Nicho Hynes wins Dally M award with record points tally

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The equal billing on the night for a 5 round comp is an absolute joke

Well done to Hynes, seems like a good bloke who managed to get out of Melbourne before they turned him into a **** bloke
Whilst I agree with you ( by game and team comparison ) the woman’s game is here , is not going away , and should be celebrated.

It’ll grow , have more teams , and a longer season in time.

But for now I think it’s ok to be included equally.

NRL Team of the Year

Fullback — James Tedesco (Roosters)
Winger — Joseph Suaalii (Roosters)
Winger — Alex Johnston (Rabbitohs)
Centre — Joseph Manu (Roosters)
Centre — Valentine Holmes (Cowboys)
Five-Eighth — Cameron Munster (Storm)
Halfback — Nicho Hynes (Sharks)
Prop — Payne Haas (Broncos)
Prop — Joseph Tapine (Raiders)
Hooker — Apisai Koroisau (Panthers)
Second Row — Viliame Kikau (Panthers)
Second Row — Jeremiah Nanai (Cowboys)
Lock — Isaah Yeo (Panthers)

Captain - Yeo
Rookie - Nanai
Coach - Payten
Not one Manly player in the NRL top performers of the year
Not surprising because we were far from top performers all years having won the NRL flat track bullies award

Previous years when we reigned supreme we had players dominating that team

And unless we get add some dominant players in our squad we wont be a dominant force again next season .

WE are a few sandwiches short of a picnic and a few quality players short of being a premiership contender

See the source image

Another quality Barrett decision.

Well done Trent, at least you are consistent.

I am probably in the minority but I have always thought Nicho is a tad over rated. No slight intended as I admire his ability to perservere and become a very good first grade player but as the 2 semi final losses showed he is also not the messiah e.g. Cleary. So when we lament him leaving he has only come into his own in the past 18 months and I still think we were vindicated in keeping other players in front of him at teh time.

I am probably in the minority but I have always thought Nicho is a tad over rated. No slight intended as I admire his ability to perservere and become a very good first grade player but as the 2 semi final losses showed he is also not the messiah e.g. Cleary. So when we lament him leaving he has only come into his own in the past 18 months and I still think we were vindicated in keeping other players in front of him at teh time.
Thanks Trent

Trent who.. oh yeah supercoach.. f#@kwit.. he will never coach at NRL level again.. Nicho cleaning up in the Dally Ms pretty much seals it..can't coach and no clue on recruitment and retention..

Congratulations Hynes, my favourite non-Manly player this season.

Also, for anyone crying about how we let him go, have any of you actually looked at his journey?
We had him for 1 season in 2015, then he went to QLD cup (not poached by another nrl team) for 2 seasons before signing for Storms feeder club and not getting a start for the Storm until August 2019.
I think he's a fantastic player, but I cant see how anyone could know back in 2015 that he would be Dally M winner 7 years later.
Look at his highlights for manly on YouTube - He was amazing in that team. Only an idiot would have cut him. He only had a broken wrist at the end of the year and would have been fine the next season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8