero had become and now they are after Tyson Frizzel....he claimed "Manly back in the day were buying everyone"....I agreed and stated "Yep - there was Internationals playing in reserve grade....but....that was when there was NO Salary cap".
This silenced the Wolves

The system is broken, without a doubt , but does anyone have the balls to fix it????

I don't think so, you'd hope that Peter V'landys might bring things back to a better state but i'm not holding my breath. I'm still cooking about how we got dudded against Souths and tin foil hats on when the betting is as big in the game as it is how much did they stand to lose if we kept on winning? We would have beaten Canberra no doubt as they were ordinary against Souths.

What year did the betting in RL get really big? Remember when they had a segment for Tom Waterhouse on Channel 9? And he apologised and dialled back his on screen appearances in May 2013, right about when RL went to $hit and predictable

I'd be quite happy if the Broncos, Roosters and Storm had a round robin comp every year so the rest of the NRL playing / viewing public could watch some real footy.

I had a mate calling me out on GF day when I stated how ridiculous the Roosters Sombrero had become and now they are after Tyson Frizzel....he claimed "Manly back in the day were buying everyone"....I agreed and stated "Yep - there was Internationals playing in reserve grade....but....that was when there was NO Salary cap".
This silenced the Wolves
yeah true, but we were never as bad as the current day Roosters, we dont even come close to them and how they have been over the last decade

Have you every read so much BS in your lives . . .
Politis though admits that the Tricolours' success will come home to roost in more ways than one.
"We obviously want to keep a winning team together, who wouldn't?" Politis tells NRL.com.
"But it is really hard with the salary cap.
"Every year we lose a couple. (NOT TRUE. Last year they lost Ferguson and gained two international wingers in his place) Next year Cooper goes and in our salary cap a few guys will be bumped up and deservedly so.
"For next year we're all but locked up but the year after we do have six or seven guys coming off-contract [in 2020]."
So, their roster will be the same in 2020. Yep, it's really tough for Easts!

Just read on Twitter that the Roosters are negotiating to sign contracted SOO forward , Cameron Murray from South Sydney.

If true LOL at the Sombrero
It's no wonder Souffs hate Easts so much. They just raid their talent.
I hope the rumour is true. It would send the Burrow into meltdown and provide another chapter in Rusty's Book of Feuds.

Just read on Twitter that the Roosters are negotiating to sign contracted SOO forward , Cameron Murray from South Sydney.

If true LOL at the Sombrero
Here we go again - will likely end up with Frizzell and Murray due to amazing accountancy....no blink of an eyelid and not a mouse in the house will be heard.....

Here we go again - will likely end up with Frizzell and Murray due to amazing accountancy....no blink of an eyelid and not a mouse in the house will be heard.....

Always good to have three state of origin forwards on the bench isn’t it???

Coopers million is now available, so 500,000 each, no problem. Good money for sitting on the bench, really.

You watch, the chooks will keep all that roster, sign a few more and blame it on cronk freeing up a ton of space. On the other hand, the raiders will lose half their squad to other clubs as their player values rise.

Politis will make sure the NRL doesnt ask questions.

The reality is, unless you make the players, and their affliates (wives, brothers, parents, etc..) tax returns/bank accounts public (which is a breach of their privacy so will never happen, nor should it) under the current cap/TPA system, there is no stopping the roosters/storm etc... Even then, there is always cash. (You probably need a whilsteblower)

We need a Draft system.

I hope with cronk gone they fall from their perch. Only 2 things funnier than watching a $20M team crash and burn, is a Scam lead storm crash and burn, or the squeels (the whole club is a laughing stock).

I think the Roosters to keep winning is a nightmare for the NRL. Everybody saw the farce on grand final night and 99% of the people I have spoken to since the GF can smell a rat in regards to their somewhat dodgy operation. The ratings were well down and a few more Roosters premierships could really damage the brand. Watch for the bias towards the Broncos and the Eels to reach palpable levels next year - the NRL will be desperate more than ever to have these two teams feature prominently. The Roosters success is bad for business. Even the NRL must see this...or maybe not...

It's no wonder Souffs hate Easts so much. They just raid their talent.
I hope the rumour is true. It would send the Burrow into meltdown and provide another chapter in Rusty's Book of Feuds.

Is Rusty's influence on the wane?? Is James Packer still involved at Souths?

I think the Roosters to keep winning is a nightmare for the NRL. Everybody saw the farce on grand final night and 99% of the people I have spoken to since the GF can smell a rat in regards to their somewhat dodgy operation. The ratings were well down and a few more Roosters premierships could really damage the brand. Watch for the bias towards the Broncos and the Eels to reach palpable levels next year - the NRL will be desperate more than ever to have these two teams feature prominently. The Roosters success is bad for business. Even the NRL must see this...or maybe not...

Let’s not forget Uncle Nicks influence on everything.

He’ll want to wring another 2-3 Premierships out ( in a row) before the **** hits the fan.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6