Nicho Hynes wins Dally M award with record points tally

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very telling in his speech. He thanked so many people and even ex clubs and not a mention for Manly.

I don't blame him at all mind you. Just goes to show how twenty and unfortunately Bozo at the time screwed him over.

Another junior that got away and perhaps one of the best.

NRL Team of the Year

Fullback — James Tedesco (Roosters)
Winger — Joseph Suaalii (Roosters)
Winger — Alex Johnston (Rabbitohs)
Centre — Joseph Manu (Roosters)
Centre — Valentine Holmes (Cowboys)
Five-Eighth — Cameron Munster (Storm)
Halfback — Nicho Hynes (Sharks)
Prop — Payne Haas (Broncos)
Prop — Joseph Tapine (Raiders)
Hooker — Apisai Koroisau (Panthers)
Second Row — Viliame Kikau (Panthers)
Second Row — Jeremiah Nanai (Cowboys)
Lock — Isaah Yeo (Panthers)

Captain - Yeo
Rookie - Nanai
Coach - Payten

Very happy for Nicho. Such a humble guy.

I don’t lament ‘the one who got away’. He is the player he is because of the adversity he has overcome, which includes being cut by Manly. It’s all part of the story.

With Tommy last year and Hynes this year, I wonder how many U20’s teams have had two of their players go back to back Dally M medallist?

I agree with all the Team of the Year selections, except Suaalii - I don't get the hype - maybe I didn't see enough Roosters games?

Another outstanding junior is Max Jorgensen (son of Peter) who plays both Union & League. He has just signed a big contract with the Waratahs. He has possibly the best junior highlights reel I've ever seen.

Very telling in his speech. He thanked so many people and even ex clubs and not a mention for Manly.

I don't blame him at all mind you. Just goes to show how twenty and unfortunately Bozo at the time screwed him over.

Another junior that got away and perhaps one of the best.
The mighty Mackay Cutters even got a mention! ⚔️

Can we not find a single award for NSW Cup and Q Cup ?

Especially when an NRLW competition with, is it 5, teams gets equal billing with the NRL.

Pretty weak for mine. Sends a message that they don't even count.
Both competitions had their awards nights last week I’m pretty sure.

NRL Team of the Year

Fullback — James Tedesco (Roosters)
Winger — Joseph Suaalii (Roosters)
Winger — Alex Johnston (Rabbitohs)
Centre — Joseph Manu (Roosters)
Centre — Valentine Holmes (Cowboys)
Five-Eighth — Cameron Munster (Storm)
Halfback — Nicho Hynes (Sharks)
Prop — Payne Haas (Broncos)
Prop — Joseph Tapine (Raiders)
Hooker — Apisai Koroisau (Panthers)
Second Row — Viliame Kikau (Panthers)
Second Row — Jeremiah Nanai (Cowboys)
Lock — Isaah Yeo (Panthers)

Captain - Yeo
Rookie - Nanai
Coach - Payten
And Hunt didn't make the cut for half, bit of a surprise there.

And Hunt didn't make the cut for half, bit of a surprise there.

Not really. Hynes beat him at halfback and that's the only position they could have selected him. He only wore the No.7 for the Dragons in 2022. Even if you took off 3 for the game Hynes played at fullback (Rd.10), at half he still outscored Hunt by 3.

It would suck coming 3rd in the Medal tally and not making the Team of the Year. But that's what happens when the winner isn't you but plays your position. They're in, you're not.

Both competitions had their awards nights last week I’m pretty sure.

I don't like it. These two competitions deserve some sort of presence at the biggest awards night.

Even if it's only a "player of the year" award.

Can we not find a single award for NSW Cup and Q Cup ?

Especially when an NRLW competition with, is it 5, teams gets equal billing with the NRL.

Pretty weak for mine. Sends a message that they don't even count.
To be fair,I know the QCup puts on a big ceremony for their awards night,so they may like to keep it separate from what the NRL do.Maybe they think their awards will get lost amongst the ones presented to the NRL players

Congratulations Hynes, my favourite non-Manly player this season.

Also, for anyone crying about how we let him go, have any of you actually looked at his journey?
We had him for 1 season in 2015, then he went to QLD cup (not poached by another nrl team) for 2 seasons before signing for Storms feeder club and not getting a start for the Storm until August 2019.
I think he's a fantastic player, but I cant see how anyone could know back in 2015 that he would be Dally M winner 7 years later.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4